No announcement yet.

2019 Colorado Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe.... Just maybe, I'd really like to make it to this one! If I manage to convince SWMBO, I'd be camping. I felt weird coming on a Goldwing, but if both Russ and Harry are on FJRs, I guess anything goes! I'll get back to you on confirmation of attendance, but I'm really gonna try for this one! Haven't been on a real MC trip since the Pike's Peak trip in 2016!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Marshall, it would be awesome to have you again at the rally. It’s about the people and the riding as we all have acknowledged at this point! Bike brand or model is not even on the top ten list anymore...

What year/size GoldWing? JeffH has been rocking one the past two years and running the wheels off most of us at will. Bohn’s buddy John had a GoldWing last summer as well, and rode it hard and smooth with Bohn out from KC. Bohn had his R1200GS, Scott on his 2018 117 ci Harley, Jerry on his C10 Concours, Roo on his VTX1800, I have been on the ZRX1200, Harry and Russ on FJR’s. Joe, Sid and Mike were the XS1100 stalwarts.

Harry’s brother-in-law who was at the Kremmling Rally is coming back, riding a 1980’s 750 Magna (maybe a 700 model?), Greg is riding out on Old Okie (XS1100) and hopefully Bob is back on his C14 Concours again. Working on CaptonZap to come again, and maybe another riding friend from around my area. Maybe MaximPhil making the trek?

Looks to be a good one again this summer.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

My 'wing is a 2010 GL1800, without the navigation stuff. I've gone Darkside, and put a run-flat car tire on the back. Added a CB radio to it, as well as Bluetooth, so I can use WAZE from my phone for the navigation stuff (and to watch for speed traps & traffic) and music in my wired helmet.

Looking forward to my first real MC trip on the 'wing! Still not 100% sure on being able to make it, but chances are really good.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

As a most famous movie line once said:

“...so you’re telling me there’s a chance...”

Hope it works out!
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            Marshall, it would be awesome to have you again at the rally. It’s about the people and the riding as we all have acknowledged at this point! Bike brand or model is not even on the top ten list anymore...

What year/size GoldWing? JeffH has been rocking one the past two years and running the wheels off most of us at will. Bohn’s buddy John had a GoldWing last summer as well, and rode it hard and smooth with Bohn out from KC. Bohn had his R1200GS, Scott on his 2018 117 ci Harley, Jerry on his C10 Concours, Roo on his VTX1800, I have been on the ZRX1200, Harry and Russ on FJR’s. Joe, Sid and Mike were the XS1100 stalwarts.

Harry’s brother-in-law who was at the Kremmling Rally is coming back, riding a 1980’s 750 Magna (maybe a 700 model?), Greg is riding out on Old Okie (XS1100) and hopefully Bob is back on his C14 Concours again. Working on CaptonZap to come again, and maybe another riding friend from around my area. Maybe MaximPhil making the trek?

Looks to be a good one again this summer.
            Hi Bonz,
            Less likely but still a chance I can pull it together. I have the time it's the money or rather lack of that is the problem. Getting across 5 states to get there is a big hurdle.
            I would be on the C10 not the XS.

Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I understand that very much. Anything any of us can do to help like the members to stay with overnight? Happy to put you up in Palmer Lake at our house for a night and we can ride out to the rally on Thursday the 11th.
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                I understand that very much. Anything any of us can do to help like the members to stay with overnight? Happy to put you up in Palmer Lake at our house for a night and we can ride out to the rally on Thursday the 11th.
                Hi Bonz,
                Thanks for the offer. if only I had been better organized earlier.
                I do have a commitment at home for the 7th and at 3000 km a real rush to get there. Once there i would want to see a little more than just the rally and then return via some Northern states which makes for quite some time on the road.
                The exchange rate over 35% does not help stretch the $$'s either

You know I want to

Phil
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Dang, that exchange rate is as high as I can remember it being.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hey fellas! Getting closer... what else can I say? Most everyone that has announced their intentions to attend has been there and done that with the Colorado rallies since 2014. Don’t know anything else to post up in terms of preparedness and road gear.

The first week of June, I will post up the T-shirt information and start taking orders and payment on those. Expect similar cost to last year.

Plan on a $20 entrance fee during summer months for a motorcycle to Mesa Verde, the ancient ruins and dwellings National Park. Here’s the Mesa Verde website: https://www.nps.gov/meve/index.htm

Here’s the list of names I know of for attendees (listed first) and potential attendees:
                    Mike, Roo, EagleTom, friend named Steve all coming from Cali.
                    JeffH
                    Jerry Fields
                    Joe (rdmcguy)
                    Harry, Russ and Mike from Mizzou
                    myself
                    Greg (BA80)

Scott (3Phase), Jerry (CaptonZap) MaximPhil, Bob (XJOK2PLAY), Marshall (CatatonicBug), Sid (Skids) hoping to hear officially from them.
                    Motoman and Motowoman still thinking about it, hope you guys come!
                    Sent a PM to Ty (tcoop) if anyone has a contact with him besides the forum give him a shout.
                    Sent a text to John (JWHughes) as well, anyone that has a better contact please try and touch base.

A solid 12 guys, with another 10 potential in the mix.

Anyone I missed?
                    Last edited by Bonz; 05-16-2019, 10:29 PM.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Hi Bonz,
                      I am going to have to bow out of this years edition.
                      I will continue to follow along on the forum. Hope to see lots of pictures and ride reports in July.
                      Maybe next year.
                      Phil
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• I really appreciate you following along and being so interested. I'm so bummed it's not going to happen this time around. Good thing is you got to come this way and see some folks already this year.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Hey guys, I texted or pm’d you hoodlums listed in post #99 that I haven’t heard from on the Rally. MaximPhil posted, but Skids is the only other text/PM responder so far. Bummed you won’t make it this year Sid!
                          Last edited by Bonz; 05-17-2019, 06:34 PM.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• HEY DAMMIT! I have hotel reservations in Durango. Rally or not I'll be there.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• No fear, we have a solid dozen bikes. The fewer guys the more beers we each get out of each case around the campfire. Haha.

I'm just trying to bring the rest of the guys out of the freaking wood work!
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                                HEY DAMMIT! I have hotel reservations in Durango. Rally or not I'll be there.
                                Unlike five yrs. ago, least this trip there will be in July, not middle of May!
                                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X