No announcement yet.

2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear some fresh names in the conversations. Welcome, tcoop!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by tcoop View Post
      That is definitely ab option. I really do not like long stretches on the interstates. The back roads are almost always better for riding.
      My suggested route would be your best bet..........have done both routes to S.L. and back many a time riding a scoot, both the ST and Venturer. The Venturer was way more 'happy' ridden the 'back' way from and to here.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Reservation made!

Reservation is made for July 15-18, 2016 at the Echo Canyon Campground, just west of Canon City on Hwy 50 by the Royal Gorge (same group tent campimg site we had last time). For round numbers sake, the total cost is $260 for the three night stay, beginning on Friday July 15th and leaving on Monday the 18th. They asked the 50% deposit be paid in the next 2-3 weeks with the balance due two weeks before arrival. I am a "poor student" at the moment, going back to school getting my masters degree and student teaching-full time, so if guys would PayPal $15 each for the deposit that will cover it I suspect, and any extra will go toward the remainder. PayPal: hbonser611@gmail.com

Lodging is easily had in Canon City at this point also for guys wanting to do that. Bob (XJOK2PLAY) and Bohn Frazier stayed in a hotel/motel last time and it worked well. So don't be bashful if you dont like camping. And if you don't have an XS/XJ, don't fret, we had "orphan" riders in '14 on a Kawasaki C14, BMW GS1200 and a Kawasaki Nomad 1500. Just gotta get Roo's clutch bled and copacetic before going up Pikes Peak...

There are 2 small rustic cabins (1 queen bed each) and 1 larger cabin (1 queen bed and 1 bunk bed with double on the bottom and single on top) for rent at the campground for those whoe don't want to tent camp. Rustic equates to you use the community bathhouses and no kitchen, but they have electricity. $50 per night for the small cabins, $55 for the larger cabin. All three are available at this point. I talked with Tabatha today for the reservation, she was great.

www.echocanyoncampground.com

Talked to CZ, he is going to be coming as well.

Just sitting out a 2 day blizzard here in Palmer Lake, pushing 20" I bet.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Hey Bonz,
          Sounds great!
          I heard from my GF's parents who live nearby you that same snow report.

All I can say is........Ain't happenin' here, that goodness!

Bohn and I plan to do a repeat of '14 on the motel.
          That place worked out well, and the lady that owns it was super nice.
          Reasonable rate, with a good place to park Bohn's truck/trailer.

I've talked with several about inviting them to come.
          Miles said he'd do his best to get off of work to join us.
          He's in Aurora now.
          Looking forward to seeing all you guys again.
          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Reservation made - small cabin. Looking forward to it!

I'll be putting a basic web page together and will post in this thread once it is up and running. If there is an agenda or planned rides let me known and I'll add them to the web page as we go along. I'll also list attendees if you let me know when you have confirmed a reservation or commit to attend.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thank you Jerry! Happy you are coming. The campground called and let me know you had reserved a cabin. Will post a list in the next couple of days of names.
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

As Jerry said, Reservation made (i've booked the other Rustic Cabin for the weekend).

Not sure I'll ride my xs11, so will have to wait and see about that.
                Got other newer equipment available if needed that is more rainproof.

Will get into eastern Colorado on Thurs 14th then be-bop into Echo Canyon area for lunch then cabin check-in @2pm Friday.

Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

What route will you be taking Jeff?
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    What route will you be taking Jeff?
                    My favorite crossing is 166/160 but it will be the 'Loogootee 50' i'm sure. (your US412 isn't bad either now after they fixed the horrible pavement between Guymon & Enid)
                    So the big ATL to Loogootee Indiana to jump on US 50.
                    Then its pretty idiot proof all the way to the campground; just follow the US 50 signs.
                    (as long as I don't have Sacramento on my mind and just blow by the campground since the west end of US50 where i'd like/need to go)

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                      My favorite crossing is 166/160 but it will be the 'Loogootee 50' i'm sure. (your US412 isn't bad either now after they fixed the horrible pavement between Guymon & Enid)
                      So the big ATL to Loogootee Indiana to jump on US 50.
                      Then its pretty idiot proof all the way to the campground; just follow the US 50 signs.
                      (as long as I don't have Sacramento on my mind and just blow by the campground since the west end of US50 where i'd like/need to go)

Jeff
                      I know Bob and Bohn are planning on going, been thinking of it strongly myself. trying to get some of the other outlaws interested also. We could meet up in Wichita if you want. Ivan lives there.

That is, if everything works out.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Nice to see you coming Jeff! Thanks for letting the collective know you got the 2nd cabin. One large cabin (see "Reservation Made! Post above for description) left and plenty of room at the group site.

Keep the $15 coming via PayPal (hbonser611@gmail.com) for the deposit for group campsite, I appreciate it. Shout out to Mike in Cali for being the first to get that done.

Any and all bikes welcome, it's pretty cool to see all the XS's in formation with newer and different hardware. Great start to the Rally guys!

Names so far...

RDMCGUY (Joe in Denver, EL Toro mastermind)
                        CaptonZap (Jerry in Denver, The Patriarch)
                        Bonz (Howard, Sasquatch)
                        XJOK2PLAY (Bob, Okie from Muskogee)
                        Bohn Frazier (Bohn in KC, "They Call him Bohn, KC Bohn")
                        Jerry (Jerry in Debeque, Co "Debeque Jerry)
                        Soccer4M (Mike, California Mike)
                        Tom (Tom, California Mike's bro-in-law)
                        Roo (The Nomad in Cali)
                        tcoop (Utah, The Jazz man)
                        JeffH (Atlanta, Georgia "on my mind" Jeff)

Possibles: Miles, BA80, motoman. Anyone I missed?
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• There may be some others from the Indian Nations too Bonz. Ain't namin' names as of yet, they get touchy about that.

There is one new member here in Tulsa that might go if I do. ambisinister
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• JeffH,
                            Any chance Brent might be able to come with you?
                            Might ask him...
                            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                              JeffH,
                              Any chance Brent might be able to come with you?
                              Might ask him...
                              Did have short ride with obligatory BBQ with Brent a few days ago. Marty too.
                              Will just have to wait and see how his summer schedule pans out in a few months.
                              It would be great if things work out so he can make it.

Jeff
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Will know more this spring when I make a trial ride around the subdivision checking for a normal balance and equaliberiam. That'll also tell me if my body would also be up to a 4-5hr.ride over to Canon City......and back. Will let you all know prior to rally time. If I can make the ride, will be stayin' in a motel and not a tent this time, as it would be to difficult getting upright out of a bag. Hip wouldn't fuction correctly to even try the tent/sleeping bag thing. Good chance Mike, Roo and whoever else riding with them would make my place an overnite stop-over on the way again.Pretty sure they wouldn't wanna miss Anita's southern style cookin' whether I could make the trip or not.
                                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X