X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before it's too late .

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    It's nice to see so much interest in the upcoming rally here in Colorado ,
    If there is anyone that might might be unsure about coming because there is an unfinished project at home or some other neglected project,please consider this .......
    Our days are numbered in this life ,I very recently lost my next oldest brother just barely 59 yrs. old ....I just about had him convinced to join in the upcoming rally and though he was not a highly skilled rider I know he would have enjoyed meeting and riding with us ,
    I am not seeking sympathy just hoping to remind you that SOME things can wait ,The grim reaper seldom does .
    I think I might have to ride his XJ 650 midnight special in his honor ....
    See ya in July
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Hey, Joe...
      Sorry to hear of your brother's passing.
      Wish I could have had the opportunity to ride with him and met him at the rally.

You're absolutely correct... (notice I didn't say "right"? Lol...)

Look forward to seeing you again at the rally.

My deepest condolances.
      Bob
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• I am sorry to hear that, Joe. I think the 650 Maxim Midnight Special would be a great ride for the rally.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Joe, sorry to hear about your brother. You will have to tell us about him during the CO Rally. I pray his family is getting along ok and that you and the other siblings are coping ok as well. 59 is so young. We can do some miles in his honor if that's good with you.

You are 100% on point reminding us that we should not get caught up postponing things that we really enjoy doing. So often life gets in the way keeping us from doing the few things we would like to do. Like our bucket list. There is usually a way to get away but that can be challenging for sure. The proverbial health, time, money, other commitments.

I'm looking forward to another ride out to Colorado. Nice roads and great scenery always make it very enjoyable. Plus some great XSive fellowship. Countdown = 65 days. Hope now that we are just a couple months out that a few more can arrange their plans to join us whether via bike or cage or motor-home or RV.

I'm planning on leaving Atlanta on July 10th. Leaving a little weather flexibility in the ride plan in case any tornado's or super cell T's pop up in the middle (IN, IL, MO, KS). Still planning to ride the 11E unless I break something during upcoming maintenance. Even got my motels booked along the Nifty-Fifty staying over in KY, IL, MO, KS & Pueblo.

Jeff
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Glad to hear your gonna' make a go at it on the XS Jeff! Definitely wouldn't catch me trying to do a LD ride on a scoot through that area right now!
            SWMBO and I are still considering 'caging' it to Canon for the rally just to visit with you and the rest attending.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Aslo Jeff, SWMBO and I sure enjoyed having barbeque lunch with you and your riding friend last fall when you were here on your 1800Wings!.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• JeffH, check your PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                  Even got my motels booked along the Nifty-Fifty staying over in KY, IL, MO, KS & Pueblo.

Jeff
                  You gonna be passing through Wichita? If so, when?
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• XJOK2PLAY, check your PMs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                      You gonna be passing through Wichita? If so, when?
                      Passing through Newton (30 miles north) about 11am Wednesday 13th heading for a good old western shootout at sunset in Dodge City.

Jeff
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                        Passing through Newton (30 miles north) about 11am Wednesday 13th heading for a good old western shootout at sunset in Dodge City.

Jeff
                        That's a day before I'll be there. Probably stay the night in Wichita the 14th at Ivans if he'll let me. Then catch I 400 into Colorado 15th AM.

Why are you going so far north?
                        Last edited by BA80; 05-12-2016, 07:55 PM.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I-400? What road is that?
                          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                            I-400? What road is that?
                            .......with the whacked out GPS he uses that ends up sending you out in some unknown corn field......your guess is as good as mine. May be just one to many zeros....but who knows?

Comment

• 400 heads straight west out of Witchita, Ks.
                              Through Kingman, Pratt, Ford...
                              Goes through Dodge City, Garden City, that direction.
                              Not sure it's an interstate, though.

Better route choice for Greg... 'cause his bike's (a) "Special."
                              '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• That's the highway we were on when we rode through the tornado headed to Brant's last spring Bob. Remember the 50 mph cross wind, heavy rain and it looked like the sky was going to drop on us at any moment.

It's a 2 lane.
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X