No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2015 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heart is palipating in anticipation of this event...I better take another BP pill...LOL
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      My heart is palipating in anticipation of this event...I better take another BP pill...LOL
      Don't tell your dr that. I was just in the hospital for three days for atrial fibrillation..not niceI wanna ride the bike butt.....gotta fix it first to be road worthy.
      '80 XS1100 SG
      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

• T Shirts

Two working days left to get your T shirt. Monday is the last day. Cannot buy at the rally. These are really nice shirts.
        1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors
        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
          Hope to maybe make a short howdy visit to Motoman & Motowoman on Sunday 13th if they are up for visitors.
          That sounds like a fine idea Jeff!

Have a good trip West..
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by STEPPENWOLF View Post
            Don't tell your dr that. I was just in the hospital for three days for atrial fibrillation..not niceI wanna ride the bike butt.....gotta fix it first to be road worthy.
            Just excited,...i dont have heart ailments,was just getting BP up in anticipation...We're good to go
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Bump

Just bumping this so that it will show up again on the LAST PAGE of this thread, I had merged it with this thread, but because it was a few days old, it got put/merged by creation/post date into the thread and on the previous page!

T.C.

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Sorry Jeff H. and others, obviously gonna have to miss this one again, but will get to visit with Jeff and the accopying Wing rider on the 13th of this month, as they will be stopping by on their way back to Georgia country.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Mileage up to 33.5MPG - Get me gas lamp at 110.

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                  Last MPG check on an SF was 36 with 2 up and 40 solo. Mostly straight and some small twisties. I will not get my best mileage if on an all day mountain twisty ride, but it will not be less than 34-35
                  XS Folks,
                  I wasn't going to fess up to this but...... I knew the specs, was SURE I did it all correctly. BUT, I pulled the carbs last night to take ONE MORE LOOK before XSSE so I have plenty of time for local testing.

The floats were off sooooooo far I can't believe it ran so well. Only carb #1 was correct. #3 & #4 were so far off it looked like a mile (AT LEAST 3mm high). #2 was closer but still crap. I re-set them to spec and re-checked it multiple times.

I drove today two-Up driving and I was absolutely flogging it at times. Got 'er up to 85 once or twice (short burst) and drove higher RPM's at 45mph for like 30+ miles. Give me gas lamp started flickering at 105miles.

Gas mileage is now at 33.5. If I hadn't been beating the snot out of it I probably would have gained a mile or two.

Thanks..... YOU WERE RIGHT TO TELL ME TO CHECK 'EM.

Respectfully,
                  KURT

P.S. The first time I pulled the carbs I felt it was like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. After I got the tank out of the way it took me like 5 minutes to get 'em out and about the same to get 'em back in place once cleaned and adjusted.
                  Kurt Boehringer
                  Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                  1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                  1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                  1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                  1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                  1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                  1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                  1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                  1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                  1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                  1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                  1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                  2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

• Sounds like you are getting there...what kind of gas are you using...ethanol or non-ethanol?...the non ethanol burns hotter and more power to engine and should also improve mileage...depending upon your throttle control...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Super with Ethanol.....

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                      Sounds like you are getting there...what kind of gas are you using...ethanol or non-ethanol?...the non ethanol burns hotter and more power to engine and should also improve mileage...depending upon your throttle control...
                      MadMax,

I will try to stay off my soap-box about this garbage ethanol fuel.... I've got plenty of opinion on that stuff

I've heard people talk of a station or two without ethanol in the area but I don't know where they are located. I don't know if it's even legal in Georgia...? I BELIEVE they mandate ethanol for the entire ATL region+ to prevent smog but I don't know for sure. The last time I saw sign promising non-Ethanol fuel I was in LA (Lower Alabama )

I run only Super in the Bikes and the Hot Rods. I run the cheapest crap we can find for the Daily Driver Accords

KURT
                      Kurt Boehringer
                      Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                      1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                      1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

