XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    As I recall, you will pay for everything when you check out on Sunday or Monday. You'll probably pick your dinners before you leave home, via. email .

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Food

    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    So what meals do you think we need to reserve at the lodge?

    Friday night, Saturday morning and evening, Sunday morning and evening, Monday breakfast?

    I cant imagine being back in time for dinner as long as the rides seem.

    John
    We will definitely be back to the Iron Horse both Saturday evening and Sunday evening before dinner time (guess some folks call that Supper in the midwest). Planning 5:45pm return, maybe 6pm so we can socialize a bit, have a few soda-pops and get ready for dinner. I-H is not a full restaurant so they put up orders at 3-4 a time and you go pickup your food. I-H does request that if you want food that you fill out your order the day before so they can make sure they get all the necessary groceries to make the meals. They normally have a Meal Ticket pad where you write your name and select what you want. Then at that meal they call your name and you go get the ticket, pay and get your food. We plan the ride so we don't mess up happy hour, dinner and the evening bs sessions.

    As for breakfast, some just get coffee while others get something a bit more filling.


    fyi: sunrise is approx 07:30 and sunset 19:15

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    For sure, you want dinner at the lodge on Friday and Saturday night. You'll want breakfast at the lodge on Saturday and Sunday morning. Quite frankly, there's a diner a couple miles away that has a better breakfast, and I expect to do that on Monday morning. I may also explore other options for Sunday night. Our group will be a little smaller. Bryson City is a 30 min ride.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    So what meals do you think we need to reserve at the lodge?

    Friday night, Saturday morning and evening, Sunday morning and evening, Monday breakfast?

    I cant imagine being back in time for dinner as long as the rides seem.

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The three times I've stayed at the Iron Horse, they've offered a prime rib dinner on Saturday night. If you are already have your room, bed, camping spot, reserved, they will contact you before you leave home about your menu choices. Meal prices are very reasonable for their guests.

    B'fast, lunch, and dinner are fellowship times for our group. The lodge will supply us with a fire to sit around in the evening, or it will be in the lodge fireplace if the weather is bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    What meals?

    John
    if you plan to eat at the lodge you just sign up a day before to give them a head count. Their meals were good but if you have a salt restricted diet...then you might want to consider something else...problem is that nothing else is close by...plus most of us will be eating our meals(breakfast and dinner) there

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    What meals?

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Huron52
    Well that's just it.... It is still up in the air if I'll show up or not.

    I think someone said the Brent has a lot of room in his tent????
    Just give them a day or two. Meals must be ordered in advance. I suppose it keeps their prices down.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    SE Rally Rides

    In case you are interested, here is what we are planning for the Saturday Sept 29 and Sunday Sept 30 Rides. On Saturday we need to leave IronHorse at 9:05am. Sunday by 9:45am would be good since some in the group will be checking out to start home.

    Also, if you can't attend the entire Rally just plan to meet us for lunch either day.

    Saturday: 215 Miles / 9 hour Loop (orange highlight)
    Lunch in Cashiers at the Carolina Smokehouse



    Sunday: 170 Miles + whatever else we have time to ride
    Lunch in Tellico Plains at Cotton Pickin' Inn



    After stop a Deals Gap we will ride the Dragon then head to Tellico Plains for a run across the Cherohala Skyway


    PM jetmechmarty or myself JeffH if you have rally questions.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Bring along a piece of that rug for the old guy.
    I will go back next month and get more before the trip.

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • Huron52
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Tom,

    You may want to contact the Iron Horse and tell them you're coming.
    Well that's just it.... It is still up in the air if I'll show up or not.

    I think someone said the Brent has a lot of room in his tent????

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by Huron52
    Pam is not heading south with me this time. There is a FJR rally in Hendersonville NC the weekend before this rally so I may stay down in the area and just ride. I do have to be home October 1st so I would be leaving early sunday morning.(September 30th)
    Hi Tom,
    Will be good to see you even if only for 1/2 the rally
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    Got me a sheepskin piece to try out...heard good things. I was in San Diego and the Superlamb Seatcovers shop there by Miramar has been there 33 years. I remembered seeing it when I used to be stationed there. I talked to the owner lady, supernice, she keeps remnant pieces for motorcyclists for $10. My "remnant" is like a small rug maybe 18" x 30"John
    Bring along a piece of that rug for the old guy.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Tom,

    I'm sure there's plenty of camping room. You may want to contact the Iron Horse and tell them you're coming. It will be great to have you there! Don't forget to order a shirt!
    XS Southeast shirt thread

    Leave a comment:


  • Huron52
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Hi Tom,
    Plenty of camping room. Brent has a giant tent and may still have a vacancy which would save carting a tent. The lodge also rents tents economical for two if Pam is riding shotgun
    Phil
    Pam is not heading south with me this time. There is a FJR rally in Hendersonville NC the weekend before this rally so I may stay down in the area and just ride. I do have to be home October 1st so I would be leaving early sunday morning.(September 30th)

    Leave a comment:

Working...