XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by Huron52
    Playing with the idea of dropping in.... I will be sort of in the area.

    Just curious here.... if I showed up with a tent would there be room at Ironhorse? Is there a lot of camping spots?
    Hi Tom,
    Plenty of camping room. Brent has a giant tent and may still have a vacancy which would save carting a tent. The lodge also rents tents economical for two if Pam is riding shotgun
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    We'll make room. C'mon down.

    Leave a comment:


  • Huron52
    replied
    Playing with the idea of dropping in.... I will be sort of in the area.

    Just curious here.... if I showed up with a tent would there be room at Ironhorse? Is there a lot of camping spots?

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    No I added two additional days off to make sure I had time to ride it.

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    I'm not cheating...I'm riding

    John
    I thought you were gonna trailer to Little Rock.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi John,
    I bet you will like the sheep skin. I always use mine for longer rides.
    Phil

    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    I would be meeting Greg, Tod and Harry in Little Rock to caravan rest of the way to Memphis, then on to NC Friday. Their mileage will be close, and Harry's may be more. Hard to tell from the map.

    Got me a sheepskin piece to try out...heard good things. I was in San Diego and the Superlamb Seatcovers shop there by Miramar has been there 33 years. I remembered seeing it when I used to be stationed there. I talked to the owner lady, supernice, she keeps remnant pieces for motorcyclists for $10. My "remnant" is like a small rug maybe 18" x 30"

    Toughest part was fitting it in my suitcase for todays flight home
    John

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    He's cheating. I don't blame him though.
    I'm not cheating...I'm riding

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Looks kinda like the southeast Brent Rally.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    If you're curious about what folks are riding, photos are posted on the FB page from 2002 on. Even before it was an XS11 rally, it was dominated by the XS11. That's why it's ours now.

    XS Southeast. 237 followers · 5 talking about this. Vintage Yamaha Rally is held Fri-Sat-Sun weekend late Sept as the leaves begin to turn. Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge 1755 Lower Stecoah Road,...

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    I would be meeting Greg, Tod and Harry in Little Rock to caravan rest of the way to Memphis, then on to NC Friday. Their mileage will be close, and Harry's may be more. Hard to tell from the map.

    Got me a sheepskin piece to try out...heard good things. I was in San Diego and the Superlamb Seatcovers shop there by Miramar has been there 33 years. I remembered seeing it when I used to be stationed there. I talked to the owner lady, supernice, she keeps remnant pieces for motorcyclists for $10. My "remnant" is like a small rug maybe 18" x 30"

    Toughest part was fitting it in my suitcase for todays flight home
    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    He's cheating. I don't blame him though.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    1,179 miles San Antonio, TX to Stecoah, NC

    Who is coming farther? I know SOMEBODY is gonna beat me

    Looking forward to it too....hope to finish paint on Great Ranger's new luggage this weekend and start putting finishing touches on final maintenance.

    John
    great ride John...I could do that in close to 24 hrs nonstop on my ST...luckily though this is in my backyard only 400 some odd miles away...
    Wheels Though Time is indeed a fascinating place to spend an entire day...but we're coming to ride and ride we shall...

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Long Ride

    Well John, that is a heck of a long way to go on two wheels (or any other wheels) for sure. Good luck and ride safely. My distance is relatively short-around 3 hours. See you there.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    1,179 miles San Antonio, TX to Stecoah, NC

    Who is coming farther? I know SOMEBODY is gonna beat me

    Looking forward to it too....hope to finish paint on Great Ranger's new luggage this weekend and start putting finishing touches on final maintenance.

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    2012 Iron Horse Rally

    Thank you all for your welcoming comments. I am really looking forward to this rally. I am very impressed that so many people are coming from so far away. It is truly great scenery in the mountains of GA, NC, and TN.

    Last time I was there, we went to Maggie Valley and toured the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum. It was very interesting. They have all and anything to do with M/C history going well back into the early 1900s and further. There is much to see. You could spend an entire day there and maybe see everything.

    Take the virtual tour here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2S-4deM5t8 or http://wheelsthroughtime.com/. Located about an hour or so from the Iron Horse.

    Recently the owner, Dale Walksler, has been on American Pickers and Chasing Classic Cars TV series.

    See You Soon, MP

    Leave a comment:

Working...