XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • newc4
    replied
    I'm riding down with my neighbor, Burr. We intend to depart DC Thu around7:00PM and overnight in Lexington. Think that'll leave about 400 miles to IH on Fri. We'll probably roll in around dinnertime.

    Finally get to see Brent and his mythical white XS.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by trbig
    So let me get this straight. We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, and leaving Monday morning, so is everyone eating there Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning? Yes, most will do this since it is so convenient especially the dinners. Breakfast for some is just coffee or just enough toast to not get hungry before lunch.

    Am I correct that most wanted to go find a different location for Sunday evening? Yes, I don't think I-H offers a Sunday night Dinner. Sounds like some are planning 30 minute ride over to Bryson City for Sun PM dinner.

    Also, I guess I'll make an order for Monday morning unless they want to leave out earlier than that. We can discuss that after we get there.

    Also, does the IH have a problem with me skipping their iced tea and bringing in a beer or three to wash down dinner with? (Or for Greg to wash down his breakfast..) lol. No, last year I was downing my food with Dewar's 12 on the rocks and using their ice.

    See you Friday night
    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Ok..............

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Greg,

    You'll be able to order your breakfasts when you show up on Friday.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by trbig
    So let me get this straight. We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, and leaving Monday morning, so is everyone eating there Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning? Am I correct that most wanted to go find a different location for Sunday evening? Also, I guess I'll make an order for Monday morning unless they want to leave out earlier than that. We can discuss that after we get there.

    Also, does the IH have a problem with me skipping their iced tea and bringing in a beer or three to wash down dinner with? (Or for Greg to wash down his breakfast..) lol.
    Tod,

    You have it right. Since Graham is a dry county, the Iron Horse has no liquor license to protect. Therefore, they will have no problem with you washing your dinner down with the adult beverage of your choice.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    You know I have a couple before breakfast and then have sweet tea with my bacon Tod.

    I don't see a breakfast menu in your post Jeff.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    So let me get this straight. We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, and leaving Monday morning, so is everyone eating there Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning? Am I correct that most wanted to go find a different location for Sunday evening? Also, I guess I'll make an order for Monday morning unless they want to leave out earlier than that. We can discuss that after we get there.

    Also, does the IH have a problem with me skipping their iced tea and bringing in a beer or three to wash down dinner with? (Or for Greg to wash down his breakfast..) lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Hi Ben I have copies already, I have the same problem. Will have to find a 10 year old to figure out the computer or do what you did and email them.
    Phil
    Phil...email them at...
    resv@ironhorsenc.com

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    got the email...but no printer to fax it and my computer wont download their files for some reason so I just emailed them my dinner options so i hope that'll work....Phil send me your email and I can forward this to you asap
    Hi Ben I have copies already, I have the same problem. Will have to find a 10 year old to figure out the computer or do what you did and email them.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    Hey Jeff,

    Thanks for the menu, they had asked me to just call them back, so I would think that they would ACCEPT an email with the order clearly written/documented in it!

    BNE, go to this website: www.openoffice.org and download the FREE suite for your operating system ie. winXP, and the install it. IT is a free office style suite that will open all of the Microsoft OFFICE type documents, Word, Excel, etc. Since 2010, OFFICE changed their file structure, so that they have an "X" at the end of their file name designator ie. document.docx .

    So if you have an earlier version of MS Office, 2007 or earlier, that's probably why it won't open. But if you don't have any OFFICE program, then that's also why you can't open it since they said it was an EXCEL document which is a spreadsheet type document. HTH!

    The weather forecasts so far are cloudy with only 20-30% rain chances, hopefully that will diminish as the weekend gets nearer!?

    T.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    got the email...but no printer to fax it and my computer wont download their files for some reason so I just emailed them my dinner options so i hope that'll work....Phil send me your email and I can forward this to you asap

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Iron Horse Dinner Menu's

    For those of you that have "Registered" at the Iron Horse you should have received an email today about this weekends Menu. Remember, if you have a Roommate you need to FORWARD the email to your roommate -or- Order for your Roommate on your I-H account. Two Things to Note: #1- there is NO Sunday Dinner available?? (I don't see it, but I'm blind) #2- Guess we order Breakfast the Evening Before if we want a more than Coffee

    Jeff


    Hello! We are looking forwarding to seeing you next (think they mean 'this') weekend.

    In order to make things a little easier we are sending you dinner tickets for your meal choices during your stay, dinner is served 6:30p-8:30p. Please take a moment to fill them out and email them back to us. This will expedite your check in and help us with meal planning. Breakfast meals are also available during your stay from 7:30a-9a, and menus will be available when you check in.

    We are also pleased to announce the addition of a Massage Therapist to the Ironhorse this year, please see attached for more information.

    Thank you & have a safe trip!

    Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge
    1755 Lower Stecoah Rd
    Robbinsville, NC 28771
    828-479-3864

    Directions for filling out form: Save Excel document to your computer, Fill out the Yellow highlighted Name fields & the quantities for what you would like to order, Close the document and save the changes, Reply to the original email message & Attach the Saved document
    Or Print the document, Fill out the yellow Name fields & the quantities of what you would like to order, Scan to your computer & email to us or you can Fax it to 828-479-4589



    Name: (Thurs) Sept 27
    Quantity / Price
    $8.95 Fried Chicken with choice of 2 sides

    $10.95 Fried Shrimp with choice of 2 sides

    Sides:
    Green Beans
    Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Sliced tomatoes
    $1.99 for Iced Tea/Coffee


    Name: (Fri) Sept 28
    Quantity / Price
    $9.50 BBQ Pork with choice of 2 sides

    $9.50 Hot Biker Chick breast w buffalo ranch sauce melted cheese & bacon w choice of 2 sides

    $9.95 Beef Brisket with choice of 2 sides

    Choose 2 Sides
    Baked Beans
    Baked Potato Casserole
    Coleslaw
    $1.99 for Ice Tea or coffee


    Name:
    (Sat) Sept 29
    Quantity / Price
    $15.95 8oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar & Baked Potato

    $18.95 12oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar, & Baked Potato

    $12.95 Salmon, Salad Bar & Baked Potato

    $7.95 Salad Bar & Baked Potato

    Potato Choice:
    $6.95 Salad Bar Only

    $1.99 for Ice Tea (Regular or Sweet) or coffee

    Choose (2) Sides

    See ya soon, Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    Just packing to leave, Wednesday and Thursday look like rain here in the North, so hope to get past it today

    Ted and Heather

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    Awards

    Originally posted by MPittma100
    With all this polishing going on...........are we having a bike show? What is first place prize?

    MP
    Bike show? not really. We do not park them for judging and observation. We go riding instead. After supper saturday night we voted on many categories. A "Hauley Award", orange & black, went to the bike trailered the shortest distance to the rally.

    Keep up with distance ridden to rally. Distance award.

    First place prize last year went to cagtegory "most ridden least washed". It is a riders rally. Prize was a micro fiber cloth, appropriately labeled.

    Might have a new award for bike made of parts from the most different models. ?Any suggestions for name of this award?

    Best bike went to a classic Honda gold wing that still ran well. It is a classic riders rally. New bikes can ride with us, but the classic bikes are revered.

    It was fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by motoman
    .......yea, but this thread is useless without a later pic to prove it........lol. Be safe out there Ben.
    Thanks Brant...ST is primed for takeoff...weather guessers say its gonna be pretty nice...we'll see. dont worry I'm sure there'll be alot of incriminating evidence...

    Leave a comment:

Working...