XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jwhughes3
    replied
    4 beers ain't enough Greg

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Actually, I can get 2 pretty comfortably on the rear seat and 1 in each saddle bag.

    Bob's right.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Looks like Greg is going to find out how comfortable a 30-pack is for a backrest. I still like Bob Falter's quote... "If a bag won't hold at least a 30-pack, it ain't worth a $*it!" lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    A DRY COUNTY!!!!!!???? Who planned this thing anyway?

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by mastan
    I just noticed that this place is located in a dry county. How far do you have to travel to get beer? I've got my priorites right.
    Mark
    Mark,

    Bryson City is the closest place to buy adult beverages. It's not a terribly long drive, but not exactly convenient. Google Maps will give you the details. Bring whisky. It packs smaller.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    I am sure you will pass store along the way...just bring some emergency "fuel" for your alcohol camp stove.

    Leave a comment:


  • mastan
    replied
    I just noticed that this place is located in a dry county. How far do you have to travel to get beer? I've got my priorites right.
    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Hell, you say I pack too much stuff Tod but a lot of it is stuff I may or may not need but it makes a damn good backrest going down the highway.

    Just sayin'.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    I am using this trip to plan for next summer's three week epic journey. So I am wanting to try out packing skills.

    But to answer your question, yes it would be easier, but where is the fun in doing it the easy way?

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Man, that's a long way to haul a tent and bedding. Wouldn't it be easier to just use their stuff?

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    I'm bringing a tent.

    No spooning.

    And no forking either!

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    ummm sumthin tells me i should bring my tent... and i think I'll sleep with the hearing aid in...maybe that will keep the Oklahomos at bay...

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Like I said, I don't have any problem camping. I got my air mattress, that'll keep me up off the ground.

    Are you bringing a tent John or are you planning on using a house tent there?

    Tod'll be spooning with either Brent or Ben so I guess I'm all yours.








    No homo

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Ok, it's comfirmed at work. I have 9/27-10/2 off.

    No vacation pay at this job until next year so I'm gonna be one cheap azz okie on this trip.
    Guess my tent site is looking better all the time huh?

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Ok, it's comfirmed at work. I have 9/27-10/2 off.

    No vacation pay at this job until next year so I'm gonna be one cheap azz okie on this trip.

    Leave a comment:

Working...