No announcement yet.

2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the speedo itself is damaged though i cant see underneath without removing it. Just a sheath and cable.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
      I don't think the speedo itself is damaged though i cant see underneath without removing it. Just a sheath and cable.

John
      Pretty sure I have a good standard cable out there if I can find it. I'll look tomorrow evening.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• CZ or Joe might have something when you get up to Denver. I don't have anything at my place though.

Sounds like Greg has something he could bring if you can wait till Friday.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• It has Special forks Greg, being an 81, not a Standard.

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

• Stop by here

Hey John ,
            You are welcome to swing by my place on the way through Denver I'm pretty sure i have a special speedo cable My phone # is 303 204 5886 give me a call an hour or so before you get here so i can be sure to be home
            78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• I will check in with you Joe if not tomorrow then Wed.

Thanks!
              John

Comment

• So, does it have a Special cable? Does it screw on at the wheel end or does it have a tab on the cable that attaches with a bolt?
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• It screws on both ends. I think its a Standard cable.

John

Comment

• Getting closer!

Would you guys traveling in from afar post up when you hit the road?

Coming from the west is going to need an alternate route besides Hwy 50 from Salida to Canon City. Hwy 50 is closed east of Salida because of the Hayden Pass Fire.

Won't affect the Rally or the rides, other than going over to Monarch Pass if some guys wanted to do that on the tail end of the Bishops Castle ride on Saturday.

I will keep posting updates and if Hwy 50 opens (not holding my breath based on the fire reports today) I will let you know.

Cali and Utah boys...

At this point, for the Pre-rally rally guys staying at Brants place on Thursday, take I-70 east out of Grand Junction, to join up with Hwy 24 (Minturn exit) and head south to Leadville and then down to Buena Vista. 2 miles or so south of Buena Vista you take a left onto Hwy 24E/285N at Johnson Village. Stay on that for a little over 13 miles and bear right onto Hwy24. At the town of Hartsel (13 miles) go right (south) on Hwy 9 and it will take you down to Hwy 50 where you go East on Hwy 50 and the campground is a couple miles on the right.

You can google it for more specifics, but that is the way I would recommend. Some nice roads to enjoy.

Edwardruth...

Coming from AZ, I am not sure how you are coming in, but Durango (Hwy 160) over to Pagosa and over Wolf Creek Pass dropping into South Fork is a beautiful ride. Continue from South Fork on Hwy 160 to Del Norte, take Hwy 112 over to join up with Hwy 285 North at the town of Center. Take 285 N to Saguache and stay on 285 N into Poncha Springs. Take 285 N out of Poncha Springs (just west of Salida) up to Johnson Village and follow Hwy 285N/24E to where you bear right on Hwy 24E from there over to Hartsel and south on Hwy 9 at Hartsel to meet up with Hwy 50. Left on Hwy 50 (east) for a mile or two and the campground is on the right.

It sucks having Hwy 50 closed east of Salida. Kind of a main artery going through that part of the state. But gives some nice roads to ride around the closure.

Ride safe! Hope Hwy 50 opens by Thursaday/Friday!
                    Last edited by Bonz; 07-12-2016, 09:01 PM.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• How are you going to get there Howard? 24West to 67 south on Phantom Canyon Rd through Adelaide? Looks pretty winding.

I will be passing through Co Springs on my way South. Send me a number and I will ping you.

John

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                        It screws on both ends. I think its a Standard cable.

John
                        Sent you a PM. Don't know why this post quoted the stuff above?

I live in Palmer Lake, north of Colo Spgs, west of Monument about 3 miles.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• My bag's packed and ready to go. I checked in and got my boarding pass for my flight tomorrow at 1PM, LAX to DEN and they gave me a window seat dead center over the port wing so there won't be much to see for the flight.
                          -- Scott
                          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                          1979 XS1100F: parts
                          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Safe travels and look forward to your arrival in the fine State of Colorado!
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                              My bag's packed and ready to go. I checked in and got my boarding pass for my flight tomorrow at 1PM, LAX to DEN and they gave me a window seat dead center over the port wing so there won't be much to see for the flight.
                              Cool!.........nuttin' but dessert anyways.......sure you don't miss ridin' across that anyways,but hey, get an arrial view of the fire though.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• We got a room at the motel west end of town(across street from the park). Hopefully by Fri. we all can come across Monarch. If not, looks like I can lead(cage-bound..lol) the pre-rally herd to Minturn and up to the 10,000ft.elev. Leadville(potato chip bags in Safeways there are REALLY blown up hard as a rock), then south, (then hang a left Bob). Hey, least that would give the scooter riders some new, unseen terrirory.........see, it's ALL GOOD in Colorado, plus they'd see ALL the HIGHEST peaks in lower 48.(ALL are 14er's). Hiway gion' south from Leadville has them ALL to the right side of hiway goin south to Buenny(Buena Vista)......Hmm, that'id make for a nice ride for the Cali/Utah herd. BTW, ALL secondary two-lane state hi-ways near the mountains in Colo. are designated Scenic Byways!
                                Last edited by motoman; 07-13-2016, 04:11 PM.
                                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X