2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a 50/50 maybe Jerry.

Always nice to have your rally page so we don't have to hunt for all the info.
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
      Your place in Grand Junction is a perfect stop over. Then it's a nice 170-ish mile ride to Kremmling.
      Thanks Howard!.........gotta love the 'ish' part. IIRC, depending on the 3 options of travel.... seem to remember anything from 215-245mi., but hey, it's all way good any of the three options one would choose. Also just a 3hr....ish ride/drive either of the choices..
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• DeanR: Thanks for the clarification. I've made a note that you are a "possible" for the event.

I've also added hotel info, a Mapquest link, and cleaned up a few spelling errors on the web page.

Kremmling Rally
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Just a reminder: Any of you folks coming to the rally that are 62yrs. or older, if you don't have a National Parks pass, you really need to get one! Cost is IIRC either $10 or $15. That cost if gonna make a big jump here shortly, so suggest it be taken care of ASAP! It's a hard plastic card that they just scan at the entrances. Vehicles, no limit on passengers. Motorcycles, limited to one motorcycle with one or two riders aboard. Group situations do NOT apply,period at ANY National Park! Since we have a National Park a couple miles near town here(Colo. Natl. Monument), I got mine some three yrs. back at the entrance. All that's needed is a valid drivers liscense, and they scan and hand it to you right at the entrance window at any Natl. Park entrance.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Thanks for that heads-up Brant. I looked up the National Park day pass, and it is $20 for one day, per cycle (solo or two up). Trail Ridge road is US Hwy 34, and the portion from Grand Lake to Estes Park is a "toll road", i.e runs through the Rocky Mountain National Park so a Nat'l Park entrance fee is required.

Apologies for not including that in the initial info.

Thank you Jerry for the website work, again this year!
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              Thanks for that heads-up Brant. I looked up the National Park day pass, and it is $20 for one day, per cycle (solo or two up). Trail Ridge road is US Hwy 34, and the portion from Grand Lake to Estes Park is a "toll road", i.e runs through the Rocky Mountain National Park so a Nat'l Park entrance fee is required.

Apologies for not including that in the initial info.

Thank you Jerry for the website work, again this year!
              Thanks Howard. Not an issue, and understand. You just haven't hit 'old age and treachery' as of yet

Comment

• Web page, http://www.appleattic.net/Kremmling-2017/Kremmling.htm has been updated with more information.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Again, Thank you Jerry for doing the website!
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• To update the campground site particular's: I put down the deposit based on 10 guys using the site. If we have fewer, we only pay for what we use and won't be out any $$.

- 10 guys X $12/night X 3 nights = $360 total.
                    - $180 is the deposit I put down.

We don't have more than five or six guys by my count who are considered as campground'ers at this point. -Myself, San Diego Mike, Bigfoot (tenting subject to wife coming or not), BA80, rdmcguy, and CaptonZap. Plenty of space left for more.

Mike, is Roo coming? How about relatives/in-laws, other friends?

Marshall, how about you?

Chuck, are you able to join us again? Great to have you if you can make it!

Tcoop, hope your wife's chemo is going well and you can come.

JWHughes, how is it looking for you?

The rest of you fellows I know are doing a hotel or maybe cabins.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• July 14th ride into Kremmling:
                      In case anybody is interested in riding the Cache la Poudre

I plan to stay over in Fort Collins on Thursday July 13th. Then Friday July 14th ride the Cache la Poudre (CO14) over to Walden for lunch. At either Moose or Antlers in Walden. Then ride to Kremmling. Easy day and only 160 miles total. Be in Kremmling by 2:30pm

If anybody interested in joining me for that last leg of the journey let me know.
                      I promise not to stop for every rock -or- tree -or- flower -or- snake as i usually do.

Not sure yet where I will be BEFORE Ft Collins or via what route. But will be reserving likely Super 8 for the 13th in Fort Collins.

Jeff
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Jeff. Will have to see how things go but I would like to join you. Sounds like fun. My wife decided not to come along, so I will be riding the bike and tenting it with the rest of you all.
                        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                        '82 XJ1100
                        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Harry, I still have your coffee pot and it has been many places and brewed many pots of coffee in the great outdoors since last summer. It will be an honor to return it to the rally at which it first brewed coffee.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Sounds great Howard. I am really looking forward to it.

Makes starting the day out much nicer with a hot cup of coffee. Especially when camping.
                            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                            '82 XJ1100
                            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• I'm in for the ride! I'll probably be in a hotel, but I also get a day pass for the park! My plan is ride out with Scott, and go home via Utah to see my little sister.
                              Ray Matteis
                              KE6NHG
                              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• Good to hear you'll make the rally Ray. Been a year or four or five since I've seen you!.

Comment

Working...
                                X