No announcement yet.

2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call from Roo. Him and Mike(Soccer4M) are a ways east of Vegas still on I-15. Roo's bike lost oil pressure, so they are stayin at some little town. Roo said this has been a known issue with the Yoyagers, and removal of oil pump and welding of the pump shaft fixes the issue. Anyways, at this point, no Roo, no Mike. they'll hopefully keep me posted as to their demise.
    Not sure whats going on exactly with them, but Ty and Marshal are here, so we still plannin' on makin' it over there tomorrow late afternoon.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Here is the group of bikes at Joe's place in Aurora and Scott is working on an electrical issue.

And Joe on "El Toro" getting ready to load it up.

I headed down alone to Pueblo to meet up with Jeff but while waiting tooled around and found an odd statue of Martin Luther King Jr in a vacant lot.

The head is disproportionately large, and it took the artist years to get paid because of it.

Jeff finally beat the weather to Pueblo and we had a nice pizza and Vanilla Porter. Thanks Jeff!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
        I am in Pueblo. Just heard from JeffH. He should arrive by 1630. His Super8 room is paid so the extra bed I have at the Hampton Inn is free to any taker. I dont think Greg & Harry will make Pueblo tonight but y'all can fight over it if you do!

John
        Pueblo is one of the hottest cities along the front range. The hotel thing is a good idea for someone that needs it.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Fixin' to go to bed here in Wichita. Ivan is a great host.

Harry and I will be taking off early in the am. We should be rolling in Cañón City around mid afternoon
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Great updates fellows, we have our own "Sturgis convergane" going on with everyone making their way out. Thanks to all of YOU guys for the time and effort to be a part of the rally!

Just took the ZRX for a fully loaded shake-down ride, ready to roll when Joe, Scott and CZ meet at my place tomorrow a.m.. Scott, CZ and I will ride down with Joe riding "biotch" in the truck hauling down his cool bikes and campground stuff. Thanks Joe for that!

Mike and Roo, hoping for the best to get rolling again. Keep us posted.
            Last edited by Bonz; 07-14-2016, 09:04 PM.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Joe, if your haulin' a couple bikes or so, Roo, at this point has rented a car and ask me to find if you were maybe bringing a couple extra bikes. Roo just hopin' he had something to ride at the rally.
              They got Roo's bike hauled to a local shop there in Beaver, Utah. Pulled sidecover where oil pump assembly is(gear runs off the clutch assembly gear) and found the shaft mount portion stripped out. Shop told him they can easily weld that portion permanently. Roo has a pump assembly being shipped overnite, and hoping it all will work once they do the mod. to it. If the fix is lookin' iffy, he'll just leave the bike there and drive the rental following Mike tomorrow(could possibly be Sat. for them to get to rally).
              Anyways, Roo is gonna stay in cell contact with me tomorrow for any update news of his situation, and I'll just pass it forward from here.......or just give Joe, Howard or Scott a call as to his progress.
              Be safe all, and will see you tomorrow afternoon with C.Bug and Tcoop(Ty) in follow!.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Good morning all

Nice to see the updates and to hear (mostly ) good news , I will be more than happy to loan Roo one of my spare bikes if needed , Seeing as he was the only one brave enough to try El Toro at the last rally , he can choose which one to ride , Loading up in a few minutes to meet with Howard and Cz, Scott and I will be rolling in about 11 am ....See ya then
                78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Almost everybody here. Bonz waiting to hear from a few. Greg & Harry arrived mid-afternoon as they had planned. Tents setup. Run for ice and water and drinks and snacks completed (joes truck). A few rode down to Royal Gorge to check that out.

Nice day like sunny 93. Some wind but that stopped a few hours ago. Should cool off nicely tonight.
                  So 2016 CO XS Rally has begun.

the Echo Canyon XSives
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Meet and greet.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• On Friday afternoon, Bohn, his daughter Jennifer, and I went on the Royal Gorge railway (2 hour train ride along the bottom of the gorge along the Arkansas River.)

Friday sunset at Echo Canyon Campground.
                      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Anita and I sure appreciated and enjoyed hangin' out at the campground /fri. evening after we ate dinner with all the group! Super great bunch of XSer's.
                        Her and I did the motel thing in town Fri. nite and ate breakfast with them all Sat. morning. Hit the road in the cage(Escape) back home at 9:15a.m. Got home at 1:45p.m.
                        Again, always a great bunch of guys, and made Anita and I feel more than welcome, even though we were rollin' in the cage! It's about the group and friends that the XS 11 and XJ's had brought together over the yrs., whether it be on two wheels or 'caged' on four.

Comment

• Brant,
                          This bunch wouldn't be the same without you. Give your peach a greeting from The Peach State!
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                            Brant,
                            This bunch wouldn't be the same without you. Give your peach a greeting from The Peach State!
                            Thanks Marty......I DO try to keep the curve balls thrown.........and the greeting got thrown back to ya'.

Comment

• BTW, for C.Bug and Ty who are coming back through G.Junction to Salt Lake, if either bike gives you a 'broke down issue' on the road, call me and I'll be more than happy to run my diesel F-350 and trailer Canon City direction and haul either scoot to here in G. Junction or to Salt Lake City!.

Comment

• Bohn and I decided this one was a keeper...

Pictured, left to right...
                                Howard Bonser, (aka Bonz - 6'11" tall)
                                Jennifer, (Bohn's daughter- 5'2" tall)
                                Miles Baker, (6'5" tall.)

'82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                                X