Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic is all balled up here west of Denver. 15 - 20mph
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Is it raining there?
      Radar indicating rain along and South of I-70. Raining ahead in Vail but not at Silver Thorne. Once you get off at Silverthorne on Hwy 9 North it will be sunny.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Heading over to the Rocky Mountain Bar and Grill on Central Avenue. Join us or grab something in Silverthorne.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Just got situated at the Rocky Mountain Bar and Grill, they're fairly busy so we'll be here for a little while.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Hi to All,
            I am following along. wish I could have made this rallyas it sounds so good. Ride safe and have a good time. Keep posting reports and pictures are always welcome.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
              Hi to All,
              I am following along. wish I could have made this rallyas it sounds so good. Ride safe and have a good time. Keep posting reports and pictures are always welcome.
              Phil
              OneDrive links, hope they work for pictures.

Roo and me at the gas station.

At the campground.

Us

At the bar.
              -- Scott
              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I'm silverthorne. I-70 traffic was terrible!
                79 SF

Comment

• Scott, Mike, and Roo...

Got your pics! They load a bit slow, but fine!
                  Glad to see you guys made it ok.

Guessing Greg and Harry finally got outta Denver and made it ok?

Shout outs to the 2 Jerry's, Brant & Anita, too!

I saw Howards ZRX, and Jeff's GW, but no pics of them yet...

MaximPhil,
                  I hope we'll get to ride together again sometime soon! Missin ya, buddy!

Keep postin' those pics, please!
                  Bob
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Harry & company got here just before sunset.

Ray is here too. Ty should be in shortly from UT and Sebastian just posted too.

Looks like everybody here or accounted for. I'm at Super 8. Ray, Duwayne Brant & Anita here at 8. Others at the campground. Apparently Bob's Motel in town that Jerry booked in closed so he motored up US40 aways to get a room.

I'll post pics in AM. Got "bike lag" and still on Eastern Time.

Jeff
                    Last edited by JeffH; 07-14-2017, 09:32 PM.
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Rally group taking a break in Steamboat Springs. Fantastic morning with clear blue skies and no wind. Perfect.

It was 66 degrees on top of Rabbit Ears Pass and a lovely 76 here in Steamboat Springs. Continuing west to Hayden for lunch in 30 min or so.

Everybody says hey.

Jeff & the Colo Riders
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Saturday RALLY RIDE

GREAT RIDE TODAY

Everybody safely back at the Campground, and a few (like me that like a/c) back at the Super 8.

After lunch in Hayden, Bonz lead us south on the scenic & twisty CR23 (with many hills and curves ) & CO Hwy 131 to Yampa (headwaters of the Yampa River) then Toponas then CO Hwy 134 back to Kremmling. CO134 is another really scenic drive over mountains and across valleys in the Routt National Forest.

Small group riding 15-20 miles back up into the Routt Forest later to see if any elk are out and about tonight. It is Saturday evening so its likely they congregate to party till the wee hours of the morning.

Having a cookout at the Campground for dinner (or i guess some call it supper depending on where you are from)

the Colo Rally gang
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Vmax (Sheridan) and I made it back safe and sound. 41MPG! We came back through Silverthorne, went up past Breckinridge and over Hoosier pass (the twisted are fun on that road). Went north from FairPlay and took a right at Jefferson to ride back on Taryall road. We opened it up quite a bit there and were cooking at 80 through the turns. Fresh asphalt made it an awesome ride.

Curious to hear about the traffic in Estes Park.

Had a killer time riding with you guys! Amazing group of guys! I'll be doing more rallies for sure!

Pics to follow
                          79 SF

Comment

• Sunday Ride

Sunday morning ride up Trail Ridge was great. Traffic going up was NOT a factor at all. No delay at the Ranger Station either. Such a gorgeous morning with cool temps and an A++ ride.

Bonz lead us over the summit then down the Eastern slope a ways. Traffic was gradually building up (at the pull outs) the couple hours we were above the tree line at 12,000 feet. What a blast. On the way up Alpine Center had ample parking but on the way back rangers had lot full signs out and were making people continue on. Ride back from the summit was real good too. Just congestion at the top starting about 11:15AM. Whole day was A+ with scenery and curves.

We went to Grand Lake for lunch but surprised they were having a parade this afternoon. Gridlock there so we just jumped back on the highway. We all went to Granby for lunch. Everybody safely off the mountain.

More later as we get better connections.

Jeff
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Glad everyone enjoyed the Trail Ridge ride and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park!

Anita and I got back to Grand Junction today approx. 2:30p.m. 98degrees here and sure miss that cooler elevation! The AC in the Highlander sure made the drive bearable though.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian_99 View Post
                                Vmax (Sheridan) and I made it back safe and sound. 41MPG! We came back through Silverthorne, went up past Breckinridge and over Hoosier pass (the twisted are fun on that road). Went north from FairPlay and took a right at Jefferson to ride back on Taryall road. We opened it up quite a bit there and were cooking at 80 through the turns. Fresh asphalt made it an awesome ride.

Curious to hear about the traffic in Estes Park.

Had a killer time riding with you guys! Amazing group of guys! I'll be doing more rallies for sure!

Pics to follow
                                Traffic wasn't too bad, we got there early. It was a great ride. Y'all should have come.

It was great to meet you and Sheridan.

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                                Glad everyone enjoyed the Trail Ridge ride and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park!

Anita and I got back to Grand Junction today approx. 2:30p.m. 98degrees here and sure miss that cooler elevation! The AC in the Highlander sure made the drive bearable though.
                                You 2 are one of the greatest reasons I cam to the rally. Looking forward to seeing y'all again.
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X