XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madmax-im
    replied
    Tod's TOD video

    Thanks Tod thats a great video...shows me exactly waht I wanted to know...sorry if i slowed you down...2 things i see that i definitely need to improve upon...one was not crowd the centerline on lefties and the other was that I was using waaaay too much brakes. I did notice that Jeff whom was ahead of me never once touched his brakes...in fact he kept his feet on the hwy pegs the whole way...so its all being in the right gear and pretty much just leaving it there...still I didnt do it too badly or so I think...I managed to keep it out of a ditch and off the Tree of Shame...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanR
    I see that Santa has returned since Memorial Day! (I didn't recognize Bruce at first at XS East)
    and he is just as jolly as ever too...

    Leave a comment:


  • DeanR
    replied
    I see that Santa has returned since Memorial Day! (I didn't recognize Bruce at first at XS East)

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Gary did an exellent job leading our group and made even the ride in the rain enjoyable. Both of y'all were a positive part of the whole experince.

    Thank you both.

    We counted heavily on Gary and Bruce making this whole thing work. Better late than never, giving credit where credit is due.

    Thanks guys!


    Gary on left

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Thanks Bruce! I hope that means everyone made it home in one piece.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    It was great to meet Gary and you (dad lol) thanks fon trying bto keep me mellowed out while I was fightin putting JW's rear wheel back on. I was kinda frustrated for several reasons other than that, that just was that last straw.

    Gary did an exellent job leading our group and made even the ride in the rain enjoyable. Both of y'all were a positive part of the whole experince.

    Thank you both.

    Leave a comment:


  • gerkenbruce
    replied
    All,s Cool

    Hi all

    First I would like Thank Marty and Jeff for hosting and all the work been there and done that

    Gary and I got home last night
    XSively
    Bruce[/B]

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    Reasons to hang off bike.

    Originally posted by BA80
    Yep, saw them all Brent. Hard to miss that white XS and the cigar.

    What's up with you and Jeff sliding you a$$es off the bikes in the curves?
    reasons:
    1. Shifting weight to inside of curve reduces amount of lean angle needed to round a curve at a given speed.

    2. I found butt stays cooler & more comfortable if in the wind from time to time.

    3. More free photos. Yes they will take more if it looks like you are about to fall off.

    4. Technique recomended by a track day riding instructor I heard at a BMW rally in FL

    5. I suspect Jeff learned this habbit at a young and fearless age; Likely while rapidly Canyon Carving with his fast buddies in the Sierras.

    or ??fun??

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by trbig
    Posted in the Ride Report forum.
    Thanks for both Taking and Posting all the great Video. We (I) really appreciate having the links so we can look at the rides.

    Sure was fun! Haven't wiped off the smile yet.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Posted in the Ride Report forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • bikerphil
    replied
    No problem Tod, I figured you'd want to rip it thru there while recording video, I didn't want to hold you up.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Thank you Phil. I hope I wasn't crowding you.

    Here's the last video.. 25 minutes long. Got rained on, but the lense will clear up.


    Leave a comment:


  • bikerphil
    replied
    Originally posted by trbig
    I start off behind someone else, but get waved by.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6LNjkSJb-Y
    You were following me in the beginning and I waved you by.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    OK... here I am following Ben. No really, I swear this time! And really, we're on the TOTD! lol. I start off behind someone else, but get waved by.






    And this is just another walk-by of the bikes at that highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway.






    I only have one more video to post after this one. Still working on pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent
    And I found JBweld putty with my tools, cut & needed a little for Mark Anthony's XS650 fuel tank repair. Picture shows him holding back a stream of gasoline with his finger. He asked "How long does this stuff take to set up?" answer "Longer than you want it to." He held it tight a long time until it set and held. His report after riding Dragon - Fixed, working...no fuel leak

    Nice if your saddle bag is like a majic hat...Just reach in and pull out what ever you need
    Just one more reason why you're the #1 wing man..I recall when my muffler fell off at the VT XSEast rally and you had everything i needed to get it back together...without you and your "stuff" alot of us would be up a creek without a paddle.

    Leave a comment:

Working...