No announcement yet.

2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know you have done your homework on the trip, looks like from Sacramento to Kremmling is just under 16 hours of ride time. Are speed limit 75 miles per hour on the western interstates like they are here?
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• As far as I know, Mike and I and maybe Roo will be leaving on Thursday too.

It should only take one overnight stop somewhere, then head to Kremmling on Friday morning. I think Mike wants to take the 15 again.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• If you guys are traveling together, it goes without saying take the biggest chunk you can the first day when the getting is good.

Long days are a lot easier and safer when you're with friends.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• It's doable. Realistically for Mike coming from San Diego up the 15, it'd have to be overnight in St George, Cedar City or Beaver.

From St George it would be 555 miles and 8 1/2 Google hours on Friday to Kremmling.

Beaver is 7 Ghours (Hoogles?) and 452 miles so not much difference.
          -- Scott
          _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I will be leaving Friday morning going on US 40 if anyone wanted to meet up or even stay at my place on Thursday Night

I live 20 miles north of Salt Lake City. PM me if interested. I have several extra beds.
            Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
            80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
            82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
            82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
            82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
            72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
            72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• Or even meet in Heber...
              Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
              80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
              82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
              82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
              82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
              72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
              72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• PM sent, I will at lest ride in with you!
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                  I will be leaving Friday morning going on US 40 if anyone wanted to meet up or even stay at my place on Thursday Night

I live 20 miles north of Salt Lake City. PM me if interested. I have several extra beds.
                  That'll make for some really nice riding getting there Ty!.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Also, that strong tail-wind headin' east will cut the gas consumption.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                      I will be leaving Friday morning going on US 40 if anyone wanted to meet up or even stay at my place on Thursday Night

Tcoop,

What are you plans for returning on Monday? I plan on leaving early Monday morning and heading to my parents who live 30 miles north of Boise. Its 750 miles roughly but I should pass right through SLC if I take US 40. If you don't mind getting an early start, I wouldn't mind riding with someone at least part of the way.
                      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                      '82 XJ1100
                      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Harry, I am going back that way as well! I would like to make Reno for the night, so early works for me as well.
                        Ray Matteis
                        KE6NHG
                        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• 30 more days till Rally in the Rockies!

BTW Scott, it's not July.....yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            30 more days till Rally in the Rockies!

BTW Scott, it's not July.....yet.
                            Oh, man, I was getting all packed and everything!

Actually, Ventura County gave me jury duty for my birthday this year so I don't know what's going to happen next week. I could be getting a tan at the beach with a bunch of bikini babes or I could be trapped indoors in a jury box.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                              Oh, man, I was getting all packed and everything!

Actually, Ventura County gave me jury duty for my birthday this year so I don't know what's going to happen next week. I could be getting a tan at the beach with a bunch of bikini babes or I could be trapped indoors in a jury box.
                              I have been pretty lucky with not being selected for jury duty. As I understand it, if they find out you were involved with Federal law enforcement (of any kind) they dismiss you. Take some pictures of those bikinis if you end up on the beach!!
                              Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Originally posted by skids View Post
                                I have been pretty lucky with not being selected for jury duty. As I understand it, if they find out you were involved with Federal law enforcement (of any kind) they dismiss you. Take some pictures of those bikinis if you end up on the beach!!
                                A-firmative! Or D-firmative, C-firmative, B-firmative, whatever they're wearing this month. I so hope I get to do the beach!

I didn't have a bike at the time and the County was hitting me every other year for a while. When they quit doing it, then I got to go swimming in the Federal jury pool in downtown Lost Angeles. Of course I got picked for a jury and I had to leave the house at 4:00 AM to be 100% certain I'd be there on time for the trial. With light traffic I'd get there in time to have breakfast upstairs in the Federal Building cafeteria, then we'd all hang out and natter and gromish until the courtroom opened up. Fun times.
                                Last edited by 3Phase; 06-14-2017, 05:25 PM.
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X