2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Guess I'm riding the wrong bike. KAWA seems the brand of choice this year.
    So I might have to either trade for a KAWA -or-
    invoke the "All Bikes Welcome" clause and ride my XS11 or Wing.

Coming through KC? Not sure yet. Last year was easy just riding north to Indiana then riding west on 'the 50' for 1,100 miles.
    This years westerly transit will be somewhere in a 750 mile wide window between Texarkana and Sioux City.
    Not sure when or where i'm starting Westward Ho journey just yet.

Am sure looking forward to the Rally and meeting up with the Calif contingent
    (that hopefully will just uneventfully zip past Beaver UT this year)

As mentioned, I do have motel reservation in Kremmling. Near the Restaurants of course, so i can just walk over to meet y'all.
    Was going to book at Bob's Western motel but not staying there before but decided against it.

Jeff
    Yep, and last year you came right through KC and didn't even know you were going to until you got here. LOL. If you do again, let me know and I will make sure you get some real KC BBQ. And maybe join you for the ride to CO. Not sure if I will be riding or trailering, depends on if SWMBO comes with me. That also determines if I will be staying at the campground or a hotel.

What hotel are ya in Jeff? I better make reservations just in case.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• the Super 8
      However, the Cabins that Bonz has arranged are very nearby. Bonz can confirm this, but I thought either Campground or Cabin reservations were through the same manager at the campground. And Bonz is our single point of contact for all of us at either Cabin or Campground. btw: Cabins west side of town by creek near Super 8 and restaurants while Campground is about a mile east of downtown. All in close proximity.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Just to clarify from what I talked to the manager about. She asked that I be the the single point of contact for the campground site.

Thus, my asking everybody who will use the campground (tenting) to pitch in for the deposit.

For the cabins that would be for each person to take care of, like it would be for a hotel. I am not the point of contact for reserving those.

Hope that clears up any confusion or potential future confusion.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Bonz, do you know if the cabins have facilities or are they portables like the bed-on-skid cabins at Canon City?
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• These are like Mansions compared to Canon City. You can sleep up to 4 in it. Checkout the website.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              These are like Mansions compared to Canon City. You can sleep up to 4 in it. Checkout the website.
              Nice! Scott, sounds kinda like the ones at Santa Margarita KOA when Anita and I came to that rally.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• I'm flying in on Thursday, staying at the Super 8 and flying out probably Wednesday or Thursday.
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

• JeffH,
                  You come right on...on whatever bike you choose.
                  We just wanna see YOU and hang with ya again!
                  I always look forward to riding with ya again, Jeff.
                  (Even if you don't ride a Kawasaki....! )

3Phase,

I sure hope you can somehow swing it, bro!
                  Understand if you can't.

What's your bike situation these days?
                  Maxim? Running ok? Up to the trip?

Hey... If you don't show, just remember... that leaves me all alone to handle the electrical issues that always seem to crop up! Lol...
                  I rely on your in-depth knowlege of the 11's electricals to troubleshoot!

Hopefully, we got Bohn's electrical issues solved for good now. Seems to be.
                  Hope to see ya, Scott. Always enjoy talking to ya about stuff.
                  Bob
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Rally ho!

I'm just riding the XJ for now, Bob. It's nice to ride instead of wrench and I'm enjoying the heck out of it while I can. Sooner or later I'll find a 'tuit, then yank the engine so I can have the frame welded and I can do the piddly stuff you do with the engine out while I fix 2nd gear and add a kicker.

I really hope I can make the rally. Right now, today, it's pouring rain. We needed it for the drought but it's too much all at once so we've got a half dozen flash flood warnings instead of it soaking in. Come on, summer!

-- Scott
                    _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• You have a bike to ride if you fly out like last year, SG will be ready and willing.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Thanks, Bonz, I do appreciate that! I actually have this cunning plan to ride out to Utah on the 80, then take 35 or 40 out of Salt Lake over to Kremmling so I don't have to go anywhere near Beaver, Utah again.
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

• Sounds like a well devised plan!
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Looks like wife and I will be making res. at the Super8 there soon, caging it. But hey, always worth the trip for us just to hang and visit with you all!. At this point, looks like we'll likely have 2 or more Caly riders following us up there. Here in G.Junction seems to make for a good stop-over point for the riders, and they seem to enjoy the wifes cookin'.
                            Last edited by motoman; 02-18-2017, 09:35 PM.
                            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Your place in Grand Junction is a perfect stop over. Then it's a nice 170-ish mile ride to Kremmling.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Basic web page for this rally is up. Link is:
                                http://www.appleattic.net/Kremmling-2017/Kremmling.htm

let me know of corrections or changes that I need to make!
                                Jerry Fields
                                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                                '06 Concours
                                My Galleries Page.
                                My Blog Page.
                                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                                X