No announcement yet.

2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone please update the information about this rally? Digging through all the pages is a chore...specifically the date...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Colorado Rally 2016

July 15-18 Canon City, Colorado.

Echo Canyon Campground at the Royal Gorge for the group tenting site

Hotels/Motels in Canon City

Here is the link Jerry made for the Rally.

2016 Rumble in the Rockies

http://www.appleattic.net/Co_2016/
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Thanks Bonz...Nice job with the web page Jerry
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Unfortunately these dates dont work for me...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Unfortunately these dates dont work for me...
            ........still mimmicking the roulette wheel...........why does that not surprise me.
            Last edited by motoman; 04-21-2016, 04:00 PM.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im
              Thanks Bonz...Nice job with the web page Jerry
              Its a pretty basic web page but it does provide a summary of rally details. JAT...is there a chance the XS11.com site could incorporate a web page (or more than one) for rallies? Or a page for links to other rally pages?

I started doing this several years ago just to have a place to go to for info rather than to have to dig through pages of a thread. Mostly for my own use!

Since I own my own domain I can put up pages for rallies or other events pretty easily. If anyone has an event, motorcycle or other, that could benefit from a web page let me know and we can whip something up.

In this era of social media personal web pages are becoming "old school" but I still enjoy working with mine. Check out the Galleries page for photos of XS rallies going back to 2000. I have not made a rally every year since then (have missed 2 years) but have photos from 14 rallies and an Owner's Gallery that some of you might find interesting.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                ........still mimmicking the roulette wheel...........why does that not surprise me.
                especially now that I am a pensioner and get one check a month...the dates are never the same from one month to the next so it is a crap shoot as to when the greens are in the bank and matching it to rally dates...... WestSTOC in Grand Jct. looks to be a better fit...but that is not a statement of intent...just an observation at this point...
                Last edited by madmax-im; 04-23-2016, 03:52 AM.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

especially now that I am a pensioner and get one check a month...the dates are never the same from one month to the next so it is a crap shoot as to when the greens are in the bank and matching it to rally dates...... WestSTOC in Grand Jct. looks to be a better fit...but that is not a statement of intent...just an observation at this point...
                  You could always be a WalMart greeter for supplemental income.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

That it should be with several hundred folks there. Figure I'd at least run out to the motel and meet a few of them.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• WestSTOC is always 300+...that's a lot of meeting. ..
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

WestSTOC is always 300+...that's a lot of meeting. ..
                        Yeppers......and why IMO our XS rallies are way more fun....more riding and less meeting.

Comment

• I just realized that I might be able to attend this one! Just need to clear it with SWMBO, but I wanna come too!
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold
                          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                          -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                            I just realized that I might be able to attend this one! Just need to clear it with SWMBO, but I wanna come too!
                            A kitchen pass works.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              Yeppers......and why IMO our XS rallies are way more fun....more riding and less meeting.
                              No doubt 'bout that Brant...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Nice to hear, CatatonicBug!
                                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
                                X