2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
    Don't know how or what is going with Scott .
    I got a new phone and lost his number ..
    Maybe Motoman Capton Zap or Bonz have it ?
    Hopefully he'll Check in soon !!
    Merry Christmas to all of my fellow XSers
    Called him last nite on the phone. Hadn't put his bike together as of yet. His Mon dropped doing the chemo therapy and is going downhill fast. Since having the stent put in and on large doses of bloob thinners, he just glad to see the sunrise every day. He has also shut down his account here and may re-activate it at a later date. Said his phone has been dropped to many times and doesn't re-charge correctly. Charger is fine but phone isn't. So, there you go, for any of those questioning his situation.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
      You are a prime candidate for a can-am Spyder. Some good used ones showing up on the market now, and they are a royal hoot to ride. To me, they are a whole lot more sporty than any trike or sidecar outfit. If you aren't on two wheels going Mach 2 with your hair on fire, you ain't happy. So, a spyder will let you go mach 3 with your hair on fire in a very stable manner.
      Don't care to fell like I'm sittin' on the ground, and their visibility IS extremly poor.......nice try though. How bout a Miata covertible(BMW wanna' be)?
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

All I will say again is SPYDER.

Slingshot is cool, as big as a car dimensionally. Electric bikes are lighter weight, just wondering how I'm gonna arrange a solar panel array and haul it around on group rides so he can keep a charge up!
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

All I will say again is SPYDER.

Slingshot is cool, as big as a car dimensionally. Electric bikes are lighter weight, just wondering how I'm gonna arrange a solar panel array and haul it around on group rides so he can keep a charge up!
          EASY...........a long cord and a trailer oughta' slow you down a bit..............even slower if I'm on a

Spyder having to dodge oncoming cages!
          Last edited by motoman; 12-26-2015, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by visibility is poor and dodging on-coming cagers? Have you ridden one? You sit up nice and high for a great view of the road, and the frontal area of the Spyder is like that of a small car for being seen. Plus, they don't tip over...

With regards to Scott, his mom is not doing well? And he had a stent put in? That is a lot going on and stress for sure.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

3 Phase .......outriggers ?

Motoman Thank you for the update on Scott ,
              I was aware of his medical condition ,and that his mom wasn't doing very well.
              I was not aware her condition was deteriorating ...My thoughts and prayers are with you Scott ...stay strong my friend ....
              Brant , Saw a set of outriggers on a bike in a mc magazine testing session once long ago ...I wonder if you might devise something to prevent accidental tip overs for safeties sake or peace of mind ?...Kinda like training wheels
              Better than not riding !!!!
              78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Can Am Spyder is a whole lot better than outriggers...
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Can Am Spyder is a whole lot better than outriggers...
                  I agree, Howard.

I took a test ride during a demo day up in KC last year with a friend.
                  While they aren't quite like riding a motorcycle in some ways, in other ways they are.

Biggest differences I saw were not having to put my feet down at a stop, using a gear shift and that the brake has to be on to start it, steering it with my arms instead of leaning, having to watch the wide front end at all times especially in corners, having a reverse, and learning that it will stick in a sharp high speed curve a lot better than I could! Other than that...

But, when the day comes that I still wanna ride, but can't do it on 2 wheels anymore, I'd definitely consider one.

Plus, they're pretty comfy if you're riding 2up on long trips.

I was just surprised their trunk storage wasn't big enough for 2 full-faced helmets...

Guess that's why they get to sell the matching trailer...
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

I did a demo day when they first came out in 2007-ish, and was totally taken with them. The technology back then that has been continually developed is amazing. Stability control, Traction control, ABS and a manual or semi-auto tranny. The gearing is pretty short to let the Rotax 1000 cc V-Twin deal with moving a fairly heavy machine, so rpm is fairly high at any given speed. Overall, it is a legitimate machine that bears looking at for folks that need or want what it offers. And with the big in-line triple they introduced this year to go along with the V-twin, the engine has more poke and runs more leisurely at all speeds.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

I don't know

Not wanting to debate outriggers versus Spyder here .
                      For my money if it has more than one wheel up front , cannot be leaned into a corner or has a reverse gear it isn't really a motorcycle .
                      This coming from a guy(me) with no windshield fairings or bags either !
                      Each to their own , as long as you enjoy the ride !!
                      78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Nah, not debating whether it's a motorcycle or not. Definitely not a motorcycle in the pure sense of the definition. However for someone who can't or shouldn't ride a motorcycle anymore, it's a great way to keep your head in the wind. Those things can absolutely hustle through the twisties probably as fast or faster than a bike in some cases, like a go-kart.
                        Last edited by Bonz; 12-28-2015, 10:54 AM.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Agreed !

I wholeheartedly agree Howard ,
                          Having your head in the wind IS the most important thing !!
                          Btw any help you might need organizing a rally this year just let me know .

Comment

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
                            I wholeheartedly agree Howard ,
                            Having your head in the wind IS the most important thing !!
                            Btw any help you might need organizing a rally this year just let me know .
                            Joe, I still got the Venturer for grins and giggles. Snce buying it new, it'll be with me till I no longer can ride two-wheels. Like I previously stated, the Super T(Tenere) would be my near future choice. It's a 'shaftie' and does it all well and has a minimum matenance. With one of those scoots, gravel roads OR single-trac would just suit me fine, and they do very well on interstate slabs for LD riding. The blue color with gold accents of an early, hardly ridden one would be of my favorite!
                            Last edited by motoman; 12-30-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I like that bike too, Motoman! Tall seat height... You ain't the longest of inseam, though. Can you get a lower seat?
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

I like that bike too, Motoman! Tall seat height... You ain't the longest of inseam, though. Can you get a lower seat?
                                Would'mt need it Bonz! At 5'10", could ALWAYS flatfoot ALL my moto-cross 250cc and 450-501cc(yeppers, 501 Maico was a hoot to ride on the track) bikes. The Super T would'nt be any different. Thanks for that thought though.

Comment

Working...
                                X