No announcement yet.

2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I looks like I'm going to be a little late getting to the rally. My uncle died on Tues and the funeral is on Friday at 11 am. It is in Mount Pleasant, Ut so If I leave after the services I will get into Kremmling sometime between 7 and 8 pm.
    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• My guess at this point, the 'three amigos' have made the 145mi. from Mesquite,NV and even PAST the notorious Beaver, Utah.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcoop View Post
        I looks like I'm going to be a little late getting to the rally. My uncle died on Tues and the funeral is on Friday at 11 am. It is in Mount Pleasant, Ut so If I leave after the services I will get into Kremmling sometime between 7 and 8 pm.
        Ty,

Sorry to hear that news about your uncle. Our Condolences to you and the family.

Be sure to spend the time you need with the family.

Got the sun at your back most of the way till it sets.
        We can save a tent spot for you.

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Our best to the family on that Ty.

I have space in my tent if you need to the first night. It's a larger tent that will have room for you without being too tight. Otherwise there will be plenty of space for you to set up when you get there.

Ride safe! It'll be a beautiful time of the day to be riding in.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Bike is all packed up. See you guys tomorrow evening. Hopefully I don't get into the campground after everyone is asleep!
            Last edited by Sebastian_99; 07-13-2017, 04:23 PM.
            79 SF

Comment

• Scott just called, and the Caly 'three amigos' have just left Cove Fort, Utah. They are getting cooled off riding in the rain and another 270mi. will put them here in G. Junction. He says all is good with the three bikes! That call came approx. 4:30p.m.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Thanks Howard I might take you up on that depending on when I get in.
                Ty

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                  I know you could Bob! I think you could just stay in the saddle of your C14 ("Flash"), no other bike necessary!

Brant, just need to distract Anita long enough so we can slip you in the saddle...

I'm riding my old SG up to the new owner's house this afternoon at 3 PM. It's not really a bittersweet thing even. The new SG I picked up and posted about is every bit as nice and outfitted with more cool accessories.

Looking forward to getting home from that and loading up the ZRX for the rally! Everything's packed just need to put it on and take it for a quick spin, then meet CZ at 9 am to ride to Kremmling.
                  Not happy about the thought, but he's grown.
                  Motoman's Better Half ! & Southwest Rally Den Mother

Comment

• Hey Bonz,
                    Don't tempt, torment, and tease the poor man like that!
                    You're liable to get Anita upset... and then...

No treats for you!!

Ain't that right, Anita?
                    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• That was meant as tongue-in-cheek, didn't mean at all to come across as anything other than that, Anita! My apologies if it was taken that way.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                        That was meant as tongue-in-cheek, didn't mean at all to come across as anything other than that, Anita! My apologies if it was taken that way.
                        Hey Bonz...
                        It's ok buddy... We know.

You crack me up, dude!

So, since you took me seriously, now I feel like I should be the one apologizing!

Gee... You're such a nice guy.
                        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• If Howard is in the dog house does that mean more treats for the rest of us??
                          Ty

Comment

• Can I still have a tissue to cry in while I watch you guys eat all the great stuff Anita is bringing?
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                              If Howard is in the dog house does that mean more treats for the rest of us??
                              No........by the time the 3amigos get here from Green River(1 1/2 hrs. from 8:30p.m.), that all will get WELL tested, after the pulled pork, etc..

Comment

• BWI fly

Duwayne,
                                have a good flight tomorrow to DEN. You will likely be well west of the Mississippi River by the time we wake up.

Early AM departure like you have is normally an On Time departure. That BMW should be here Cats Meow for the Rally.

See ya in Kremmling. Keep us posted along your journey west. I should be at the Super by 3:30pm Fri.

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X