No announcement yet.

2019 Colorado Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brant, come on and get off of dead center and tell us you are coming down! For heaven's sakes it's your old stomping grounds.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Unlike five yrs. ago, least this trip there will be in July, not middle of May!
      Hey, it was nice in Durango, it was just getting over those 2 passes on either side of Silverton in the snow that kinda sucked.

Wouldn't have been too bad if Bigelow's bike hadn't busted.. I think he did it on purpose so he could ride in the nice warm wrecker.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Didn’t you guys have a final drive sent out overnight or something like that to do the fix?

2011 Durango rally was over the Fourth of July weekend. A lot of traffic it seemed and it was as hot as the devil‘s crotch too. We stopped partway up red Mountain Pass on the way back to Durango on the Saturday ride. My 80SG sounded really unhappy while idling and restarting with the 15W40 oil having thinned out a crazy amount in the heat I am sure. That was “Pikes Peak” type of heat with respect to the bike. Next day it was back to normal after a good cool down coming back into Durango and sitting overnight.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
          Didn’t you guys have a final drive sent out overnight or something like that to do the fix?
          Spline drive for the rear wheel. Funny thing is I had brought one to Russ in KC where we all met up.

Guess I should have kept it with me because it cost $100 to have it overnight shipped to Durango.

We had a good stay there though. Had a $150 supper at the BBQ there. LOL. Good food.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Touched base with United Campground in Durango today. We have three campsites next to each other in the same area we did in 2011. The pictures on their website http://www.unitedcampgrounddurango.com/tent.html show the sites just across the railroad tracks.

Manager says 2-3 tents (two person tents) can go on each site. If you guys plan to bring larger tents or like to spread out more, will need to add another site. We had 5 guys, each had their own tent, last year on 3 sites at the Gunnison KOA with room for another couple tents had we needed.

These are the guys that tented last year, confirm or deny if you will tent again.
            Joe
            Jerry
            Howard
            Mike
            Roo

Mike, you are bringing a couple guys in addition to you and Roo from what I understand. Will they tent?

Marshall, if you come do you plan to tent like at the Canon City Rally?
            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Howdy Yall

Greetings all,
              I'm looking forward to this years rally and seeing you guys again and hope to see some new faces too.
              I've been getting El Toro ready to go and am going to adjust the valves and Synch the carbs on Marie Marie as well, also put TWO bolts in the baffle of the Kerker so it won't come out again and behead anyone !!Howard, I will be doing the tent thing again this year and would like a Tee shirt of and when they become available, see ya in about 6 weeks....
              78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• You are driving to the rally right Joe?
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Yes I am,

Yes I am Greg, Gonna bring the grill,coolers, a few lawn chairs, misc. tools, two bikes and my trailer..
                  78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
                    Greetings all,
                    I'm looking forward to this years rally and seeing you guys again and hope to see some new faces too.
                    I've been getting El Toro ready to go and am going to adjust the valves and Synch the carbs on Marie Marie as well, also put TWO bolts in the baffle of the Kerker so it won't come out again and behead anyone !!Howard, I will be doing the tent thing again this year and would like a Tee shirt of and when they become available, see ya in about 6 weeks....
                    Good to hear your back in the 'mix' Joe!
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Back in the mix.

Hello again, Thanks for the greeting Brant, I have a hard time getting on the site sometimes, so i'm not on as often as I once was, I hope you and Anita will be coming to the rally in Durango even if you cage it.Howard I recruited a couple of guys from here in Denver to join in the fun Both have 1100's although one of the guys might not have his ready by then, I'm going to try and help him get it going by then, if not he plans on riding his Victory,

Comment

• Great Joe! Camping or hotel for them? I have a friend from the ZRX forum who lives in Aurora he will be riding with me. He just came on board over the weekend. Sounds like we have a few more in the mix!
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• I'm not sure.

Howard, I think they will be camping, I'm going to meet up with one of them tomorrow to help him get his 80 special running and I will ask them, They are unable to join the site as you are well aware there are some problems with the site,I'll let you know as soon as I do,

Comment

• Good to know when people add in, we're going to add another campsite.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Snow pack in the Durango area mountains is 659% above average... Campground is along the Animas river. It's been a cool spring out there. Temperatures have been low, snowpack will melt hard and fast when the temperatures finally rise. Temperatures are only forecasted in the mid-70s through June 8th with lows in the 40's.
                              That is for Durango, mountains will be even cooler. Could potentially affect the camping situation. Will of course keep you guys apprised.
                              Last edited by Bonz; 05-30-2019, 02:02 PM.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                                Snow pack in the Durango area mountains is 659% above average... Campground is along the Animas river. It's been a cool spring out there. Temperatures have been low, snowpack will melt hard and fast when the temperatures finally rise. Temperatures are only forecasted in the mid-70s through June 8th with lows in the 40's.
                                That is for Durango, mountains will be even cooler. Could potentially affect the camping situation. Will of course keep you guys apprised.
                                Camping at he United Campground WILL be great come Rally time. You'all gonna be lookin' at 90's daytime temps and low 70's nite-time temps.
                                Last edited by motoman; 05-30-2019, 02:30 PM.
                                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X