2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard,

I am looking at getting up there and tooling around leading up to the rally, and will likely be able to join up in camping for Friday night where everyone is staying - if there is room for another bedroll. Can I Venmo or PayPal you or someone else?

I will hang a bit on Sat morning for breakfast and maybe an early morning run but need to be headed back home on Saturday as I will have to be home by Sunday to travel for work on Monday. At least I will get to see some folks even if briefly.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• That sounds awesome JW! I have a quick break from coaching basketball camp at the United States Air Force Academy and wanted to say how excited I am to see you again.

For one night I'll let you know what you owe once you get there. Won't be much though.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
        Howard,

I am looking at getting up there and tooling around leading up to the rally, and will likely be able to join up in camping for Friday night where everyone is staying - if there is room for another bedroll. Can I Venmo or PayPal you or someone else?

I will hang a bit on Sat morning for breakfast and maybe an early morning run but need to be headed back home on Saturday as I will have to be home by Sunday to travel for work on Monday. At least I will get to see some folks even if briefly.

John
        ......presume that'll be on two wheels John?........if so, remember to keep those r's down around 5K for LD riding on the slab........no hurry, just get here with bike still runnin' nicely and no repeat of what previously happened. I'm sure the SWMBO didn't enjoy draggin' that trailer north that far from San Antonio in order to rescue you.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Cool, John! Will you be ridin' in on Old Navy?
          Be good to see both of you again! Lol...
          Bob
          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• JW,

Saturday morning will be the Bishops Castle ride, south from the campground. If you are riding and not trailering, it would be heading your way. You can hook up with I-25 or other roads going south easily from there to keep heading home.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Yes I plan to be on two wheels on the Navy bike with the new engine. Unsure yet exactly how I am working it out with other family stuff happening in Missouri and California the first week of July. I will think of something.

Looking fwd to seeing y'all again too.

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Good deal!
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• I need to go back through this thread with a finer-toothed comb but I think I'm going to try for the Rally this year. I still need to put Columbo's engine back together or find another one that I don't have to fool with.

If that doesn't work I can borrow a bike and ride out to the rally or I can totally cheat and buy a plane ticket, then find something when I get to Denver but there are not going to be any trailers or U-Hauls this time -- ~$500 to bring home a $50 motorcycle!

Toro! (MOOO!)

-- Scott
                  _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• The 80SG is available. I'm going to ride the ZRX 1200 this year.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• The return of 3 phase

Hey Scott,
                      It would be great if you can make it here for the rally ,If you decide to cheat and fly in to Denver let me know, I'll pick you up at the airport and you can hang out here at my casa , I also could loan you one of my spare 11's for the rally or you could ride one of my 650 maxims, Shoot me a pm or call me at 303-204-5886....
                      78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Bonz, you should be getting a call from Echo Canyon.

I called the campground and the cabins are all booked for that weekend so it's Campsite 77; one less thing on the list.

-- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                          Bonz, you should be getting a call from Echo Canyon.

I called the campground and the cabins are all booked for that weekend so it's Campsite 77; one less thing on the list.

Sounds like you pretty much commited Scott.........nice job!
                          Last edited by motoman; 06-21-2016, 02:06 PM.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Scott, you want me to give you a call still or are you good to go? Campground called and let me know you had called them but they didn't want to give out my phone number. They gave me your number per your request.

Gonna ride out or fly out and use one of the Colorado contingent bikes?
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Just to let y'all know. I'm still planning on this but I haven't booked anything because I'm still not absolutely certain I'll make it. If anyone has space in a room or a tent somewhere for a twin size air mattress and an okie who doesn't snore too bad I'll gladly pitch in. Otherwise, if I make it I'll just wing it.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                                Just to let y'all know. I'm still planning on this but I haven't booked anything because I'm still not absolutely certain I'll make it. If anyone has space in a room or a tent somewhere for a twin size air mattress and an okie who doesn't snore too bad I'll gladly pitch in. Otherwise, if I make it I'll just wing it.
                                Huge camp area (group area) so unless Howard or someone says otherwise, would imagine 'wingin'' it oughta work fine Greg......would be great to see ya' make it!......BTW, you make the ride......Anita & I will definitely make the drive.......just so's I can debate with ya'!,,,,and keep ya' up way late.
                                Last edited by motoman; 06-21-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X