2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    Brant will keep you up late talking and if he puts you in the camper he'll forget to turn the heat on.
    Shhhhh........that was to be kept secret. BTW, wasn't intentionally done for Tod.......but hey, it worked out as such.

C.Bug...........keep the 'kitchen pass' in mind I earlier posted for a suggestion.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• BTW BA80..........hope you can make the CanonCity rally! SWMBO and I are likely coming in cage, likely following that herd that spent the nite here. Hate to miss the opportunity to bantor back and forth with ya'........again.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• still planning on it buddy but time will tell. I just moved into a new place ($$$$$$$$$$$) and Obamanomics is killing business at work.

Gonna start Ebaying stuff again soon.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Totally understand if it were to not work out........I'd just have to keep someone else up late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            CatatonicBug, you thinking of the Motoman pre-rally rally, or coming for the rally rally too?
            Oh, definitely both! No point in coming just half way, then tuning around and going home! I just like the idea of travelling in a group, as we'll be more visible to cagers and we'll have ready help in case of break-down.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
              C.Bug...........keep the 'kitchen pass' in mind I earlier posted for a suggestion.
              Not sure what a kitchen pass is, but I'm the one who would have to prep any meals for SWMBO before I left. The only cooking she does is pouring a bowl of Cheerios or a PB&J sandwich. She just doesn't like the idea of being left alone for that long. Depression sucks that way...
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                Not sure what a kitchen pass is, but I'm the one who would have to prep any meals for SWMBO before I left. The only cooking she does is pouring a bowl of Cheerios or a PB&J sandwich. She just doesn't like the idea of being left alone for that long. Depression sucks that way...
                lol.....'kitchen pass' = SWMBO pass, 'good to go'..........just keep preppin' those meals prior!

Comment

• Free Publicity:
                  I see that the CO XS Rally is listed by Motorcycle Colorado in their Rides, Runs, Rally section at motorcyclecolorado.com

http://www.motorcyclecolorado.com/rides_and_rallies.htm

Event: Rumble In The Rockies
                  Organization: Yamaha XS11 Owner’s Association
                  Date: Friday, July 15 to Monday, July 18
                  Cost: $15 for camping all weekend; other lodging and all meals are attendee’s responsibility
                  Information: http://www.appleattic.net/Co_2016/

Neat to get a couple walk-ins. Even better to get some surprise XSives show up.
                  In 30 days I will be heading west
                  Very much looking forward to the campfires, rides and seeing everyone.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• That is some great PR! Yeehaw!

With that said if 8 guys had paid $15 deposit that would have covered just under half of the cost based on 8 individual bodies camping at the group site. It isn't accurate that they are saying $15 for the whole weekend because that is the deposit amount to help defray my out-of-pocket in reserving the campsite, but I don't expect more than a total of $30 per person.

Did another reconnaissance ride today down to Bishop's Castle, looped around through Westcliff and back through Cripple Creek & Victor then home to Palmer Lake. Wanted to check out all of the roads and everything looks wonderful.

Obviously that's a much larger ride then we will be doing for the rally given where I started from. Starting from Canon City area those rides will be really fun with some local places to eat in the towns on the way.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Oh buddy! Did another recon ride this morning to Guffey and the Bullmoose Restaurant. That was some delicious food and plenty of room for a bunch of guys like us. About a 30-35 minute ride from the campground, great start to the day and a great breakfast for the price. $9.95 for a chicken fried steak, a biscuit with gravy, hasbrowns and eggs. Lots of other great menu items too.

Just keeping you guys that might be on the fence considering your options!

Lord, there is some good riding to be had out here...
                      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                        Oh buddy! Did another recon ride this morning to Guffey and the Bullmoose Restaurant. That was some delicious food and plenty of room for a bunch of guys like us. About a 30-35 minute ride from the campground, great start to the day and a great breakfast for the price. $9.95 for a chicken fried steak, a biscuit with gravy, hasbrowns and eggs. Lots of other great menu items too.

lol.......if I fell off the fence in right direction, do they also have pie/coffee(pie is synomous with ST riders) for us ole' STeed riders....even if riding in cages?.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH
                          Free Publicity:
                          I see that the CO XS Rally is listed by Motorcycle Colorado in their Rides, Runs, Rally section at motorcyclecolorado.com
                          Not by accident...I submitted the ride, as I have for other Colorado rallies, to get it listed on their calendar. My mistake on the camping fee. If anyone shows up from this I will make up the difference.

The Motorcycle Colorado web site has many interesting articles and I would recommend taking a look at it. The link to their home page is:

http://http://www.motorcyclecolorado.com/
                          Last edited by Jerry; 06-13-2016, 08:29 AM.
                          Jerry Fields
                          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                          '06 Concours
                          My Galleries Page.
                          My Blog Page.
                          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• on the fence,,,,

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                            Oh buddy! Did another recon ride this morning to Guffey and the Bullmoose Restaurant. That was some delicious food and plenty of room for a bunch of guys like us. About a 30-35 minute ride from the campground, great start to the day and a great breakfast for the price. $9.95 for a chicken fried steak, a biscuit with gravy, hasbrowns and eggs. Lots of other great menu items too.

Yes there is!!

I am so high on the fence that I can almost taste it from here. Moving up to the top of the fence post, I can see it in my minds eye. Sadly, No I do not believe I will be attending. Obligations to wife in Sickness and health... I wish I had turned into a health and fitness nut and dragged her along years ago...
                            For others on the fence, I have ridden some of it, and want more. Ride when you can. Next year, Later, and someday does not always work well. Ride when you can. Please take and post pictures and stories. I will be lurking...(But is really NOT the same)
                            PS I am happy for all those who can attend, even if on 4 wheels
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Brent,
                              Sorry to hear we won't be able to see you at this one.

Prayers sent for the Mrs.
                              Sorry to hear she's not doing well.
                              Understand, though. Good man for taking care of her.

We'll hope to see you soon at the next one.

I'll try to take pics and post for ya.
                              Bob
                              '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Yeah, Brant, they have some sweets for you! And a bottomless coffee pot.

Menu...

http://www.thebullmooseinguffey.com/menu.php

Sorry you won't make it, Brent. Thanks for giving it some thought and keep fighting the good fight.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X