XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BA80
    replied
    If there is no bearing play in that rear wheel your going to be good to go. The right side bearing is sealed so as long as it is smooth and tight don't worry about it.

    The left bearing is really easy to lube up. I just was talking to TC about this the other day. There is a seal there that is really easy to remove. There's also a small spacer with a little lip that sticks through that seal that is easily pried out. It won't hurt the lip of the seal if your careful. There's a looped spring that fits in a groove in the lip of the seal that might fall out but you can pop it right back in there. Then, the seal comes out real easy.

    There is an inner race that will slid out of the bearing then you can lube the bearing rollers and reassemble.

    Put the inner race in the bearing then with the spacer installed in the seal you can push the seal and spacer back in with your thumbs.

    Here is one disassembled.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Don't borrow trouble. I expect your bearings are fine. While you have the rear wheel off, pull the grease seal from the left side. Slide out the inner race and grease that bearing well. The other three are sealed.

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    I don't understand what your asking here. What about the XS bearings?
    What if they fail inspection during the tire change?.....metrics seem to be in short supply locally......

    Would hate to have something like that make me miss this...just sayin' y'all have been posting up lots of recent troubles.....

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I don't understand what your asking here. What about the XS bearings?

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Y'all are getting me skeered to inspect anything else on the old XS. Need to change that rear tire though and I have new brake pads standing by....but what about those wheel bearings?

    I just hammered a set out of my old DR650 and my local bearing house can't get me any until next Mon....and they're not my first brand choice...those wouldn't come in for another week.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    SCOTT!!!!!!! Your holding up the show. Don't make that a regular habit.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    I didn't get out of town yet.

    Mom pulled in as I was getting ready to get out of Dodge and I had to do some brake work on her car so I'm taking a break before I get on the road.

    Oh joy. More night riding. This is going to turn into an Iron Butt ride.

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    oh yeah..Thanks Greg for the re-fresher...must be getting old...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Good to hear 3Phase is already on the road. Ted & Heather up and running again is great too.
    My test ride blew up my speedo cable
    Have I messed up the wheel drive or is it just coincidence ? I really do not what to take the wheel off again.
    I will try and get a replacement before I leave on Thursday.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    "Just one more thing...."

    The rubber gaskets on the hard bags decided to slip off; been way too much rain lately so I had to unpack and glued them back on. I mostly sat around and watched glue dry and Greg helped me test the text messaging settings while I went through my phone to make sure everything works before I get out on the road.

    Everything's repacked and buttoned up and it doesn't look like anything important has fallen off so I'm heading out the door after I finish my sandwich. See y'all in Oklahoma/North Carolina!

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • dpotter58
    replied
    Originally posted by trbig
    Hmmmmmmm...... I wonder. lol
    wonder what? Wonder if they will have Cheerios???

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    Jeff...what about breakfasts?
    Breakfast is served every day. We will ask you to sign up the night before, so we know how much food to prepare. Forms are available at check-in.

    Hmmmmmmm...... I wonder. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Just talked to 3Phase on the phone, he's gonna try and meet up with trbig and I in Southeast OK.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    Jeff...what about breakfasts?
    You have to sign up for it the night before just like last year Ben.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    One bearing available in Montana, got it, installed and bike going on road for noon, On our way

    Ted

    Leave a comment:

Working...