• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
    and a Godzilla.
    Gotta love it.
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

• I'm home in Detroit tonight after visiting Mom in Asheville yesterday.

I wanted to mention I called Gino last evening around 6:30. He said he has a couple of fractured ribs, and his lung has some damage, but it is not punctured. His shoulder/collar bone are badly bruised, but not broken. He told that me Paul was going to spring him this morning.

He was so happy to wake up earlier in the day and see "everybody", which I guessed would have been Mark, Chris and family, and Paul. I know you guys made his mishap much more tolerable.
      -Mike
      _________
      '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
      '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
      '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
      '79 XS750SF 17k miles
      '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
      '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
      '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Who is Gino (screen name) and what happened to him? Was there a wreck during the rally or after on way home?

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
          Who is Gino (screen name) and what happened to him? Was there a wreck during the rally or after on way home?

John
          Gino is not a member on this forum...but is a friend of mlew's...they all live in the Raleigh area...Gino was riding a KZ1000...from what I understand he lost it on the road leading back to the IH not fat from the entrance to IH...he missed a turn in the road..broke 4 ribs...a colllarbone and punctured a lung...was supposed to get released from hosp. yesterday...not sure either Sat eve. or happened sunday eve.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            not sure either Sat eve. or happened Sunday eve.
            Sunday Afternoon.

Not that it's important in any way at all, but the bike has very minor damage. Mostly the right side of the instrument cluster.

Mark helped us find Gino's address and we have it at home if anyone would like to send him a card. I'll post it up after lunch as Nancy will get it for me then. Would posting it be Ok?

KURT
            Kurt Boehringer
            Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
            1978 - SR500 - Thumper
            1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
            1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
            1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
            1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
            1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
            1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
            1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
            1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
            1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
            1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
            2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

• Here's my damage on the way down:

Not bad for laying it down @ 70 mph, ehh?
              Last edited by IanDMacDonald; 09-30-2015, 08:37 AM.
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• better the bike than you Ian...glad you are okay...the bike can be fixed alot easier than you could be...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Martini

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                  Where is the LIKE button?
                  You deserve it Marty..!!!!!
                  1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
                  2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

• After XSSE

Yet another great XSSE. So we got a little wet. "Forget about it"! Glad to see that we have old and new interest each year. Hope the XS650 guys enjoyed themselves.

I appreciate everyone's effort that make this rally happen. Very glad to be a part of it.

Still in Bryson City (20 mins from IH) doing some "house" work. Got the 11s all cleaned up. Headed back to the Atlanta area in the am.

Where to next? Maybe Biketoberfest.

Mike
                    1981 XS1100H Venturer
                    K&N Air Filter
                    ACCT
                    Custom Paint by Deitz
                    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                    Stebel Nautilus Horn
                    EBC Front Rotors
                    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• I left my mon's house today and headed east on I40/81 I exited at Bristol and took 421 up to Mountain City (The Snake), then up to US58 and over the mountains to Danville, VA where I'm spending the night.

I didn't get much rain but I did ride through A LOT of low clouds when still gets you wet. I'm only three hours out from home but I don't have a clear face shield so when the sun goes down, I have to stop.

Tomorrow will be a bit more challenging (and colder) as I ride to Toano.

Well it looks like the XS did well on this trip. Only some minor problems cropped up which are easy to fix (or already fixed). This is a great bike.
                      1981 XS11000SH being used for parts (Sold off)

Also have:
                      2009 Harley Davidson FLSTC with over 120K miles. All mine.

Currently traveling the country with an aluminum can in tow and a motorcycle in the truck bed in search of the perfect road.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        Here's my damage on the way down:

Not bad for laying it down @ 70 mph, ehh?
                        Sorry about your ride. We care for these bike's .Kills us when they not running or crashed. Glad you OK.Be Safe....Good luck!!!
                        1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
                        2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

• Next?

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                          Yet another great XSSE. So we got a little wet. "Forget about it"! Glad to see that we have old and new interest each year. Hope the XS650 guys enjoyed themselves.

I appreciate everyone's effort that make this rally happen. Very glad to be a part of it.

Still in Bryson City (20 mins from IH) doing some "house" work. Got the 11s all cleaned up. Headed back to the Atlanta area in the am.

Where to next? Maybe Biketoberfest.

Mike
                          Next ride/event I am looking at is Vintage Days at Barber Motorsports Park October 9-11, 2015.
                          http://www.barbermuseum.org/events/b...-park/schedule

Thank you Mike for hauling & hiding trophies and for contribution of cable for XS standard (even if you did not "win" the Hauley award.) Nice photos of you riding The dragon Sunday on killboy 129 photos,or 129 slayer.
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                            Who is Gino (screen name) and what happened to him? Was there a wreck during the rally or after on way home?

John
                            We just got home this evening after a week at the Iron Horse. Gino is a friend of mine , he wanted to come and ride with us. He was daydreaming on Hwy28 as we were turning at the Stecoah Diner and hit the brakes too hard and lost the bike. He suffered 4 broken ribs , dislocated shoulder and a small lung puncture, also got a helicopter ride to UT medical in Knoxville TN. He was in the hospital till Tuesday then another friend took him home.
                            Minimal damage to his bike, scuffed crash bar, mirror and rear turn signal. Bent the tach mount and headlight bucket.
                            Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
                            Current rides:
                            80 XS1100SG
                            82 JX1100
                            83 Venture Royale
                            86 V-Max

Comment

• Good Deal

Originally posted by mlew View Post
                              We just got home this evening after a week at the Iron Horse. Gino is a friend of mine , he wanted to come and ride with us. He was daydreaming on Hwy28 as we were turning at the Stecoah Diner and hit the brakes too hard and lost the bike. He suffered 4 broken ribs , dislocated shoulder and a small lung puncture, also got a helicopter ride to UT medical in Knoxville TN. He was in the hospital till Tuesday then another friend took him home.
                              Minimal damage to his bike, scuffed crash bar, mirror and rear turn signal. Bent the tach mount and headlight bucket.
                              Mark,

Glad Gino is better. Sounds like he will be ok in due time.
                              1981 XS1100H Venturer
                              K&N Air Filter
                              ACCT
                              Custom Paint by Deitz
                              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                              Stebel Nautilus Horn
                              EBC Front Rotors
                              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by mlew View Post
                                Great news! I hope he'll join us again next year!
                                Marty (in Mississippi)
                                XS1100SG
                                XS650SK
                                XS650SH
                                XS650G
                                XS6502F
                                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                                X