No announcement yet.

2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 days worth of TV dinners and DVD's and they'll be good.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I'll make sure I print up enough for everyone, have to share.

-- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Sure wish I didn't have to cross the Great Plains to get out there with you all.
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

• Taco Bell In Canon City, right by the hotel where Bohn and Bob are staying. Maybe they can bring you breakfast!

For campground dwellers, 3Phase reminds me with his post that there are plenty of breakfast places in Canon City, but nothing right there by the campground. Bring whatever breakfast stuff with you to eat at the campground or you can ride into Canon city.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by bonz View Post
            taco bell in canon city, right by the hotel where bohn and bob are staying. Maybe they can bring you breakfast!

for campground dwellers, 3phase reminds me with his post that there are plenty of breakfast places in canon city, but nothing right there by the campground. Bring whatever breakfast stuff with you to eat at the campground or you can ride into canon city.
            no coffee!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by BA80; 06-23-2016, 07:18 AM.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Plenty of time between sunrise at 05:50 AM and 08:45 AM ride departure time to go get breakfast.

Sunrise: 05:50am - Sunset: 08:24pm
              PM Twilight: 8:55pm

Not much stargazing opportunity approaching full moon (maybe reveille at 04:00?)
              Moonrise: 5:37pm
              Moonset: 3:10am

Scott, sure glad to hear you plan to be there. That's just grand.

btw: i'll bring the trumpet because Reveille is no good without a trumpet (and a cattle prod)

Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Jeff! It'll be good to see you too!

Canon City it is for breakfast then or I get crazy stupid like Danny Trujillo without the Snickers bar and my alligator mouth out talks my hummingbird ASCII.

-- Scott
                _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Dude, 3phase you did that on our Pikes Peak ride day when you took your Taco Bell siesta at 11 in the morning during a gas stop in Woodland Park. :-) Taco Bell was your Snickers bar. You came back from across the street a new man.

Okay guys, I will bring a little stove to do coffee on in the morning. Or Joe can make the coffee run in his truck to some little Shack he found a few miles down the road from the campground.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• A coffee run ..

I can hear it now ,
                    Oh coffee boy ,drive down to your little "shack" and bring coffee ....chop chop !! don't forget the cream and sugar,......... I think they had muffins too ,
                    I'll be glad to make a run , but if you snooze , you lose , I might drink it all !
                    I'll bring a snickers bar for Scott too !!
                    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Okay, early rise and ride for a healthy breakfast it will be th... Oooh! Muffins!

You know, if I'd known what it really *meant* at the time when I got that way on the Pike's Peak ride I'd have gone to see a doctor when I got home and probably saved a trip to the E.R. with my own personal oil pressure light all lit up.

-- Scott
                      _____

Comment

• [QUOTE=XJOK2PLAY;486189]Howard,

Bohn told me today his daughter's planning to come for the majority of the rally, too. So, there's one female committed to the rally! She'll be riding 2up w/ Bohn. Are there any more ladies planning to come? Jennifer would probably enjoy it more if there were some other ladies there, I'd bet. Bohn booked her a room where we'll be staying.
                        QUOTE]

My wife was planning on coming but a parade is getting in the way(She works with the band and color guard) The band instructor has military commitments that weekend so now she is in charge. So now I'm on my own unless CatatonicBug is able to make it.
                        Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                        80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                        82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                        82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                        82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                        72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                        72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• Catatonic bug sure sounds positive if things are squared away on the homefront.

It escapes me, however I thought there was another from Utah as well tcoop, besides catatonic bug. Must already be thinking of catatonic bug as that person.

I'm really excited to meet all of you XSLegends in person.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I am looking forward to it. I am working on getting this XJ going but think i will ride the 79. I know the history of that XJ and it has never had problems ... but... it has been sitting for a few years neglected. I won't have time to put alot of miles on it between now and then.

The 79 is faster anyway.
                            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                            '82 XJ1100
                            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Hells yeah Harry! It's gonna be a hot ride through Kansas but it'll cool off the closer we get to Colorado I think.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Have any of you been up Pikes Peak lately? I spoke with a friend that was up there a couple weeks ago. Said the road was in such poor shape that would have been scared to try it without 4 wheel drive. Very deeply rutted. Said it took them 2.5 hours to reach the top. Another 1.5 hours to get back down.
                                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                                '82 XJ1100
                                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                                X