2019 Colorado Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement and stuff

HOwdy BOnz,,,,,yep, retirement is good,,,,I work on my rental property to keep busy, surfing, running, riding the ol xs,xj, nomad stable. Miss the kids, not the overcrowded classes and liberal politics in the schools. Glad you are going strong in the classroom, keep the blinders on and help the kids. I also picked up Roo's ol Kawasaki Nomad, the green one, and put the engine back together, so its running and Greenie rides again. That is one problem with a few bikes, which one to ride, they are all a blast. Like The Wiz said once, if it feels good between your legs, ride the heck out of it and enjoy.........Mike in Sun DIego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Thanks Mike!
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Rally web page is ready to go. Additional details will be added (t-shirt, route info) as it becomes available.

Link is :

Colorado 2019 URL is "http://appleattic.net/XS2019/xs2019.htm" without the quotes

Link is also in my signature.
        Last edited by Jerry; 01-21-2019, 10:58 AM.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thank you Jerry! Always appreciate that website for each rally.

Well done.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Well, I had to correct a few spelling errors and added a link to the Wikipedia entry for Wolf Creek Pass. Always some tweaking needed to get it right.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I’ve looked at the rally page a few times, Jerry...

As usual it is awesome and you are really appreciated!
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Harry texted today, after looking at his summer, he’s planning to make it to Durango along with a firm “looks pretty good” from Russ and Ivan.

FWIW, Harry isn’t able to log on to the forum since whatever “saving” of the site was performed?

We aren’t getting any younger, and would love to invite everyone that has had a thought to do a rally to make this rally or another this year.
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Yeah, I talked to him today also.

Those 3 are all on FJR's now.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Yeah, the FJR is a nice bike. Really liked the few times I have ridden one.

If going that route, the C14 is a better fit for my height. Can’t seem to want an Adventure bike that would fit me well, I can’t get past the over grown dirt bike appearance.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hope all is well for the guys attending or contemplating the rally in Colorado this summer!

Biding our time out here as this winter brings some really good snow. Wolf Creek Pass has had 400” of snow since September and the ski area has over 12’ of base at the top.

Guys coming in from the east will most likely go over Wolfcreek pass and drop in to Pagosa Springs then onward to Durango. Even in July there still should be some snow to see with that much currently on the ground and another 2’ projected for this week and the current winter storm warning.

As I sit here in my recliner watching men’s and women’s college basketball and now axe throwing on ESPN, one of the rides we will do this year is to tour the Mesa Verde ancient ruins. This is a fantastic place and the riding getting there is nice and relaxing. Will make a nice 120-ish mile day, $15 per vehicle entry.

The other ride will be a duplicate of the main ride we did in 2011. This is excellent in terms of the roads, scenery (holy cow...) and distance of about 225 miles.
                      Durango west to Mancos, north to Dolores, up in elevation to Rico (good gas stop/leg stretch) over lizard head pass and then to Telluride. From Telluride down to Placerville, over to Ridgway then south to Ouray, up over Red mountain Pass, down into Historic Silverton, and back to Durango over a few “smaller passes”.

Like we did last year, I hope to do a Friday ride (destination TBD) for the guys that arrive on Thursday. Had a great time on that ride last summer. Let me know who is planning on arriving Thursday as things get closer.

Take care!
                      Last edited by Bonz; 03-10-2019, 08:23 PM.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Looks Good Bonz

Howdy Bonz, sounds like the rides will be good again,,,hope to get there on friday early, or thurs eve with the west crew, depends on their work schedules. Maybe a ride on monday also as some of us will hang around awhile also. I plan on tent camping, so work up whatever we approx. owe you for the supplies, food, etc and the group can get the bucks to you on arrival, and you dont have to spend time chasing it down. You do alot to organize all this and it is deeply appreciated. THANKYOU. There is nothing like an ol Yamaha xs1100 engine to stir the soul. So, anyone sitting on the fence, make it happen and make it to the Rally, life is so short and these memories are priceless. See ya, Mike in Sun DIego
                        mike
                        1982 xj1100 maxim
                        1981 venture bagger
                        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                        1959 wife

Comment

Sounds good Mike, can you give me an idea of who/how many will be camping vs hotel.

Harry texted for sure... He and Russ and Richard (rode the Magna at the Kremmling rally) are coming out, doing a hotel.

Would guys post up here if they are coming, like to begin getting a good head count.

Would like to have each participant pitch in $20 to a “rally pot”. Want to cover the expense for Joe and trailering out not only with his bikes (El Toro being a campground favorite each year that adds a lot of fun) but the grill, propane, coolers, chairs, etc and using his truck as the camp transport to and from the stores for dinner food, beer runs, etc.

Looking forward to seeing the head count start to come in on who is attending.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

90 days out

Can it be?
                            90 Days

No plan yet, but do have Reservations in Durango 11th to 15th. Hope it works out that I can make it.
                            need to haul less junk but I guess I was hauling extras (pillow, coffee pot & fan) for staying in that tiny A frame I booked in the campground

Jeff
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

You gonna ride the E Jeff?

I just got a new trunk, the other one fell off and took a tumble down the highway.

My road essentials stay packed, I just pack clothes into the trunk when I go. Coffee pot and fan are a negative. Gotta have the pillow for a backrest in front of the backpack though.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Time is going by and getting closer to July!

Had some great riding weather here in the front range over spring break. Got in over 600 miles in the course of the week, and now two decent snow events this week with the second one happening now and another coming mid-next week.

Keep the bikes tuned up and running well fellows, gonna be another fun time running the backroads and mountain passes.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X