2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    Traffic wasn't too bad, we got there early. It was a great ride. Y'all should have come.

It was great to meet you and Sheridan.

You 2 are one of the greatest reasons I cam to the rally. Looking forward to seeing y'all again.
    Greg, good meeting you too man. If time wasn't a factor (who gets married on a Monday?!?) we'd have been there! Still got some good riding in on the way back.

We got to say later to Brent and Anita before we split so that was cool.
    79 SF

Comment

• Great Rally

Just wanted to let everyone know what a fun time l had. Could look the world over and not find a better group of friends. Saturday nights campfire discussion containing the word "uterus" will go down in the history books. Y'all crack me up!!!! You all made Brant and I feel special. Thank you for putting up with us. We love you all and everone has a standing invitation to our house. We have some great riding right around us. Howard, great job on the rally and the shirts are awesome!! Can't wait till next year!!
      Motoman's Better Half ! & Southwest Rally Den Mother

Comment

• 3Phase Update

Remember a mere six (6) days ago his motor was in pieces on his garage floor with the crank out.
        He said "I am going to ride my own bike to Kremmling"

Well he certainly did:
        now 1,100 miles from home on top of a 12,100 foot tall mountain in Colorado

His bike on Trail Ridge US 34 in Rocky Mountain National Park

Of course we all know he is an amazing guy that has an amazing understanding of these xs1100's

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Ps

Rich, I'll make something next year without trying to kill ya.
          Motoman's Better Half ! & Southwest Rally Den Mother

Comment

• as we all know, it is nearly impossible to get a group shot of EVERYONE at an XS Rally

Group pic but missing Sebastian, Sheridan, Motowoman & Motoman

It sure is great to spend a long weekend with such great people

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Rally Central now CLOSED

Bonz closed XS Rally Command Central at 08:30 this morning. So Colorado XS 2017 is sadly over. But everyone had a great time and great experience. We certainly had fantastic weather and had a grand time being together. and a lot of laughs (How can it not be grand here in Grand County). . A big thanks to the grill masters both Sat and Sun night. Camp site grilling sure beats messing with a restaurant. .

Everyone is now on the road headed to where they are headed, be it home or next stop in their journey.

Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Rode home solo this morning in perfect weather. Wonderful ride over Hoosier Pass. It was great seeing everyone. Big thank you to Bonz!
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Here are some photos I randomly took at the rally (I'm no photographer):

79 SF

Comment

• Thank YOU folks for a great group of riders and friends to make the Rally memorable and enjoyable. Lots of time and commitment to attend for you all, I am honored to host.

Nothing like leading on a chain drive ZRX being chased over hill and dale and mountain by 15 shafties for two days....

I am home safe and sound, CZ and I split off at C470 as we got to Denver.

Looking forward to how the rest of you are doing on the trips. Ride safe everyone!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian_99 View Post
                      Here are some photos I randomly took at the rally (I'm no photographer):
                      You're no photographer? You got a pic of the elusive Jerry CZ! You must have snuck up on him.
                      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Mike. Roo and I are taking a break in Green River, it's hit and windy but not too bad. We're shooting for Mesquite again -- pool, buffet, blondes, BS.

I'd post a picture or several but I can't resize them and I don't want anyone to cry so thanks, Jeff, for the pictures!
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I made it home safe and sound after splitting off from Ray and Harry. Had a blast at the rally! It was great to see some familiar faces and to meet new friends.

Thanks Howard, you did a great job hosting this rally!
                          Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                          80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                          82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                          82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                          82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                          72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                          72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• So... after reading everything and looking at the pictures so far, I have a few questions-

1) Who was riding the new RT? That was sweet!

2) So, details on race results w/ the V Max?

3) WTH happened to the rest of Greg's hair??

4) When is my T shirt gonna ship Bonz?

Inquiring minds wanna know...
                            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• T-shirt is shipping out tomorrow. I hope you like it!
                              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                                T-shirt is shipping out tomorrow. I hope you like it!
                                Haha! Ok...
                                I guess you have been kinda busy... huh?
                                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                                X