2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard,
    I'd be in on a shirt if it happens! L or XL, please...

Jeff,
    That's an awesome deal you found on that new '14 model.
    That $13,300 pricetag was the out-the-door price on my 2011. And that was $3,000 off, back then.
    A brand new 2010 cost $16,300!!

The two main things I liked most about the C14 when I compared it to an FJR was better price for performance and a warranty like no other bike...
    3 years vs 1 yr. Renewable two more times for $350 ea. time ($700)
    Total of 9 years of warranty. Most never have to use it... a win-win.
    I now have 45,000 miles on mine, still haven't used it.
    There's a guy named Cliff that lives in northern Arkansas that's about to roll 200,000 on his '08... and those are hard miles.
    Jeff, you oughtta add that red one to your stable for that price! Heckuva deal.

Harry, I just had mine flashed...that's all. But does make a difference!
    Last edited by XJOK2PLAY; 04-05-2017, 09:50 PM.
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• rally shirt

Howdy Bonz,,,,definitely interested in a rally shirt,,,prefer dark to keep the dirt level low, easier to clean, maybe a Rockies Theme. Otherwise put me down for one XL mens, short sleeve................getting the xj ready to rock the Rockies again. With Scotts advice we are going around Beaver Utah, the Bermuda Triangle for Xs1100 membersSee ya soon, Mike in Sun Diego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

• Sounds good! Is there any library of art or motorcycle theme stuff that guys pull from to create this kind of shirt?
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Well, R. Crumb isn't doing illustrations any more but there must be something.

Put me down for an XL too.
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
            Howdy Bonz,,,,definitely interested in a rally shirt,,,prefer dark to keep the dirt level low, easier to clean, maybe a Rockies Theme. Otherwise put me down for one XL mens, short sleeve................getting the xj ready to rock the Rockies again. With Scotts advice we are going around Beaver Utah, the Bermuda Triangle for Xs1100 membersSee ya soon, Mike in Sun Diego
            Sounds like maybe you all will be doing the I-80 route, hanging a right(south to Craig.Co.), then a left(east) to Steamboat Springs over Rabbit Ears Pass following your nose on to Kremmling? Looking forward to seeing you all again! Be safe and ATGATT!.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              Sounds good! Is there any library of art or motorcycle theme stuff that guys pull from to create this kind of shirt?
              Jeff might have some sources since he does the shirts for XS Southeast. There needs to be a mountain theme in my opinion.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Just say, "No!" to black holes!

Nothing against that fine Butch Cassidy Inn/Best Western in Beaver, UT but I worked out the alternate route through Reno with motel stops on Google Maps.

And of course, it seems to have disappeared so I'll have to do it over again.
                -- Scott
                _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Jeff might have some sources since he does the shirts for XS Southeast. There needs to be a mountain theme in my opinion.
                  I build the XSSE Rally shirt graphics from scratch using graphics software. Software generates AI or CDR or EPS graphics file the screen printer uses to print the shirts.

Pricing of course depends on printed one side or two (front, back or both) how many colors and quantity printed. More cost effective with higher quantities.

Most shirt printers can print low quantity orders with their laser jet printer. Quality not as good or durable but its a good way to more cost effectively print a low number if shirts.

Most shirt printers have on staff (or contract) a Graphics artist that might be able to whip up something quickly once there is a plan and some documented requirements.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• For sure, a mountain theme! I will get the local place to show me what they are able to do. Worked with them before for coaching logo shirts and basketball uniforms.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• I would gladly pony up for a rally shirt.
                      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                      '82 XJ1100
                      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• It depends on how many days Mike and the southern contingent can swing this year because going north is a longer route instead of highballing it up the 15, then over to Grand Junction:-

Avoid The Noid: San Marcos, CA to Kremmling, CO

Shared Map | San Marcos to Kremmling

Google Maps | San Marcos to Kremmling
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

• Wow! That WOULD definitely make for a long loop to Kremmling! If it weren't for avoiding the 'noid', just to ride different roads, could run I-80 on up to SaltLake and across to exit south to Baggs,Wyo. to Craig then Co.40 east to Kremmling. Craig east to Kremmling IS a hoot to ride with some really nice mountain scenery(huge ski area at Steamboat Springs) you all haven't seen as of yet, and is ALL some really nice wide two lane road.
                          Last edited by motoman; 04-08-2017, 02:45 PM.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Basically, going north adds an extra day from Southern California and it's just an outline of what we'd be looking at riding to get the times and distances in perspective.

It's a long ride for Mike but for Ray it's pretty much a straight shot across on the 80.

That last link from Google Maps directions shows the hours/miles and 7 hours/460 miles is a full day ride for Mike from SoCal to Ray's hacienda up in Aptos.

San Marcos to Aptos

It's 7 hours and 460 miles from Aptos through Reno and on to Winnemucca or 10 hrs/700 miles to Wendover.

Rolling out of Wendover, it's 8 hours and 500 miles through Kimball, UT and down the 40 or the 35 to Kremmling.

Here's another map with Battle Mountain and Elko, NV for roughly 2 hour and 200 mile alternates before Wendover but that would shift the 10 hour and 700 mile ride to the Kremmling leg.
                            Nevada Alternates

Here's another map skipping Aptos and going to Reno:-
                            San Marcos to Reno to Kremmling

Skipping Aptos and taking the 5 from Socal up to the 80 and over to Reno would be 10 hours and 660 miles.

From Reno it's 14 hours and 900 miles to Kremmling; Reno to Baggs, Wyoming then Kremmling would make it 14 1/2 hours and 965 miles to get split up however it has to be done to get there.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

Comment

• I'm in for a shirt. 2xl short sleeve.
                              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                              1981 LH

Comment

• You gonna do them in just short sleeves or long sleeves also?

If you are doing both I'll probably take one of each. Large
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X