• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
    Haha...
    Ride safe and arrive safe, my friend.
    Venturer's are cool!
    That they are Bob!...........and in the early yrs. when buying mine new, nothing out there on the rode could touch it, not even when touring LD rides two-up.
    Last edited by motoman; 04-02-2016, 02:37 PM.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Some nice riding weather on the front range today! Got all 3 bikes out for a ride and wash. The 80SG is such a clean and pleasant bike to ride, along with that extreme smoothness like no other inline 4 cyl I have ever owned.

Gonna want some stainless front lines before riding season really kicks in.

Anyone have a set for a Special they wanna deal on?
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• I don't remember seeing anything about a cut-off date for sending funds for the Campground reservations. Is there a deadline?
        79 XS1100F, Stored for 20 years, Indigo Blue, Original Paint with hand pin stripe dated in 79 (except one side cover is now primered), 10,000 miles!

79 XS1100F, Dead/parts.

Comment

• I'm taking $15 deposits from guys that think they're going to use the campsite. That helps cover the 50% deposit on the campsite.

If you do Pay Pal it is hbonser611@gmail.com
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Just checking in on potential attendees!

Anyone else becoming more sure they will come?

Been GREAT riding weather the past week here in Colorado, 60-70 degree temps. Staring down the barrel of a big "snow event" starting tomorrow night through Sunday however... 16"+ is the forecast for where I live in the Palmer Lake/Monument area. We call that an "Albuquerque low" where the moisture comes in from the south and gets pinned back up against the front range and sits for days at a time.

Anyway, it'll be good weather and good times come July for the Rally!
            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              Just checking in on potential attendees!

Anyone else becoming more sure they will come?

Been GREAT riding weather the past week here in Colorado, 60-70 degree temps. Staring down the barrel of a big "snow event" starting tomorrow night through Sunday however... 16"+ is the forecast for where I live in the Palmer Lake/Monument area. We call that an "Albuquerque low" where the moisture comes in from the south and gets pinned back up against the front range and sits for days at a time.

Anyway, it'll be good weather and good times come July for the Rally!
              Got some more overcast and windy here that'll be white once backed up against the 'hill' before it jumps over your way.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• what are the chances of me tagging along with the midwest contingent??...might have to trailer to Okie-land tho'...oh and 85 is max. for me...this isnt a deathrace...LOL
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I'll be there

Howdy yall ,
                  I am looking forward to the rally this year, it will be great to see some familiar faces and hope to meet some new ones too .
                  I will double check all exhaust fasteners as to not lose megaphone again ...lol and Will probably bring "El Toro " for a few laughs too ...
                  See ya there !
                  78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Western Colorado has snow today, continuing through the weekend. My commute in saw slush building up on the side of I-70 near the city of Rifle. Rode the bike to work last week but doesn't look good for the coming week. Still have the blade on the John Deere garden tractor...just in case.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                      what are the chances of me tagging along with the midwest contingent??...might have to trailer to Okie-land tho'...oh and 85 is max. for me...this isnt a deathrace...LOL
                      Imagine you'd enjoy some REAL riding terrain/scenery Ben........... commit and get'r' done buddy.

Comment

• 85 is max for most of us, since that's as much as the speedo will show...

In any case, the riding we do isn't about the raw speed, the fun is in the comraderie and the riding is fun because of the twisties on a lot of the roads and incredible scenery.

When I lead, I might be considered a "Grandma". I know these roads very well so the pace will have no surprises for those that are riding the roads for the first time. Colorado has pretty decent speed limits, and a a good bit of two lane is 60-65 mph.

I wanna make it back to the campground and have some fun around the campfire, making silly choices with speed when group riding doesn't jive with that goal. We have enough trouble keeping Joe's muffler on his bike that we don't want to leave him in our wake any more than he already is... Ha! Lord, what a circle-jerk that episode was as we headed to lunch in Westcliffe! Joe, turn left, right?
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Nifty Fifty

Colorado Rally - looking forward to it.
                          Still planning to ride the Nifty Fifty (US50).
                          Likely leave Atlanta a week ahead then ride up to Loogootee and jump on US50 West for 1,100 miles.
                          Get into Dodge City on Wednesday.

Where's Waldo? (no points for saying somewhere on US50)

Seems ALL Roads lead to an XS Rally opportunity

Hey riders from east of Canon City, you went too far west if you get here on the 50'

Sure wouldn't want to miss that STOP Sign at the end of 149 after Poker Alice stop.
                          Do more than bend the forks

extra riding, DECISIONS, Monitor or Saguache? both real good

FWIW: the Calif guys its also 1,100 miles from the western end of US50 to Rally all via US50. say Jailhouse in Ely.
                          right by Motoman in Grand Junction too.

Starting some work on XS11 this weekend. Besides tires, I need to get rid of the scotch tape on the pickup coil wire. Embarrassed to say I rode the Key West Rally with scotch tape on the wire. (used scotch since too oily for electric tape to hold) Also the TC fuse box has been laying around 4 years while I've got electrical tape holding 1/2 the glass fuse tab to the fuse. Been pressing my luck with that but got me to Canada and Key West that way.

That's about it for now except to say: El Toro looking forward to seeing El Toro in person. way cool ................ looking forward to seeing y'all in July

Jeff
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• ha ha ha ha.....

Looks like I'll be riding over by my lonesome if I go. Unless I can talk someone that DOESN'T have a wrecked bike into going with.

Bob and Bohn are gonna Harley haul in on the super slab, I 70. I'll most likely cut across from Wichita on 400.

There's a woman on my phone that tells me where to go. Women been doing that to me all my life.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                              Western Colorado has snow today, continuing through the weekend. My commute in saw slush building up on the side of I-70 near the city of Rifle. Rode the bike to work last week but doesn't look good for the coming week. Still have the blade on the John Deere garden tractor...just in case.
                              Must of got the tail end of that front the 20mi. your direction. Nothing here cept a bit cooler weather.

Comment

• Hey riders from east of Canon City, you went too far west if you get here on the 50'

Sure wouldn't want to miss that STOP Sign at the end of 149 after Poker Alice stop.
                                Do more than bend the forks
                                Yeppers Jeff.......bout 5 min. to Gunnison and 40min. to Montrose. And from that spot bout 1 1/2 hrs. to my house. Be safe my friend and ATGATT!.

Comment

Working...
                                X