XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mlew
    replied
    I'm planning on trailering mine up there Ben. I can save you a space for yours if you need. So far plans are to leave Friday and come back Monday. I like a evening to rest before a drive home.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuda 69
    Hey Jeff,I don't own a trailer either(yet) but I talked to a friend who runs a u-haul,and he said it's only $20. a day for a trailer with a ramp,that's local,but he said,just don't tell them your going out of town,they have no idea where your taking it.
    I am planning to haul my XJ out there this year rather than ride it. I have used the 5'x9' ramp trailer before and it works really well....with the XJ its great for rally rides but doing any serious long distance on it ...it just is not comfortable for me to ride it that far anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cuda 69
    replied
    Hey Jeff,I don't own a trailer either(yet) but I talked to a friend who runs a u-haul,and he said it's only $20. a day for a trailer with a ramp,that's local,but he said,just don't tell them your going out of town,they have no idea where your taking it.

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    Originally posted by earl G
    iron horse has a ramp to unload from your pick-up.
    That is very good to know earl thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    I have a spot in my room for a roomie...deluxe accomodations...bunk house was ok(last yr) but this will be better....

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    Originally posted by jjz28
    I need to find a trailer first though. I could haul it in truck but may have a hard time finding a place to unload. Well, cant wait to meet you guys.
    iron horse has a ramp to unload from your pick-up.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    I am debating the bunk house versus the pre-pitched tent otherwise just sling the tent on the back and have an erection party
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    We love to camp
    That's great, because there are likely few other options on the property by now. When I was there last month, only one private room remained for our weekend. There are nearby options for those making a late decision. It's shaping up to be a good turnout. I'm looking forward to seeing new faces this year!

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    Me and my wife have decided to come to this. I cant wait to meet you guys. My wife doesnt ride much either so maybe she can meet some of your wives and hang out. I am sure we will be camping instead of a room. We love to camp and i love to ride so its the best of both worlds for me. I will be trailering my bike also. I need to find a trailer first though. I could haul it in truck but may have a hard time finding a place to unload. Well, cant wait to meet you guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cuda 69
    replied
    yea,we've got to trailer or put the bike on my F-250,wife doesn't want to ride it all the way down from N.Y. gotta keep them smiling or I won't be.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny Crawdad
    replied
    I don't really like mine to ride . Bike runs better without her, I say. Though, not to her face. We'll be there, although she'll be rocking a decidedly non-vintage Japanese car rather than motorcycle.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cuda 69
    replied
    Danny,bring your wife,then maybe my wife won't want to ride. My wife doesn't like to ride that much.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The camping is great. If needed, they can set you up with tent & all the goodies. By all means, bring your Mrs. We need more of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny Crawdad
    replied
    How's the camping there? My wife doesn't ride but loves to camp, and found the Iron Horse lodge a few months ago, she would probably kill me if I went without her

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    tee shirt

    If we put together a tee shirt, watch for a new thread with "tee shirt" in the title in this forum. I'd rather not get that going in this thread.

    Leave a comment:

Working...