• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
    I'm in for a shirt. 2xl short sleeve.
    Are you gonna make it out to Colorado?
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
      Are you gonna make it out to Colorado?
      I'm going to be there!! Pretty excited about it too.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

There goes the neighborhood..
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• dpotter, glad you are in! You gonna do the campground or hotel/cabin?
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            You gonna do them in just short sleeves or long sleeves also?

If you are doing both I'll probably take one of each. Large

I was thinking short sleeve, however long sleeve is a good thought too. Let me look into it in the next week or so for cost and I'll post up about that.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Awesome. Look forward to seeing you again.
              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                dpotter, glad you are in! You gonna do the campground or hotel/cabin?
                Hotel. already reserved.
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

• Awesome.

I syn'd the carbs on the ZRX today. How does this look? Thanks CaptonZap for the loan on the sticks!

Last edited by Bonz; 04-10-2017, 07:48 PM.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• That sucks!

CZ

p.s. What RPM?

Comment

• 1152.2 rpm.

Was at 1200 rpm... can't see it by the angle of the dangle of the picture.

ZRX has a really low oil pressure when warmed up at idle based on guys putting a gauge to it. Spec calls for 1000+/-50 rpm.

Hey, with the air that gets in those columns do I need to account for that or still go with just straight across the top regardless of air below?
                      Last edited by Bonz; 04-10-2017, 09:37 PM.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Straight across top of preferably mercury fluid. No zoom-in, but looks to be approx. 17in.vac. across the four.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Awesome.

I syn'd the carbs on the ZRX today. How does this look? Thanks CaptonZap for the loan on the sticks!

That looks great, but only if it was done near idle rpms.
                          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• I subsequently saw that it was done near idle. Good. Concerning air in the column(s), I couldn't really see how much was in there. It is the weight of the column of fluid that really counts, so if there was a lot of air, I would have brought it back to the reservoir and started over. As an alternative if one of the columns had like 1/2 inch of air below the the top of the mercury, you could subtract the height of that one by 1/2 inch because air is essentially weightless in comparison.
                            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. I'm going to hook it up again and account for the air in the columns. The mercury level in the reservoir is not "full" and being that it's hard to come by, I don't see adding any. The bike idles like a smooth purring cat now though.

With your ST 1300, the FJR 1300, Kawasaki C14 and C10, we're going to have all the super sport tourers represented. If Roo comes he will have a Kawasaki Nomad.

That said, does anyone know of a kit or mod that moves the pegs forward on the Special models? That would relieve my knee bend and make the bike much more enjoyable to ride for more than an hour here or an hour there.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I'm going to hook it up again and account for the air in the columns. The mercury level in the reservoir is not "full" and being that it's hard to come by, I don't see adding any. The bike idles like a smooth purring cat now though.

With your ST 1300, the FJR 1300, Kawasaki C14 and C10, we're going to have all the super sport tourers represented. If Roo comes he will have a Kawasaki Nomad.

That said, does anyone know of a kit or mod that moves the pegs forward on the Special models? That would relieve my knee bend and make the bike much more enjoyable to ride for more than an hour here or an hour there.
                                Guess you could use the mercury out of old themometers, or if your home has the slider type thermostats which do use mercury contained tiny resovior, for electrical contact trigger to come on........switch 'em out for digital thermostats and pour the mercury in the mamometer resivior.
                                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X