Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koa in Walden

Looks like there is a really nice Koa in the area,
    Aaaaaaand a liquor store on site too !!!!
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Walden is where Tod, Bob and I met up with JW when we were on our way to Brant's place at the beginning of our epic trip out there.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

We found a motel there with 4 beds in one room. I think it was called The Anchor Inn or something like that. JW has a pic of him in front of the sign.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Walden is where Tod, Bob and I met up with JW when we were on our way to Brant's place at the beginning of our epic trip out there.
          I believe location your thinking of is a few hundred miles southeast of Walden.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hi Greg, Are you thinking Walsenburg? Why would you guys have met in Walden?

Kremmling to Estes Park is about 90 miles. So we're talking a 180-200 mile out and back. Kremmling to Grand Lake is 41 miles, then 48 miles on Trail Ridge Road to get to Estes Park. Since we are starting 6 miles north of Kremmling add another 12 to that total distance. Riding from Walden to Grand Lake is about 71 miles, then the 48 miles to Estes Park. That makes it about a 250 mile day.

In an earlier thread I mentioned going north from Kremmling and then heading over to Walden then back down to Granby and back to Kremmling. If we did that loop it would be a long day if we did Trail Ridge Road as part of that.

I did some reading and the Walden KOA is no more, it is now privately owned. However, reviews show decent ratings from this past summer. However, I don't think you guys met up in Walden?
            Last edited by Bonz; 12-12-2016, 07:04 PM.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Walden?........OMG........think they still 'roll-up' the street rhu town daily @7p.m..
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                Hi Greg, Are you thinking Walsenburg? Why would you guys have met in Walden?
                You are correct.............. sucks getting old.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

No worries Greg, getting older myself but that is worth a big LMAO!
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Heavens to Betsy, please don't post up any more repair shop requests or responses in the rallies thread area of the forum.

Bump.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

What are you talking about Howard? You been smokin' some of that Colorado mountain weed?
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

A week or so ago somebody posted up a thread under southwest rallies asking about repair shops in Phoenix. When it gets responded to it bumps the rally thread out of sight.

I'm simply trying to keep the rally thread section for rallies and not get miscellaneous posts.

What you smoking on down there in OKLA that thought you met up in Walden? lol! Freaking cold here today. Saw -8 this morning.

Granted, the rally thread gets sidetracked every so often but at least the rally thread is the lead thread for the section and not something totally unrelated.
                        Last edited by Bonz; 12-17-2016, 07:01 PM.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Yeah I know about that but it doesn't seem to affect this thread other than his post being off topic. We all know it's here.

Sooner or later a mod or TC will move it. It really is a non issue.

20 and just spitting a little snow here. Been sitting in the house eating, drinking beer, sleeping and watching movies all day.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

What you smoking on down there in OKLA that thought you met up in Walden? lol!
                            Kinda sounded the same and I forget stuff.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

When I nicely asked the OP (and he responded nicely too) to repost in an appropriate area he was very fine with that, so I think all's well that ends well.

I know WE all know it is there, somebody browsing on a cold winters day should be treated to rallies information in the rally section and not see off-topic threads.

OK, call me OCD when it comes to that. That's the one thing I would ever say I am close to OCD on.

I was just poking fun at you Greg. I hope I didn't hit a nerve with the "smoking down there" comment. Apologies if I did.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Bumping along.
                                Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
                                That go "bump" on the site !
                                With all this Bump-Bump-Bump i am beginning to think you are planning to take us up the one-way Old Fall River Road to the summit.
                                you providing the Jeeps or the dirt bikes?

So yes, planning on 2017. I had a great time at the Echo Canyon Rally and the 4,353 mile xs11 ride. Luckily it was no an Adventure. As motoman stated: "it only becomes an Adventure when you break down". Lets all avoid hassling with an adventure.

If i can make it i plan to ride the Cache la Poudre (CO14) anyways. I like that beautiful ride along the river. fyi: I have booked a room in Kremmling Fri-Sat-Sun but can cancel if things change. If Rally ends up at Wolford Lake as first proposed then we gotta plan some time for Motoman to give us a 'Walking Tour' of Kremmling.

Can change to Walden or wherever. Have stayed before at North Park Inn & been to that Antlers / River Rock for food in the bustling metropolis of Walden. Pretty quiet place. Sidewalks roll up a sunset.

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X