• Kurt it is legal in GA I have bought it there...
                        check here.....
                        http://www.pure-gas.org
                        you are correct about the ATL area not having it but theres plenty of places outside of ATL that do sell it...
                        2 places in Peachtree City have it...its worth the extra money...Ethanol free is all i use locally...my station is 4 miles from my home...love non ethanol...soap box all you want cause we all hate that ethanol crap gas... you will see a noticable improvement in engine performance in that first tank...
                        Last edited by madmax-im; 09-06-2015, 07:00 AM.
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          Kurt it is legal in GA I have bought it there...
                          http://www.pure-gas.org
                          2 places in Peachtree City have it...
                          MadMax,
                          I frequent BOTH of those stations. One of them is less than a mile from my house the other about two miles the opposite direction. BOTH of them have their pumps clearly labeled that their gas contains UP TO 10% ethanol. These stations are mis-labeled on the Pure Gas web-site. Their PUMP gas DEFINATELY HAS ethanol in it. I read the descriptions and they CLAIM to sell 94 octane non-ethanol in: quarts, gallon, & 5 gallon cans. If they do, I've never seen it there and I'm not too interested in buying cans of gas......

There are a couple others listed in my neighboring areas which I know are selling only ethanol pump gas (Newnan, Sharpsburg, McDonough). I suppose it's possible I could find non-ethanol in areas much further from ATL.

Kurt
                          Kurt Boehringer
                          Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

• wow guess some updating is in order on that site...sorry to hear...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
                              MadMax,
                              I frequent BOTH of those stations. One of them is less than a mile from my house the other about two miles the opposite direction. BOTH of them have their pumps clearly labeled that their gas contains UP TO 10% ethanol. These stations are mis-labeled on the Pure Gas web-site. Their PUMP gas DEFINATELY HAS ethanol in it. I read the descriptions and they CLAIM to sell 94 octane non-ethanol in: quarts, gallon, & 5 gallon cans. If they do, I've never seen it there and I'm not too interested in buying cans of gas......

There are a couple others listed in my neighboring areas which I know are selling only ethanol pump gas (Newnan, Sharpsburg, McDonough). I suppose it's possible I could find non-ethanol in areas much further from ATL.

Kurt
                              Kurt if you go back to Puregas site...on the extreme right dside margins where the gas stations are listed there is a link "details" clicking on that and one of the 2 stations in your town says they are selling ethanol free gas but its in containers and not at the pump...the other station says they converted their pumps over to 90 octane ethanol free...dunno if thats true...JAT also alot of times these places have a sepaarate pump just for the ethanol free...and it is in a separate location away from the main pumps...you should at least go in and inquire if you havent already done so..
                              The latest entry is Jun 2015 so if you havent ben there for a while go back and see

Pit Stop #28 - PIT STOP
                              555 Hwy 74, Peachtree City GA
                              678-833-0628
                              Ethanol-free octane ratings: 90 94 110
                              GPS coordinates: N 33.37113 W 84.56970 (entered by Rob Resler)
                              Updated by Michael Hyde, June 02, 2015 12:22 CDT
                              Took forever to convert over. Has 90 OCTANE Ethanol free now. At the pump. $1.00 more than regular gas.

Updated by Craig, May 23, 2015 14:23 CDT
                              Race Gas only, couldn't find the 90 octane and cashier inside confirmed they didn't have.
                              Updated by ron, April 20, 2015 5:28 CDT
                              addr
                              Updated by Michael Hyde, April 13, 2015 21:52 CDT
                              We sell several ethanol free fuels for cars. We also sell several ethanol free LEADED fuel for racing.
                              Updated by Jonathan Lathbury, April 11, 2015 11:51 CDT
                              Updated address.
                              Updated by ron, April 11, 2015 7:26 CDT
                              addr
                              Updated by Jonathan Lathbury, April 10, 2015 13:30 CDT
                              Within the week his station will be selling REC 90 octane E0 at the pump. They sell 94 octane E0 in five gallon conatainers as well as a wide variety of other specialty fuel products. This station is located at the intersection of Ga Hwy 74 and TDK Blvd in Peachtree City.
                              Updated by Jonathan Lathbury, April 10, 2015 12:07 CDT
                              Updated address. Their 100 octane E0 is a VP Racing product and sells for $7.77 per gallon at the pump.
                              Posted by Rob Resler, April 10, 2015 11:59 CDT
                              Last edited by madmax-im; 09-07-2015, 08:10 AM.
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Tail of The Dragon

Nice video of the Tail of The Dragon in deals Gap, NC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMzodo-nsGc
                                1981 XS1100H Venturer
                                K&N Air Filter
                                ACCT
                                Custom Paint by Deitz
                                Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                                Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                                Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                                Stebel Nautilus Horn
                                EBC Front Rotors
                                Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike