It gets too bad... Ben will have someone else in his bed whether he likes it or not! lol. He said he just has to pull his hearing aids and he doesn't notice anything.... like a cold arm over him and spooning for warmth? Hey... they did it in Wild Hogs!! lol.
Deliverance was apparently filled in the Carolinas... so it's not gay until you hear banjo music, right?
XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012
Collapse
X
-
Please...when you come to Appalachia with intent to camp, be sure your tent is rain tested. If you're out sleeping on the ground in a leaky tent, Murphy's law says it's going to rain and it's going to rain hard. To be sure, it's likely that there will be thunderstorms, but whether they drop on you depends upon the integrity of your tent. We've had folks camping at this rally from the beginning, myself included. Don't let a leaky tent ruin your weekend. A good one is not necessarily espensive.Leave a comment:
-
Mine is like the middle one. It has that extra canopy so it's double layered if need be or you can leave it off. A queen size air matress fits with room on the edges.Leave a comment:
-
A good tent looks like:

or

or

It needs a good rain fly, and you have to seal the seams.Leave a comment:
-
The one I have has an extra umbrella piece that you can put on over the external frame if it's needed. I've never had to use it though.Leave a comment:
-
I've probably had 15-20 tents over the years, and unless I made a lean-to or such over them with a tarp, anything over a slight mist, and you're waking up wet with wet stuff. I had a new tent when I rode to Maryland with Ivan to Dpotter's place. It stormed like crazy that night and I think there was more water inside the tent on the floor than outside on the ground. His was getting that way too until he moved the tent into Potter's garage. I finally went in and laid down on his couch... closer to those effin' Cherios.Leave a comment:
-
What, a body condom?
I've camped in those tents all over, as long as your not in a low spot it's all good.Leave a comment:
-
Alright that works because I still need to hear from MaximPhil as he is tryin to work it out but not yet committed...Ben, I just talked with Brent, and I am planning on rooming with him in a tent. I did call the lodge and there's still one single room left with a queen bed. Also, the tents they have are just the cheap nylon wally-world style tents which I've found to be about as rain-proof as a screen door. Checking on a couple options with that.
One more vista shot...
Last edited by madmax-im; 07-25-2012, 03:06 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Ben, I just talked with Brent, and I am planning on rooming with him in a tent. I did call the lodge and there's still one single room left with a queen bed. Also, the tents they have are just the cheap nylon wally-world style tents which I've found to be about as rain-proof as a screen door. Checking on a couple options with that.Leave a comment:
-
Camping.....
As was mentioned...if you're planning to camp and you dont want to bring anything 'cept your sleeping bag...the folks at Iron Horse will setup the tent for you...just about as hassle free as it gets and yes they have some nice showers for he campers and people in the bunkhouse...last year I was in the bunkhouse and used the 'public showers...they were quite decent and the setup is pretty nice too.
BTW it'll be mighty fine to have the Midwestern boys here at this rally...as i was trying to tempt y'all last year...great roads...folks and food. Dont get much better than that.Last edited by madmax-im; 07-25-2012, 01:58 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Camping
Pretty sure the folks @ Iron Horse wont set anyone up in a tent that wasnt waterproof...all the tent sites are very neat...but be advised that at this time of year it will be getting rather chilly at night and in the mornings...also riding around during the day we will be changing elevations and temps will coincide with those changes...Brent said there were no vistas views but he forgot the Cherohala Skyway which unlike Tail of The Dragon is a mountain ridge running road and will get to over 5000 ft...so its possible you might be a little cold if you're not prepared... and theres plenty of scenic places to stop and take it all in...
Heres one scenic overlook off the Cherohala...
Last edited by madmax-im; 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I still have an empty bed in my room...I am not sure what size it is but there are 2 beds...so whom ever is first to actually claim it is welcome to share the space...the room shares a bathroom with an adjoining room across the hall ...IDK I've not seen this set up but i know Gary and Bruce are on the other side...and Tod is quite correct...once i pull the the hearing aid(s) out I'm dead to the world...and if 3rd person wants to sleep on the floor its okay with me...I've not seen these accomodations so I cant say how much room there is. But another guy in my bed aint happenin'...

Some rooms have a single queen.
Leave a comment:



Leave a comment: