XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    Hey Tod, Greg, and the others from out west,

    Upon Marty's urgings, I editted and uploaded a video clip I made from the 2003 Ga. Rally, it's on YouTube, I posted it in the Facebook XS Southeast group, but I'll post the link here as well.

    **Was OLD VIDEO YOUTUBE LINK** I went back to Youtube and went thru the verification process and am uploading it again, it should be available at this link:



    It's 19 minutes long, a description is on the clip, but not sure if it will show that or just the clip. The 1st 3 minutes of the clip is just the ride from the Dam up to the entrance to the Gap run, you'll see the gas station and bikes on the right side as we pass by. It was late in the afternoon, so the sun is in our faces a bit. I had an old Super8 camcorder attached to a bracket on my handlebars(GodzillaCam), mounted behind my windscreen which actually allowed it to capture the engine sounds and such fairly well vs. just a bunch of wind noise. The YouTube conversion causes the audio to sound a bit funny, but it's still tolerable, along with the MUSIC soundtrack I put behind it as well. I had not been running the twisties for very long before attending this rally, and I was already a bit tired from several hours of riding before we got there, so my handling was not as smooth and precise as it could have been. Anyways, enough excuses, hope you enjoy it, and that it gives you an idea of the caliber of the roads in that area!

    T.C.

    Well SHIITE!!!!!!! I just tried the link, and it says it's been removed because it's too long....and this was after I clicked on a link they had for uploading videos longer than 15 minutes, had to put in my cell phone #, they sent me a text message with a 6 digit code # that I entered to verify that the account was under MY control to allow uploading the longer video, and then they removed it!!??

    It's LATE...2 am, I'm going to bed, I'll try again tomorrow, will have to cut the clip in 2 parts to fit their criteria!!! Bastards!!

    PSS, if it doesn't work, I don't know what's going on!? I'm going to bed!

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Hi Jetmechmarty,
    Well the secret is out now.People are coming from far and near Looking forward to it.
    Phil
    After last years rally I was trying to get some of the midwestern boys interested in this ride and rally...so I am glad to see them attending

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Red
    Looks like I will be in the bunkhouse, made reservation for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. I hope you guys will let my ride with you if I am on a Yamaha Venture. I just sold my son-in-law my best xs11. It is a 1980 with 19,500 miles on it, but it has had a hard life. It set up for years????? I hope we can get it road ready by rally time and he can come to the rally too.

    Earl
    No matter what you are riding you are welcome to ride along....hope your son can make it on the XS too. There will be plenty of non vintage bikes as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    Looks like I will be in the bunkhouse, made reservation for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. I hope you guys will let my ride with you if I am on a Yamaha Venture. I just sold my son-in-law my best xs11. It is a 1980 with 19,500 miles on it, but it has had a hard life. It set up for years????? I hope we can get it road ready by rally time and he can come to the rally too.

    Earl

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi Jetmechmarty,
    Well the secret is out now.People are coming from far and near Looking forward to it.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Red
    Hi, I am new to the site. I plan to attend the rally and looking forward to meeting the group. The Iron Horse is a nice place and all the surrounding roads are great rides. I plan to stay in the bunk house.

    Earl
    Hi Earl,

    We've had very few folks come to this only once. I look forward to seeing you at the Iron Horse.

    See also:

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Wecome Earl. It'll be great to meet you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    Hi, I am new to the site. I plan to attend the rally and looking forward to meeting the group. The Iron Horse is a nice place and all the surrounding roads are great rides. I plan to stay in the bunk house.

    Earl

    Leave a comment:


  • mastan
    replied
    Originally posted by newc4
    Unless, of course, its the girl in white - Stroudsberg XSEast.
    Well, yeah there was that. She was the rowdy one though. We were innocent victims.

    Leave a comment:


  • newc4
    replied
    Originally posted by mastan
    It's never been an issue at any of the rallies I've been to. I like to have a cold one after a long ride is all. I just wanted to make everyone aware and to make sure everyone knew to plan accordingly. I didn't want to make a big brewhaha over it.
    Mark
    Unless, of course, its the girl in white - Stroudsberg XSEast.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    I have approval in principal for the time off. So BNE can heave a sigh of relief
    Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting the guys from the West.
    Phil
    Great news Phil...looking forward to to seeing everyone....BNE

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    I already told you I was coming...you needed a wide angle from that moment on...

    John and I will have to be on different sides of the shot to keep the pic from leaning...

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    I already told you I was coming...you needed a wide angle from that moment on...

    Phil - whats BNE?

    John
    Hi John,
    Not what but Who: BNE = MadMaxim
    and I am sharing a room with him
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    We might need a wide angle lens for a group picture!

    I already told you I was coming...you needed a wide angle from that moment on...

    Phil - whats BNE?

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    I have approval in principal for the time off. So BNE can heave a sigh of relief
    Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting the guys from the West.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:

Working...