No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2015 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all traveling back have a safe uneventful trip home. Sorry I could not be there this year but hope to return next year.

Ron
    To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
    1980 G Silverbird
    Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
    1198 Overbore kit
    Grizzly 660 ACCT
    Barnett Clutch Springs
    R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
    122.5 Main Jets
    ACCT Mod
    Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
    Antivibe Bar ends
    Rear trunk add-on
    http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

• Y'all have a safe ride home

Regretfully i missed this rally and lost the money i paid out...no one bailed me out and so i am feeling kinda left out...but thats okay because god didnt want me to go...a blessing in disguise as the events at home would have aborted my rally anyway...as it is i think i am done with all the rallies...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• You have plenty of time till next year's rallies to have a change of heart Ben. I missed-out, it did not ruin my weekend. I'm super-glad the rain was not present like it was on Friday. I'm glad I was able to follow-through my assistance to George, despite shorting him a day. I coulda thrown another clutch perch on the bike and rode down the next day, but I know my bike would not like to be seen all scratched-up. Coulda taken another bike, but I did not have time to look it over for a LD ride. It was not meant to be, and I'm okay with that. It's just money Ben. Consider it a donation and move-on. Glad everybody had a great trip! I look forward to possibly XS East for a birthday gift to myself.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• Money is pissed away...money i could have used...so i dont agree...as it stands... i'm not even going to plan another rally...YMMV
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Back Home in Atlanta.
            GREAT RALLY

Marty too ..............
            Marty & I rode over the mountain back into Georgia. Bit of rain going over Blood Mountain but didn't need to suit up. We had a nice home ride (albeit short).
            Plus, loaded 4.3 gallons of non-ethanol 87 at the Sunrise Grocery on US129.

Rally had quite a few new people attending this year which was fantastic.
            I think 55 were at the Saturday Night Awards Event. What a hoot. Lots of laughs. More on that later.

Jeff
            Last edited by JeffH; 09-28-2015, 02:16 PM.
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• More pictures

I'll share a few of my favorite pictures too.

Kurt I also thoroughly enjoyed riding with you and Nancy. I do have proof my bike was little cleaner at the start:

This photo I noticed leaving IH down Gumpter Gap Road:
              (east fork of the entrance):

A rustic dam on 129, south of Deals Gap on the way toward Robbinsville:

A quiet spot on a road off the Overlook Parkway:

Folks are arriving on Friday afternoon and conversing outside :

Ready to ride Saturday morning in the drizzle:

The stars:

I was so glad I could enjoy this experience and meet the great people I have only by computer names until now. Thanks to all for one of the most memorable times of my life. (And my life has not been boring.)
              -Mike
              _________
              '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
              '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
              '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
              '79 XS750SF 17k miles
              '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
              '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
              '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Safe at home... ATL Traffic STUNK! - Deals Gap Photos Ready!

The DRAGON photos are available from two of the three companies offering them:

All you need to know is about what time you passed the cameras. We were a little earlier up & back than others (3:15pm Southbound).

129photo.com
                129slayer.com
                killboy.com
                (not yet available)

We had a GREAT time.... Thanks to all that guys that organized and made this a great weekend get away! We're reserved for next year!!!!

Kurt & Nancy Boehringer

P.S. Yes.... I smacked that center stand hard a couple times on the Dragon....
                Last edited by kboehringer; 09-28-2015, 02:50 PM.
                Kurt Boehringer
                Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

• Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                  You have plenty of time till next year's rallies to have a change of heart Ben. I missed-out, it did not ruin my weekend. I'm super-glad the rain was not present like it was on Friday. I'm glad I was able to follow-through my assistance to George, despite shorting him a day. I coulda thrown another clutch perch on the bike and rode down the next day, but I know my bike would not like to be seen all scratched-up. Coulda taken another bike, but I did not have time to look it over for a LD ride. It was not meant to be, and I'm okay with that. It's just money Ben. Consider it a donation and move-on. Glad everybody had a great trip! I look forward to possibly XS East for a birthday gift to myself.
                  Ian,

That's a very balanced attitude.

