XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • yamahansolo
    replied
    Yup... old Earl joined the site the same time I did in o7??? You can never have enough Earls...


    My bike is waiting for someone to get off their ass and polish it up... got to be looking good for the rally I can't wait!!!

    Are those crazies from Mexico coming? How bout Godzilla?

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    I know one of them.... I guess I am the new Earl. Looking forward meeting everyone at Ironhorse.

    Earl Haddock

    Leave a comment:


  • yamahansolo
    replied
    So now there are two earls...

    Leave a comment:


  • mlew
    replied
    I can hardly wait. I have new tires and brakes on the XS I'm ready to test out.

    Leave a comment:


  • DeanR
    replied
    Good pics Jeff. Wish I could get down there with you guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Those of you coming for the first time are in for a treat! I'm excited about it.

    The barbecue joint is good. They can handle the whole lot of us, the atmosphere is perfect, the food is excellent, and it is very inexpensive. I think that plate of ribs is less than $7. The Carolina Smokehouse

    We checked out some roads that most of us have never ridden. We have some serious technical stuff mixed with grand vistas! We'll ice it with a cruise on the BRP with photo ops.

    Jeff's bike has some ugly on it, but it goes like stink! Check out the chicken wire headlight bucket and the missing paint. Under the ugly is a Traxxion Dynamics suspension and a perfectly tuned 1100E. Good luck trying to chase him down!

    We're in for a great weekend! Don't forget to check out the tee shirt thread and the Facebook page.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Saturday Rally Route

    Took a test ride yesterday to finalize the Saturday Fall XS Rally route and restaurant. Met up with Brent and Marty then headed to North Carolina.


    Guess Brent thought that proposed route was a winner!


    our planned Saturday lunch stop in Cashiers NC


    Scrutinizing the Menu ...... and Marty knows his BBQ


    Lunch plate should satisfy the hunger till Dinner.


    Seal of Approval from Brent, need we say more!!!


    Photo Op with 3 XS11's (bring yours and join us here on Sept 29)


    well, Marty insisted on the pic. like me, my project bike is a bit ugly but got it running strong (unlike me).


    Nice scenic part of the ride after some demanding technical stuff


    putt-putt down the highway

    I thought "every curve" was dangerous if you couldn't get around it



    Expecting a Great Rally.... Ever seen a happier rider?? (great pants too)


    We are looking forward to seeing you on Sept 28th at the Iron Horse.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Harry snores out the OTHER end. They had to repaint the room we were in in Winona. When we went back the next year we were put in that same room so as not to cause more damage.

    Even the neighbors ran outside for a breath.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    space in tent

    Originally posted by trbig
    Brent... Harry said he might go. I left you a message on your phone a while ago. I'm sure he'd be happy to chip in on the tent costs if there's room. I need to call the hotel and see if/how much they'll rent out a pillow and bedding for. I'll be bringing an air mattress.

    I don't care what time tihe snoring competition starts. I've got ear plugs and don't care to be a judge..
    Tod,
    Good you are bringing an air mattress. The bigger one I got is just like the old one, except for a child 8" taller. Tent is big enough for 3 queen size mattresses or 10 kiddie pool floats.

    Plenty of room for Harry. I have extra child size surf rider float too.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    I had not been running the twisties for very long before attending this rally

    For someone who puts 25 miles a year on their bike, TC, you did just fine! lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • DeanR
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent
    Hwy 28, the "Hell Bender", No professional photographers, No LEOs, little traffic, twisty and Still posted at 55. As much fun as I can stand, with no chance of a speeding ticket in the many tight curves.
    That was about my favorite road when I was down there Brent. Wasn't interested in the dragon, totally skipped it as there are plenty of as good and safer choices.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Brent... Harry said he might go. I left you a message on your phone a while ago. I'm sure he'd be happy to chip in on the tent costs if there's room. I need to call the hotel and see if/how much they'll rent out a pillow and bedding for. I'll be bringing an air mattress.

    I don't care what time tihe snoring competition starts. I've got ear plugs and don't care to be a judge..

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent
    I just bought a BIG tent; a 3 room XL vacation lodge 11x20. Tod is planning to share it with me. There is room for 'some' more people. (advisory - snoring competition is scheduled to begin at 0100). I can haul tent on back seat of xs11, or fit it into top box on Buell, barely.

    I rode HWY 129 "tail of the dragon" Sunday afternoon almost 2 weeks ago. It was good. I agree that early would be better (before the 2 up cruisers come out.) There are now many paved pull off places. Many photographers etc. Tree of shame still loaded with broken bike parts, most not good enough for a Rat Bike, some marked RIP. A link to Deals Gap shows many pictures, maps, curve names, and fatality sights. Seems like over a dozen MC fatalities in that 11 mile stretch. Speed limit has been lowered, but still fun enough around tight curves with out earning a big "performance award".

    Hwy 28, the "Hell Bender", No professional photographers, No LEOs, little traffic, twisty and Still posted at 55. As much fun as I can stand, with no chance of a speeding ticket in the many tight curves. perhaps a ride report is in order.
    I HOPE you bought a bigger air mattress too Brent. I kinda felt sorry for you sleeping on that kiddie pool floatie last time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    Getting ready for the trip.

    I just bought a BIG tent; a 3 room XL vacation lodge 11x20. Tod is planning to share it with me. There is room for 'some' more people. (advisory - snoring competition is scheduled to begin at 0100). I can haul tent on back seat of xs11, or fit it into top box on Buell, barely.

    I rode HWY 129 "tail of the dragon" Sunday afternoon almost 2 weeks ago. It was good. I agree that early would be better (before the 2 up cruisers come out.) There are now many paved pull off places. Many photographers etc. Tree of shame still loaded with broken bike parts, most not good enough for a Rat Bike, some marked RIP. A link to Deals Gap shows many pictures, maps, curve names, and fatality sights. Seems like over a dozen MC fatalities in that 11 mile stretch. Speed limit has been lowered, but still fun enough around tight curves with out earning a big "performance award".

    Hwy 28, the "Hell Bender", No professional photographers, No LEOs, little traffic, twisty and Still posted at 55. As much fun as I can stand, with no chance of a speeding ticket in the many tight curves. perhaps a ride report is in order.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    The link worked fine TC. Thanks.

    Looks a little flatter than we are used to. I hope the traffic isn't as heavy when we get there. Can't wait to meet and ride with y'all. Ivan said he might come along too if he doesn't have any classes or tests then that he needs to be there for.

    Getting ready for the trip. I just ordered a new set of tires, got a new modular hemet last week. now I have to get out there and get my 2nd gear fixed. It started slipping a little when I'm HARD on it. I have a good set of gears I just gotta get them swapped out

    Leave a comment:

Working...