XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I realize I may not be a trusted source, but I've witnessed this with my own eyes.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Is it Photoshop?

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I've seen you on the Buell and the Harley, have yet to see the XS other than in pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • newc4
    replied
    [QUOTE=Brent;390303]Been getting my 80 XS1100SG ready. It needed some deferred maintenance performed. I could bring another bike. Darrel, You are coming. Right?
    I would hate for Darrel to miss seeing it and proceed to impeach me as VP. (Been seeing him at rallys for 10 years, but when I bring my XS he is not at that rally)
    [QUOTE]

    I'll be there. You could just be borrowing the XS.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The Iron Horse is full. Several are at the Tuskeegee Motel. A few checked in staying at the Kickstand Lodge, and one called me saying he was at the Two Wheel Inn. Potentially, our group is big.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    How Many?

    Does anyone know how many of us are a) going to the rally and b) how many are staying at the Iron Horse?

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Leave it dirty so ours won't look so bad when we get there...........

    Leave a comment:


  • yamahansolo
    replied
    Didn't know for sure I hadn't seen them post. I thought they may be down here somewhere riding around. I hope I can get mine all polished up before the trip its a little dirty

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    I believe only one of those two you speak of is Mexican. The other is from downstate.
    OFC they're coming Chris...they have the room right across from me...that is if I make it ...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by yamahansolo
    The two people from Mexico... newyork that is...
    I believe only one of those two you speak of is Mexican. The other is from downstate.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    One week to go!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Y'all are making me feel bad as we get closer as there are so many things still to do before I leave. Had planned to work on it after getting home tomorrow, but my friend is going in for some major surgery in the morning so I am delaying my departure til Sunday.

    I am gonna just do an oil change Sunday night, top off MD & FD, mount my windshield and pack.
    It will be fine.


    It will be fine.


    It will be fine.

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    getting bike ready

    Been getting my 80 XS1100SG ready. It needed some deferred maintenance performed. I could bring another bike. Darrel, You are coming. Right?
    I would hate for Darrel to miss seeing it and proceed to impeach me as VP. (Been seeing him at rallys for 10 years, but when I bring my XS he is not at that rally)

    Greased stearing head bearings. That Fixed head shake. Dragon Tamer Gary told me how by leaving wheel, forks etc. on. Smooth, like a different bike.
    new front tire (it has scale designs on sidewall) TC you should see this.
    new front brakes (only one side worn out??) Brakes dragging. cleaned caliper, installed Stainless brake lines disassembled & cleaned rear master cylinder

    installed V-max & warrior parts; not for speed - russell brake lines
    Changed fork oil. adusted air shocks, front & rear. Checked final drive, topped up middledrive, lubed throttle & clutch cables. Greased drive shaft (25 squirts 25cc) Lubed brake pedal, kickstand & center stand. lubed foot pegs & highway pegs. lubed U-joint

    maybe tomarrow - clean & oil air filter. lube speedo cable Clean & polish (I never should have parked next to Bohn)

    Looking forward to it. Iron Horse in about a week.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfoot
    Yeah, what was i thinking that a thirty pack would be enough for us three. Next time i will be better prepared. And i really didn't feel that bad considering.
    I don't know why. You REALLY don't drink that much.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bigfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Your just embarrassed because when I showed up at your place a couple weeks ago you had to go back to the store for more beer and you and James had hangovers the next morning.

    You were pretty green at breakfast.
    Yeah, what was i thinking that a thirty pack would be enough for us three. Next time i will be better prepared. And i really didn't feel that bad considering.

    Leave a comment:

Working...