What really matters is not that you missed the rally, anyway ... but that you are safe after your fall, and that you weren't more seriously injured.

You know as well as I that it could have been much worse.

So glad you're OK ...

Sounds like the rally was a resounding success, in spite of a little rain!

I hope everyone has a safe ride home ...
                  Marco

Current bikes:
                  1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                  1979 Honda CBX
                  2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                  WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

• I rode it hard, and put it up wet!

Send your photos and we'll put a bunch of them on the Facebook page. Send them to xsse@laser134.com

Also, if you want email notifications about the rally send a request to xsse@laser134.com and you will be added to the address book.

To all those who participated in this event, in one way or another, I can't thank you enough! You are the reason we do it!
                    Last edited by jetmechmarty; 09-28-2015, 03:36 PM.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

• We had a rider go down last night. Gino went down on his KZ1000 near the lodge. I understand his injuries are not life threatening, but he may spend some time in the hospital. Please send your thoughts and prayers his way.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

• Rider down

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                        We had a rider go down last night. Gino went down on his KZ1000 near the lodge. I understand his injuries are not life threatening, but he may spend some time in the hospital. Please send your thoughts and prayers his way.
                        Sorry to hear that, Marty ...

Gino will certainly be in my prayers.
                        Marco

Current bikes:
                        1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                        1979 Honda CBX
                        2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                        WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

• Td

Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
                          The DRAGON photos are available from two of the three companies offering them:

All you need to know is about what time you passed the cameras. We were a little earlier up & back than others (3:15pm Southbound).

129photo.com
                          129slayer.com
                          killboy.com
                          (not yet available)

We had a GREAT time.... Thanks to all that guys that organized and made this a great weekend get away! We're reserved for next year!!!!

Kurt & Nancy Boehringer

P.S. Yes.... I smacked that center stand hard a couple times on the Dragon....
                          Looks like a visit to Traxxion Dynamics could be in your future. Here is some info on Street Bikes from their website:

http://www.traxxion.com/Street-Bike/

Glad you guys had a good time.
                          1981 XS1100H Venturer
                          K&N Air Filter
                          ACCT
                          Custom Paint by Deitz
                          Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                          Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                          Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                          Stebel Nautilus Horn
                          EBC Front Rotors
                          Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Next year folks!!!

I just wanted to say that my absence was the work of a higher authority...catching a cold on thurs surely would have turned into the flu had i rode through all that rain...Fri a.m it was pitch black out at 6a.m.(the time i was to leave) and it was pouring buckets...so I just knew i didnt want to cope with that...then early Sat a.m. my kitty cat had a medical emergency that if i wasnt here prolly would not have been discovered until i came home today...but as it was i was able to get him to the vet's and had the issues taken care of right away....it could have been life threatening but because i was there ..it was not...so God had other plans for me and just this evening i get a Pm from brent...Thankyou Brent for your wonderful support...you have restored my faith in my fellow humans and XSive Brothers and Sisters...and as such I owe you all the oppourtunity to meet up and ride once again...so I will be looking forward to next year's XSSE...I'm happy you all got to ride relatively rain free and that most all of you are safe with no major incidents...and for those of us that didnt make it this year..i hope we all can get together next year to celebrate life and being an XSive owner...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Best rally ever !

My first post (thanks TC for hookin me up!)Other than the rain Friday and on the ride home today,I have to rate it as the best riding weekend ever!Riding for 48 years never did as many twisties with such great scenery and a fantastic group of like minded knowledgeable bikenuts! I was welcomed by all and am glad to be part of this great xs11.com group! ps.tc and other tidewater boys tried to find you in Cherokee,hope all was well on your trip home. will post pics soon
                              81 Venturer

Comment

• XS1100 tally?

Looks like the turnout was the best yet...did anyone make a count of how many XS1100s there were...XS650s? even without me there this event continues to grow and offers up some of the best motorcycling in the country
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X