No announcement yet.

2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally think cotton would be fine, all the others I have are cotton and that would keep the price down.

Also, I don't know about the rest but I prefer the printing on the back rather than the front.

My $.02.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      I personally think cotton would be fine, all the others I have are cotton and that would keep the price down.

Also, I don't know about the rest but I prefer the printing on the back rather than the front.

My $.02.
      Always have to be difficult don't ya Greg.

I don't think $15 is a bad price for a nice shirt.

And while Greg prefers it in the back ..... it doesn't matter to me.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Eh, just practicality. The 2 tone shirt has twice as many seams to fail and it costs more for that possibility.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I'll take one XL short and one long sleeve; Paypal when we get the fine points pointed out.

Wicking or cotton, y'all have me convinced it's going to be freezing and raining and snowing in the middle of July so best to be prepared and get a long sleeve.

I agree with Greg about the printing on the back. The site logo could go on the front over the heart:

From the 2013 XSSE rally:

Last year's rally in Canon City just because makes me smile and laugh every time.
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• +2 on the wicking material. Put me down for one each XL short-sleeve and get me payment details. Will also add the info to the web page.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Jerry, one each short sleeve and long sleeve?
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                +2 on the wicking material. Put me down for one each XL short-sleeve and get me payment details. Will also add the info to the web page.
                I am with Jerry. Wicking material, one long and one short sleeve. Large.
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Hey Sid, you going change your location from Arvada to your new mountain digs? Or do you go back and forth between the two?
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                    Hey Sid, you going change your location from Arvada to your new mountain digs? Or do you go back and forth between the two?
                    Ha! I didn't notice. I will do that change.
                    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• I'll take 2 XXL short sleeve. Whatever you decide for the shirt is fine with me. Let me know and I can also paypal. Should be there Friday evening sometime.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• One short sleeve in 2x. Never had a wicking shirt but don't care which one you use.
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

• Wicking shirt: basically it's a synthetic soft fiber (polyester) that pulls moisture away from the body and you stay cooler/dry. In Colorado, there is a saying in the outdoor circles that "cotton kills", as in folks get wet in the outdoors, don't dry out and get hypothermia. Cotton shirts are few and far between in my wardrobe for anything outdoor related where drying out if I get wet or not getting sweat soaked in the first place is paramount.

The shirt in the picture a few posts back has been plenty durable (Greg) as I wear it often and workout in it as well. Had it since last August. I have more cotton shirts with seams splitting from age and use than any issue with wicking shirts. They ARE more long lasting and maintain their appearance. If a seam splits, needle and thread works just as well as it has for centuries with cotton!
                          Last edited by Bonz; 06-01-2017, 07:23 AM.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                            Wicking shirt: basically it's a synthetic soft fiber (polyester) that pulls moisture away from the body and you stay cooler/dry. In Colorado, there is a saying in the outdoor circles that "cotton kills", as in folks get wet in the outdoors, don't dry out and get hypothermia. Cotton shirts are few and far between in my wardrobe for anything outdoor related where drying out if I get wet or not getting sweat soaked in the first place is paramount.

The shirt in the picture a few posts back has been plenty durable (Greg) as I wear it often and workout in it as well. Had it since last August. I have more cotton shirts with seams splitting from age and use than any issue with wicking shirts. They ARE more long lasting and maintain their appearance. If a seam splits, needle and thread works just as well as it has for centuries with cotton!
                            Have you forgotten that I live in Oklahoma where temps can push 115 in the summer and the humidity feels like 150% most of the time.

I'm a lousy seamstress.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• You don't like the wicking shirts in Oklahoma? I've enjoyed them in the Midwest because of the high humidity and temperatures just like you said. You don't sweat in them like you do cotton. I mean, you still sweat the same but it evaporates off and doesn't get damp and soggy.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Hotel reserved, check
                                flights booked, check
                                bike reserved, just did it!!!
                                coming for the tee shirt!!!
                                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                                1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X