No announcement yet.

2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's actually an angry ELK lookin' for ya' Scott. Don't confuse or degrade that ELK, or it'll be double angry.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
      That's actually an angry ELK lookin' for ya' Scott. Don't confuse or degrade that ELK, or it'll be double angry.

Yeah, yeah, deer, elk, Moose and Squirrel, whatever.

-- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Scott, your "Kremmling Day 2 alternate" is one of the the main rides, Trailridge Road. It should not be an alternate.

"Kremmling Day 2" was an original route I proposed early on however, having ridden it recently there is like 60 miles of fairly wide-open road that would be more fun with turns and scenery. Therefore, I have made the "Kremmling Day 1" loop to replace that. "Twenty Mile Coal Mine" is on the route. http://www.mining-technology.com/projects/twentymile/

So, The Trail Ridge Road out and back to Estes Park is planned as one main ride, and the loop from Kremmling to Steamboat Springs over to Hayden and then down to Toponas and back to Kremmling is the other main day ride.

The Kremmling "Eve Day 1 ride" is correct. Should be some opportunity to get some pictures of wildlife if we are fortunate. It's the short out and back ride I got some of the pictures from. I can pretty easily be done in an hour and a half after supper. We will have ridden this road from Toponas to Kremmling as part of the main day ride, so it will be somewhat familiar to the riders, just reverse direction on the "out" leg.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Bonz, you have GOOD ride choices set up nicely.... All good roads/routes and scenery!
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• 3Phase, by that look, even Alvin has 'got your number' now.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
              3Phase, by that look, even Alvin has 'got your number' now.
              Hey, Brant! Watch me pull a Youtube out of my hat! (Just click it)

Bonz, Walden to Granby on Day 2 is not happening, it's just east to Granby, then up to Trail Ridge, Estes Park, and back? All-l-l-l-righty then!

I don't do well with descriptions so Google Maps is a fantastic tool to help me visualize routes and discuss/correct them ahead of time instead of on-the-fly at the ride.
              -- Scott
              _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• That is correct, ride east to Granby, then to Grandlake and take Trailridge Road over to Estes Park. Not planning on the Walden loop.

I sent Jerry the ride routes a few days ago and again last night, he is getting them added to the rally site shortly. My initial email either didn't get through to him or the ride route attachments didn't arrive with the email.

Jerry is doing a great job with the site again, kudos Jerry!
                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Ride maps have been added as a link from the main web page (Proposed Routes) or you can go directly to the proposed rides page, take your pick! (New windows open when you click on links. Close them to return to the main page as there is no back button on these pages.)
                  Last edited by Jerry; 06-23-2017, 11:03 AM.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• It's warming up and drying out in Colorado! If it stays that way, the temps will be in the mid-80s or a bit higher for the ride weekend at the Kremmling elevation. Always the potential for an afternoon rain to come through that will drop temps fast especially on the trail Ridge Road ride above tree line. Nights will cool down into high 40's, low 50's typically with those daytime temperatures.

Definitely cooler at nights than the past two Colorado rallies in the southern part of the state, wanted to bring that up one more time for you guys tenting, for morning ride starts it will will/could be cool. Bring layers you can start the ride with and peel off as the day progresses.

Hope everyone is having fun preparing and getting ready for their journeys! It's awesome to have you guys taking part in this!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• It's coming along, Howard, we need to coordinate the Cali Contingent and figure out where we're going to stop for the night but everything's looking good so far.

I called 'Roo a couple of days ago and left a message but he hasn't called back.
                      -- Scott
                      _____

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                        It's coming along, Howard, we need to coordinate the Cali Contingent and figure out where we're going to stop for the night but everything's looking good so far.

I called 'Roo a couple of days ago and left a message but he hasn't called back.
                        Scott, I'll ring his cell and see what happens. He had called me a couple months ago and I made him aware of the rally, and you all out there in Caly were going. He said then, that he intended to go and was gonna check it out on the site....so.

Comment

• On another note, BillyRok clear your private messages the box is at its limit.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• 'Roo called, we're planning how and when and he's calling Mike.

Leaving Wednesday would be nice and give us all a couple of days instead of trying to highball it to Colorado. We need to reserve the rooms for our stop(s) and not just show up, that's a good way to wind up sleeping under the bikes for the night.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

Comment

• With your newly acquired Hilton tent in a bag and LED light, the open road is your campsite.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                                With your newly acquired Hilton tent in a bag and LED light, the open road is your campsite.
                                BTDTGTTS, PPPPPP.

I don't keep a bank account and credit cards so I can get rousted by the local PD in the middle of the night because I was too stupid to reserve a room a couple of weeks in advance, or get set on fire in my sleep by some drunks that hate homeless bikers.
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X