2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever decide on a date. I got lost in all the kawasaki talk. :P

Thinking about bringing the wife with me if she wants.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

July 14-17, 2017. The same general schedule as last year. Arrive Friday, ride Saturday and Sunday, head out Monday. Yeah, we get sidetracked easily with the Kawasaki stuff.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Cool. I am really looking forward to it.
        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Check your PM Bigfoot.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            July 14-17, 2017. The same general schedule as last year. Arrive Friday, ride Saturday and Sunday, head out Monday. Yeah, we get sidetracked easily with the Kawasaki stuff.
            Location decided ?
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

^^Location^^

See first post #1-7 for info on location. It was considered to move up to Walden and that still may happen however it'll still be the same general area of the state.

Does that help?
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I thought Bohn was from Kansas City, KS side if the river. But totally forgot to mention Missouri for those of you guys on the other side of the river!
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                  ^^Location^^

See first post #1-7 for info on location. It was considered to move up to Walden and that still may happen however it'll still be the same general area of the state.

Does that help?
                  Nope Howard. General area doesn't do it.

I've been looking at this thread from the beginning, and will continue to, awaiting a definite venue. Be it a campground, motel or whatever.
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

DeanR, thank you much for the inquiry it got me into making a phone call to firm this up.

July 14, 15, 16, 17. Red Mountain Rv Park. Arrive on Friday the 14th and head out Monday the 17th. Checkout is noon on Monday.

Here is the link to the campground that we are going to reserve the site at.

http://www.redmtnrvpark.com/

It is located just about a mile east of Kremmling much closer to town and a more suitable place for our needs with motorcycles than the Wolford Mountain Campground north of Kremmling. I talked to Sarah, the manager and she also manages the campground at Wolford Mountain. I trusted her advice on that.

Please visit the URL and take a look. She says the prices have gone up a small amount but the website is not updated as of this moment.

For a single person in a two-person tent it will be $12 per night. A cabin with four twin beds runs $109 / night on Friday and $119 per night on Saturday and Sunday. Up to 4 guys could share one of those and split the cost.

We would be on a "group site" for the tents. It is a 50 foot by 70 foot sodded grass area. It has a fire ring, pavilion with a couple picnic tables and also water on it. Electricity can be provided with an extension cord if needed.

The terms for group site or cabin reservation are 50% deposit and balance upon arrival. They would like one central contact on the deposit so I would collect from each person coming and they pay the balance when they get there.

At $12 per night for 3 nights it's $36/guy. If you guys would PayPal me $20 that would keep the math easy and I will use that to take care of the deposit. I will base the deposit we pay upon how many guys send me twenty bucks.

Guys doing cabins take care of those on your own.

Paypal: hbonser611@gmail.com

Fwiw, JeffH has already reserved a hotel in town so that is an option as well.

Thanks guys!
                    Last edited by Bonz; 01-31-2017, 05:50 PM.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Perfect Howard. Thanks.
                      Looks great. Are the cabins are not at the camping area?

I'm probably 50/50 on attending at this point. We'll see how it works out.

Now we just need to get all the info in the first post so people don't need to hunt for it !
                      80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

• My understanding is the cabins are about a mile away to the west from our Campground.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                          Nope Howard. General area doesn't do it.

I've been looking at this thread from the beginning, and will continue to, awaiting a definite venue. Be it a campground, motel or whatever.
                          Actual location should be of no issue for you Dean, since you rode your STeed out here to my place and to Ouray,Colo. for the ST rally two summers ago.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                            I thought Bohn was from Kansas City, KS side if the river. But totally forgot to mention Missouri for those of you guys on the other side of the river!
                            Bohn does live in Kansas City, Kansas side. (It's actually Shawnee.)
                            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                              Bohn does live in Kansas City, Kansas side. (It's actually Shawnee.)
                              Thanks for the better detail explanation Bob! Otherwise, I was thoroughly confused as to his ACTUAL home location.

Comment

• Brant, The campground is mainly an RV park. Could you and the Mrs. haul your trailer there and join us? I think I remember you had one at the Durango rally.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X