2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHirts

put me down for one xl short sleeve and one xl long whatever fabric the masses agree to in majority..............thanks Bonz for All you do,,,,Mike in Sun Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

• Okay, I did Trail Ridge Road today and am at the campground tonight. Me and the SG did 260 miles from my house in Palmer Lake. Today was the first day of the season the road was clear of snow so it just opened today. Traffic was light and I had a blast.

It was some sweet riding!

Serious snow removal!

The road above the trees at over 12,000 feet.

Greener pastures at our Campground. The spot isn't huge but it's nice and should hold eight tents since we like each other so much it will be close quarters. There is another grassy area at the entrance to the campground we could use as well if needed. It's not like having our own Back 40 like we did in Canon City but it's more civilized.

Anyway, hope that gets you guys itching to ride!
      Last edited by Bonz; 06-01-2017, 05:45 PM.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Them ole' boys(CDOT) definitely had some snow to remove in order to get that seasonal highway open for the holiday weekend!
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Yeah, they weren't able to get it open last weekend for Memorial Day. They had to remove more snow up until yesterday. Kind of cool to be on it the first day it is open!
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Awesome ride, Howard, thank you!

Are you sure that's for group camping?
            It looks like a picnic area and with no fire pit, that tasty looking deer is never going to fit on that little BBQ!
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• SNOW........ I don't even recall SEEING any snow here last winter.

It was 90º here today.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                Awesome ride, Howard, thank you!

Are you sure that's for group camping?
                It looks like a picnic area and with no fire pit, that tasty looking deer is never going to fit on that little BBQ!
                I'll bring a knife Scott, it'll fit.

Oh, and that's an elk btw.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• So yes, that is what they call the group site. We can get tents in there we just won't have an acre between us like at the Royal Gorge . The fire pit is in the corner and there is a charcoal grill by the shelter with the three picnic tables.

That is an elk not a deer. It would look you in the eye from a foot above. Got some pictures of moose as well however they were further off in the distance.

I am having dinner at a sweet local bar and grill. Looks like a good watering hole just a mile down the road from the campground . There are few other local places as well.

Site with my big 4 person tent. Plenty of room.
                  Last edited by Bonz; 06-01-2017, 06:19 PM.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    , and that's an elk btw.
                    Bwahaha!! Elk are just damn big deer! :-D
                    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Not deer, elk, okay, and definitely not moose either, just a big tree rat.

I guess if whatever you call that walking meal is tall enough that it can eyeball you whilst looking down at you through the top of your helmet it'll make good eating for at least one weekend and get turned into stew, glue, boots, gloves, and leathers.
                      -- Scott
                      _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                        ... Site with my big 4 person tent. Plenty of room.
                        I'm convinced, it looks cozy. If it gets too cold for the firepit, just drag over a dumpster, light it up and bask in the radiant heat.
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

• That is quite an excursion Howard just to take a look at conditions. You are a dedicated man! I took a the Beast out toward Guffy and back today. God, I love that bike (25 miles is like 5% of your round trip).
                          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Looks good Howard. Not too many trees to hang a hammock on, but will be just fine for tents.
                            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                            '82 XJ1100
                            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• I ended up with 330 miles yesterday. Went on an evening ride to check out another road I hadn't been on in 10 years and Scott, here's your MOOSE.

Leaving the campground now and going to do loop around to the north. I'll probably have over 600 miles when I get home tonight between the two days.

Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Procrastinated...made reservations at the Westerner Hotel for three nights, others already sold out. (Friday - Saturday - Sunday.) Looking forward to it.

Reminder: web page link is http://www.appleattic.net/Kremmling-2017/Kremmling.htm
                                Jerry Fields
                                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                                '06 Concours
                                My Galleries Page.
                                My Blog Page.
                                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                                X