2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    Nice looking bags! That Virago is a pretty sweet looking bike in and of itself.
    It's a great looking bike and they are nice bags but the mounting brackets are model-specific.
    The bracketry can be modified and adapted to fit other bikes but I don't want to do it.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• ya know Scott, I just remembered I have a full Vetter setup, top box and all, with detachable bags for an XJ. It came off of Vincers (R.I.P.) XJ that Harry now has.

A set just like this......

Needs keys and some TLC. Yours for shipping. I think Harry has the keys.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post

Here's a pic of it loaded up (in southern Utah).
        There is so much on the bike, I can't see the kitchen sink! :-D
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Originally posted by skids View Post
          There is so much on the bike, I can't see the kitchen sink! :-D
          Ha ha ha ha, yeah. The plastic bag is the sleeping bag I used to carry before I got the compact one. It's no longer there. The gas can was a last minute thing because we were headed across the desert and it was 100 miles to the next town.

The sink is lashed to the other saddle bag.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Greg, that'd work!

Let me get some miles on the clock and check out the 'new' X-1 fairing I bought after it gets here by freight-turtle.

If the bike holds up, I'm planning a ride back East to see my dad after the rally and those bags and box would be invaluable to me.

Right now, I only have about six-hundred miles on the engine and Tod had some bearing "issues" spin up with his XJ engine after a couple of thousand. I think he said it was from using the old bearing shells and it stopped doing that when he replaced them with new shells but I might just be paranoid.
            -- Scott
            _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Howard, check your PM.....I responded.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• T-shirt pricing 2017 Colorado Rally!

Putting it out here so those who haven't ordered a shirt(s) can see it and be enticed: DeanR, Roo (Mike, can you check w/him?), Brant and Anita, CaptonZap, JWHughes you thinking about making a showing?

The shirt will have the main body in the gray with the blue accents as per the picture I posted earlier. Printing on the shirt will be black. Main design is on back (thanks guys for the suggestion) with left side pocket area having the XS1100.com logo on the front.

Set up cost for printing is included in the pricing, that bumped up the total per shirt from my estimate that I shared last week by a little bit.

Short Sleeve wicking: $16.50 each up to XL, add $2 for 2XL.

Long Sleeve wicking: $18.00 up to XL, add $2 for 2XL.

Each of you that has ordered to date will be seeing a PM with the total, please PayPal as soon as convenient to: hbonser611@gmail.com

Shirt with design will be posted in the next day or so as he is finishing up the final on that.
                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• If not already on the list, Shirt was:
                  One (1) XL - Long Sleeve

Working the $18 PayPal thing next.

Guess wicking = polyester (of some %)
                  though the expensive wicking odor eater fabric is great for mountain hiking and hypothermia control

Though Greg is right. Here in the south my T's of choice are all 100% cotton. Only one shirt is 90% cotton - 10% polyester and that is long sleeve for winter only.
                  In Georgia humidity most of the poly shirts feel like wearing wheel bearing grease covered with shrink wrap.
                  Song lyrics are: "wish i is was in the land of cotton" -not- "wish i was at a texas refinery."
                  (though Clute TX is really amazing to see. Glycol Rd, Butane Rd, Chlorine Rd, Acrylate Rd, Benzine Rd etc. )
                  ".

oh, and here at XSSE Rallies we heard of Greg jumping into his sleeping bag wearing his silk jammies, not cotton

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Yeah, this isn't anymore odor eating than what your deodorant will allow. . However the material is the same stuff I wear when backpacking and camping in the mountains for quick drying/good airflow and to wear as a base layer so perspiration doesn't make things all clammy. Good stuff.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Which Site?

Where are we camping?

I just got back from a test ride to check the forks and shocks for leaks. They're good to go so I loaded the Basecamp program on my computer to see if I can figure out the Trip Planner for my Garmin.

Hmm, Red Mountain RV and Wolford Campground aren't the same places but they both have tent/group camping.

Are we going to Wolford or Red Mountain?

Anyway, I'm off to Wallyworld to get an air mattress and a tent light now that Baby's back together and running again!
                      -- Scott
                      _____

Comment

• Just don't let that Garmin get you lost on the 'adventure' trip to Wally-World.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• The battery is getting recharged right now, I'm afraid I'll have to try to find Walmart on my own without the Zumo.
                          -- Scott
                          _____

Comment

• Red Mountain. I rode out to Wolford and checked out the group stuff there. It's out in the sagebrush flats and there's really no place to set up tents on nice ground. That is why the owner recommended using Red Mountain.
                            Last edited by Bonz; 06-09-2017, 05:24 PM.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Thank you for looking and Red Mountain it shall be!
                              -- Scott
                              _____

Comment

• So I'm going to leave the SF bay area Thursday morning and would like to meet up with anyone else on the way to Kremmling. I was going to ride with Scott and all, but I believe they are leaving Wednesday, so it would be hard to catch up to them unless I set the bike for cruise missile mode..
                                As I do not have a radar detector, that won't work, the radio is STILL faster than my bike.
                                I'll be going I680, I780, I80 East. I hope to eat breakfast in Sacramento about 8:00am, and see how far I can get that day. I WILL be in Kremmling Friday evening, so it will be a LOT of miles as I have 1185 miles between Aptos and Kremmling.
                                Ray Matteis
                                KE6NHG
                                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X