XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    I was originally going to be staying at another location for the Rally (my first one) this year. But that has changed, and I have a room now at the Iron Horse. Bringing my brother along. He has one of those Bavarian bikes. (hope that's ok).

    Anyway, looking forward to seeing in person all of you who are attending.

    MP
    HiMPittma100,
    For a number of years this rally has been led by an Aprillia with a Suzuki sweep with Hondas a Buell , Harleys and Kawasakis in the mix along with various Yamahas including XS11.
    Back in acient times when it was the Vintage Japanese..... one was required to: 1 Have a Vinatge Japanese motorcycle
    2 Previously had a Vintage Japanes motorcycle
    or 3 Wanted to have a Vintage Japanese motorcycle..
    So Yes he will be welcome on what ever he chooses to ride.
    See you there on my Vintage XS11. My brother rode a BMW too but not to this rally
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    I was originally going to be staying at another location for the Rally (my first one) this year. But that has changed, and I have a room now at the Iron Horse. Bringing my brother along. He has one of those Bavarian bikes. (hope that's ok).

    Anyway, looking forward to seeing in person all of you who are attending.

    MP
    all bikes and riders are welcome...this isnt an exclusively Yamaha XS11 event...alot of former XS11 owners ride thier modern sport tourers like me...

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    I think you will like staying at that Iron Horse. It is a great place to just hang out at. The last time I was there one day was a total rain out, but we had a good time watching movies, playing pool and talking bikes.

    Earl H

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    New to the Rally

    I was originally going to be staying at another location for the Rally (my first one) this year. But that has changed, and I have a room now at the Iron Horse. Bringing my brother along. He has one of those Bavarian bikes. (hope that's ok).

    Anyway, looking forward to seeing in person all of you who are attending.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    getting anxious myself...currently my ST is down for some brake work...got a whole month to get her up and runnin' tho...

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    Just a little over a month and Iron Horse here we come!!!

    Earl H

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Heck, Don... We'll even point out all the guardrails for you to miss!

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Buy her a ring or something.

    If your bike breaks you don't think there are enough of us the to screw it up worse?

    C'mon down Don. Summer is about over.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by DGXSER
    Man, If I did not have the threat of ending up in divorce court, that is starting to look like a great ride you got put together there. I even got all my issues figured out on the bike for now. So that means if I plan to come, the next one will pop up about three miles from the gathering point.
    As far as the court date goes, please bring her. I'm bringing mine. She actually wants to come! We have a great time at the lodge, and everywhere else we go.

    The bike is ALWAYS going to have issues. It's old. You'll have a hard time finding a gathering of more XS knowledge. If your bike gets sick, the doctor is in!

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Tod may need a grazing point, but by Sunday afternoon, it will be many many miles from NC.

    Leave a comment:


  • DGXSER
    replied
    Man, If I did not have the threat of ending up in divorce court, that is starting to look like a great ride you got put together there. I even got all my issues figured out on the bike for now. So that means if I plan to come, the next one will pop up about three miles from the gathering point.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    No buffet, but I had a very good grilled bologna sandwich. The menu is on the website in my previous post. Here are some cell phone photos from the lunch stop at Tellico Plains, TN.

    On the Tellico Plains square, that's Mike Farrington, his bike behind mine.
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Joe LaFrance and his beautiful "G".
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Joe's bike again.
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Joe & Brent outside the Cotton Pickin Inn
    [IMG][/IMG]

    There was a big chopper in the dining room. I think the place is biker friendly.
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Brent has something very shiny for me.
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Just a taste. Jeff will have better ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    They got a buffet? Tod will need something to graze on.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    We discovered our lunch stop for the Sunday ride today. I like it!



    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    you better get that bike ready this ride wiil be here soon

    Leave a comment:

Working...