X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to hear you are in for sure!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• JAT for those attending the Kremmling rally, elevation is some 7,300ft. Makes evenings on the cool side and afternoon spotty rain showers are not uncommon this time of year. Outdoor evenings are cool enough that light wind-breaker style jackets may be of preference for many. Be safe riding to and from, and ATGATT!
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Hey Bonz,

Is Joe going to transport firewood again this year? If so, I'll start cutting it up.

CZ

Comment

• Good reminder, Brant. Rain gear is a great thing to have but never need... And layers of clothing to add or take off is always the way to go under riding gear. Better to have stuff and not need it...

CZ, haven't asked Joe on the firewood. The campground manager did say we could bring our own but they sell it as well.

Joe, how are you doing? Hope all is well. You able to pick up the wood from CZ? If not, I can trailer my bike(s) and bring wood from CZ with me. Or I could trailer my bike and yours too if you don't wanna mess with that. You have gone above and beyond with helping out the past two Rally's. But I know you like to bring multiple bikes for variety and spares.
          Last edited by Bonz; 03-20-2017, 09:36 PM.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Ok, I've been reading through here and it looks like you've set the date for July 15 - 16. Is that correct?

Gotta put in for VaCa time and I gotta get it right.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              Ok, I've been reading through here and it looks like you've set the date for July 15 - 16. Is that correct?

Gotta put in for VaCa time and I gotta get it right.
              Yup......actually 14-16 July......but close enough for that scoot to get ya' here.....and back of course.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Talking about the weekend, we'll be there Friday afternoon.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• That is correct, fine young sir. Arrive Friday the 14th, ride days are Saturday and Sunday, head out Monday the 17th or whenever your heart desires.

Who all is gonna be riding in with you?
                  Last edited by Bonz; 03-29-2017, 11:04 PM.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Harry is the only "for sure" so far.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                      Talking about the weekend, we'll be there Friday afternoon.
                      Glad to hear your gonna' be able to make the rally buddy! Myself, wouldn't miss the opportunity to visit with ya' a bit....again.

Comment

• Harry, you gonna be riding your new bike?
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                          Harry, you gonna be riding your new bike?
                          Yes, thats the plan. Should be a fun ride. I have been getting to ride a bit, when it hasn't been raining. It is pretty damn quick.

I am thinking about heading out to my parents in Idaho after the rally, since I will already be halfway out there.
                          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                          '82 XJ1100
                          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Awesome! The big in-line 4 sport tourers are some nice bikes. Plus the FJR is one of the few that looks good when you take the bags off.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• I am loving it so far. Not sure how it matches up to that zrx of yours. Pretty sure the FJR is quite a bit heavier.
                              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• The ZRX is a quick bike, but absolutely no aero compared to the FJR or C14, especially with my tall profile... My weight equalizes that difference somewhat. With the ZRX, I have done things to lose weight and gain function or not lose function. It came in right around 500 lbs last I checked. Definitely gained back a few pounds when I put the Rifle Superbike Fairing on it. May have helped aero a little bit, but definitely better wind protection and smoother air vs stock.

Since adding the ZZR1200 pistons in January of this year, I went to a Muzzy 4-2-1 header vs the 4-1 Holeshot Performance header I was running. Going back to last spring when I put in ZZR1200 cams, the bike developed a flat spot between 2800-3400 rpm that was felt in 4th and 5th gears. With a good bit more overlap, reversion is what I think was going on. Could not tune it out, and learned to ride around it for the past year. On a whim I mounted a Muzzy header my ZRX buddy had picked up on a good deal, the thing is flawless now. Don't know that it has more power over all however not having to ride around a flat spot in the top 2 gears is awesome.

Where I cannot overcome in performance is at changing elevation vs a fuel injected bike like the FJR.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X