Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
    Mid July might be a little better less 4th of July traffic,
    Again, all are welcome to stop by my shack on the way in or out to hang around do any repairs or do a ride or two on some of my favorite Mt twisties
    Mid July is normally ideal weather-wise statewide.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
      Hi again Bonz,,,same question about the Lost Rally-where and when? The thread was for last year...anyway, Roo is riding his xs1100 bobber around town, his Kawi 1500 nomad for distance, the xj1100 is still the king in my stable and purring after 135k, Scott is fixing his Columbo?, Motoman sounds like he might be riding soon and hoping a late July, August Colo. rally can happen....the xs,xj are ready to rumble......Mike in Sun Diego
      Sounds like you'll be iching for another ride west?...........Me casa is STILL a most welcomed stop-off point for u'all. (still haven't forgotten bout the wash-wax and polishing my Venturer got from u'all when I was in hospital!) Still setting that way in the man-cave with bike cover over it.
      Last edited by motoman; 12-13-2015, 12:57 AM.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Scotty could have a completed genetic reproduction of Columbo done by now. Haven't seen him around here in a while, wasn't he taking a hiatus to work on something?

Lord, this snow is killing me! Another 12" overnight and into today. Had a solid 20" a few weeks ago, and 8" in between. I was really fortunate to get out on Friday of last week to get each bike some exercise, for about 60 miles total between the bikes. It'll be awhile now until they see the light of day.

Jerry- Don't want to keep you out of the planning/organization for the rally, you were the genius behind the Durango rally style that I/we tried to emulate for the 2014 Colorado Rally. Please feel free to join in all you want or as little as you want.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Bonz:

I appreciate that. Its just my summers are getting very busy; this last year I put fewer miles on my bike than anytime since I resumed riding in 1993, maybe 5K miles total. Lots of weekends were spent working on our lot in central Colorado or riding my ATV around Colorado's back country / mining areas / 4x4 trails. I will continue to make at least 1 rally a year but the diverse activities cut into my riding time. Besides, I've been on the list since 1999 and always enjoy the new blood / new ideas of more recent members.

If you like me to pre-ride routes, check campgrounds or eateries, or help with route planning I would be glad to help, just let me know what you need done.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            Scotty could have a completed genetic reproduction of Columbo done by now. Haven't seen him around here in a while, wasn't he taking a hiatus to work on something?

Lord, this snow is killing me! Another 12" overnight and into today. Had a solid 20" a few weeks ago, and 8" in between. I was really fortunate to get out on Friday of last week to get each bike some exercise, for about 60 miles total between the bikes. It'll be awhile now until they see the light of day.

Jerry- Don't want to keep you out of the planning/organization for the rally, you were the genius behind the Durango rally style that I/we tried to emulate for the 2014 Colorado Rally. Please feel free to join in all you want or as little as you want.
            Guess it would'nt count I innitiated that rally including setting up the Bar D Wranglers dinner and camp location

Comment

I think Scott had himself deleted from this board. Only Scott knows why for sure.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hey Brant, Jerry did the ride organization and leading as far as I knew, wasn't meaning to leave you out. It was my first rally meeting you guys and you were a huge part of welcoming me into the fray, my apologies in the highest order for that mess-up.

With respect to 3-Phase, anyone got contact info? Did he get in a urinary Olympiad over something and bowed out? I see posts up to the end of summer, and recall him saying he was going to work on his bike. Just found the post where he gassed himself and said he was shutting down on XS11. Bummer.
                Last edited by Bonz; 12-17-2015, 11:00 PM.
                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Hey Brant, Jerry did the ride organization and leading as far as I knew, wasn't meaning to leave you out. It was my first rally meeting you guys and you were a huge part of welcoming me into the fray, my apologies in the highest order for that mess-up.

With respect to 3-Phase, anyone got contact info? Did he get in a urinary Olympiad over something and bowed out? I see posts up to the end of summer, and recall him saying he was going to work on his bike. Just found the post where he gassed himself and said he was shutting down on XS11. Bummer.
                  No issue with that Howard. All of them at the Cali.Rally the yr. prior around the campfire elected me to put on a Colo.Rally the following summer. The voting out numbered me. Jerry was a huge help with the posting of pics and pics of route information and pics of the Bar-D Wrangler info. BTW, was just messin' with ya' anyways.

Comment

You wanna take the lead on doing a Colo Rally? Happy to help and do what you need for help. Be a good project, as you keep getting back to yourself.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

3 Phase

Don't know how or what is going with Scott .
                      I got a new phone and lost his number ..
                      Maybe Motoman Capton Zap or Bonz have it ?
                      Hopefully he'll Check in soon !!
                      Merry Christmas to all of my fellow XSers
                      78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

You wanna take the lead on doing a Colo Rally? Happy to help and do what you need for help. Be a good project, as you keep getting back to yourself.
                        Thanks, but no thanks. Have to see in the spring whether I can ride and stay upright first. If that doesn't go well, a Wing trike could easily be had.

Comment

Heck Brant, just go with a trike and call it good!
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Heck Brant, just go with a trike and call it good!
                            With or without pedals?. Least one missing the pedals I could hack, wack and chop like some of the young and clueless try to do on here,......OMG!
                            Last edited by motoman; 12-21-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

You are a prime candidate for a can-am Spyder. Some good used ones showing up on the market now, and they are a royal hoot to ride. To me, they are a whole lot more sporty than any trike or sidecar outfit. If you aren't on two wheels going Mach 2 with your hair on fire, you ain't happy. So, a spyder will let you go mach 3 with your hair on fire in a very stable manner.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

How about one of these Brant:

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/slingshot-sl

I'd post a picture but it's a pain on XS11.

Saw a couple the other day, as well as Can Ams and these electrics:

http://www.countryrode.com/zero/
                                80 SG
                                81 SH in parts
                                99 ST1100
                                91 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X