No announcement yet.

2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, just another reminder I am heading out early tomorrow morning backpacking and will be out of contact until Wednesday evening. Take care as you all begin heading this way, The X1100 version of Sturgis coming from the east and west and in between.

I know Brant will keep everyone updated on the weather, safe travels and I look forward to checking back in Wednesday night/Thursday morning.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by skids View Post
      Scott, what are the symtoms when that happens?
      It goes from a quiet, smooth, powerful acceleration to a noisy, smooth, powerful acceleration.

If it's a bad rod bearing, pulling spark plug wires until the noise decreases will let you find the bad bearing.

If it's a bad main bearing, pulling wires will just pass it off, you'll have to split the case to find it.

Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
      +1 I can only imagine the heart sinking sound ? ? ?
      I was halfway expecting it but, yeah, that sudden metallic rap was almost as sad as the sound of a straw sucking air from the bottom of an ice cold glass of Nestle's Quick.

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
      Hey guys, just another reminder I am heading out early tomorrow morning backpacking and will be out of contact until Wednesday evening. ....
      Have fun and be careful!
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Baby's got new bearings.

I'M RIDING MY OWN BIKE TO KREMMLING!

My '80G Is Back
        -- Scott
        _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Again, great hustle there, and good to see that bike under its own power.....AGAIN!.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Go BABY Go . . . . . . . . . .

Amazing feat you pulled off. That is some serious tear down and rebuild in 2-3 days.

Just hold your breath going past Beaver UT and your home free. Look forward to meeting up with the Cali Contingent this time.

Safe travels

yep, nothing like riding your own bike. I'm looking forward so seeing Baby in person. Been following the whole saga since you got it and am anxious to see it.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Heh, she's been almost ready to ride for the better part of a year now, Jeff, getting parts replaced and/or upgraded and now she's like Trigger's Broom.
              -- Scott
              _____

Comment

• I was planning on riding Punisher (80 LG) but it lost all power three times today not sure why. So I transferred the bags over to the XJ that I rode last year.

Nothing like having the bike die in a busy intersection and not able to get out of the road.
                Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• Ready! Steady! Go!

Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                  I was planning on riding Punisher (80 LG) but it lost all power three times today not sure why. So I transferred the bags over to the XJ that I rode last year.

Nothing like having the bike die in a busy intersection and not able to get out of the road.
                  Yikes! (YICS? ) I hate relying on other drivers to let me and my bike live long enough to get our dead as...ymmetrical selves out of the intersection!

Roo should be here pretty soon and I'm almost done stuffing and strapping stuff to the bike so I'll be ready to roll. Whew! The suspense is killing me!
                  -- Scott
                  _____

Comment

• Ty, check the kill switch. I've had a few go bad, and that seems to be the main symptom.
                    I'll give you a call about 8:00pm your time tomorrow. From what I've seen, my sister is just North of the Air Base.
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• With the issues we had last year with bikes losing all power on the rides, I'm just not going to chance it with this bike. The wiring harness has been cut and cobbled together so many times it might be better to get/make a new one.

Transfer of the bags has been completed
                      Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                      80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                      82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                      82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                      82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                      72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                      72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• Roo's here, we're on our way to Barstow.
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

• Just got out of the Wilderness from the backpack trip. In Canon City of all places eating some lunch.

Looking forward to hearing ride reports and updates as you guys progress!
                          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• I'll be heading out EARLY in the morning! I'll see Ty Friday morning, and everyone else in the late afternoon!
                            Ray Matteis
                            KE6NHG
                            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• Have a safe trip Ray as well as everyone else. See you all on Friday.
                              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Arrived McCook Nebraska. Real good ride.

Skipped lunch so walking across the street to Coppermill Steakhouse for some grub. Voucher I got says "Redeem for one free pint" so I'll need to check that out.

Lots of riders in motion tomorrow so ride safe. Bonz, glad you back from the backpacking adventure. Got a quick turn around from that to Rally.

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X