No announcement yet.

2016 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it to the house this morning about 9:15. Great rally!

I'll post some pics later after I get settled.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Showoff....
      I just wish you guys had been there! It happened about 5 minutes after you left.

Glad you made it home safe. Good riding with ya again.

Nice pics Ty! Great to meet you and ride with you.
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Looked Like another Great Rally,,,,ouch

So,,,me and Roo cruised out and all was well until Beaver Utah. His Kawasaki Nomad oil pressure gear self destructed and it was off for a tow and a local shop. After two days of waiting for the only gear in the USA for the bike, we got it and it was a Dog to try and put in without splitting the cases,no luck getting it in,,,,,so,,,off to Uhaul and get a van to haul it back to Santa Barbara California. Sorry we missed the Rally and all the newbies to Colorado Rallies with the cool guys, Brant, Bohn, Bob, 3Phase, Joe, Jerry, and the big guy, Howard. Roo called and made it back ok, I cruised in on the XJ back to California with a smile knowing you guys had a blast. Maybe in the near future we can see Scott on his beloved Columbo- with many stories to tell, Motoman Brant on a cool Goldwing Trike ripping up the hills,Jerry on his ol trusty XJ with more miles than a United Jet,,,So, until the next Colo. Rally next year-? ehhhh Howard?? eyes on the road and be safe.........Mike in Sun Diego
        mike
        1982 xj1100 maxim
        1981 venture bagger
        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
        1959 wife

Comment

• Originally posted by tcoop View Post
          I was able to avoid the rain except for the last mile...
          I got dumped on one exit before I got off the freeway too!

Thanks everyone for a great time!
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
            So,,,me and Roo cruised out and all was well until Beaver Utah. His Kawasaki Nomad oil pressure gear self destructed and it was off for a tow and a local shop. After two days of waiting for the only gear in the USA for the bike, we got it and it was a Dog to try and put in without splitting the cases,no luck getting it in,,,,,so,,,off to Uhaul and get a van to haul it back to Santa Barbara California. Sorry we missed the Rally and all the newbies to Colorado Rallies with the cool guys, Brant, Bohn, Bob, 3Phase, Joe, Jerry, and the big guy, Howard. Roo called and made it back ok, I cruised in on the XJ back to California with a smile knowing you guys had a blast. Maybe in the near future we can see Scott on his beloved Columbo- with many stories to tell, Motoman Brant on a cool Goldwing Trike ripping up the hills,Jerry on his ol trusty XJ with more miles than a United Jet,,,So, until the next Colo. Rally next year-? ehhhh Howard?? eyes on the road and be safe.........Mike in Sun Diego
            Mike, it was one of the best rallies I've attended. BUT...
            It would have been even BETTER if you guys could've been there with us.
            Sorry that happened and you guys didn't make it. We sure missed seeing you guys again!
            Hope he gets his bike going again soon, and we'll be able to catch up with you guys at the next one!
            It was great that Scott made it, even if Columbo didn't and he had to "wing it".
            I always enjoy seeing and riding with him. This time, he and I even worked on Bohn's bike together when his electrical system had issues. Scott knows these bikes, especially the electrical systems. It was great having his help.
            Ride safe, brother... 'til we meet again.
            Bob
            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Made it home this morning about 9:45 with no issues.

It is definitely past time to work on these carbs. Running strong again once down off the mountains but I think it is still Very rich. Gas mileage was poor the entire trip as well. Lowest tank was 20.5, highest was 26.7. Thank god for the big tank. After Pikes Peak my clutch is slipping on hard acceleration as well, but I probably just need to adjust it.
              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Have you got Barnetts in there Harry? I forgot about it, we could have adjusted it last evening at Ivan's.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Yeah, I know we could have.... but I was hot and tired and had a cold beer in my hand. It wasn't doing it so bad that I was worried about getting home. As far as the springs, I believe they are stock, unless a P.O. changed them.
                  Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• The rally

Greetings,
                    I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this years rally,
                    It was great to see some familiar faces and to finally meet some of the faces behind the names on channel 11.
                    It was nice to ride with so many skilled and talented riders on roads that can be quite challenging , I always felt safe around anyone that I was riding next to .
                    So thanks to Howard Jerry.....Jerry for their contributions, to make it a BIG success, and thanks to all of you great guys for making the trek from faraway places, Sorry that some of the guys that planned to make it could not for various reasons ...And even though there were assorted mechanical problems ..the ride was safe and nobody fell down or was injured. I will post more pics. and videos as time permits ....Glad also that everyone made it home safe and sound (so far) I look forward to seeing and riding with you guys in the near future
                    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Awesome rally!

Made it home safe and sound around 4pm Chicago time, no issues. Des Moines Iowa does not like me, bad storms both ways, out and back. Nothing like rain, lightning and wind!

I want to say thanks to all, especially Howard, Joe and Jerry. Great rally, had an awesome time. The riding was unbelievable, the food was great and the company was even better.

Being my first rally I really appreciated all the help, advice and hospitality everyone showed. I've got a long, long ways to go before I can be in the same league as you guys.

When I told people where I was going, a couple of them asked why I would ride 2,600 miles to hang out with a bunch of guys I never met. I told them the XS11 group is the best!
                      Chuckster

'78 XS1100E

Money can't buy happiness, but it can get you an XS11 and that's a start.

Comment

• It was great to meet you Chuck and you did GREAT. One thing I can safely say is nothing will ruin a rally quicker than a rider that tries to ride above their skill level and hurts themselves or someone else.

Patience and practice. You gotta walk before you can run.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• I'm just going to leave this here. I haven't edited much or written any comments on some. I'll do it a little at a time.

http://s154.photobucket.com/user/gre...2016-17%202016
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Thanks Greg, appreciate the kind words.
                            Chuckster

'78 XS1100E

Money can't buy happiness, but it can get you an XS11 and that's a start.

Comment

• Enjoyed meeting you Chuck. One of these days when I do the northern LOST Rally I will ride up Chi-town way to visit.

Glad to hear everyone had a great time. Wish I coulda stayed longer but not in the cards this time.

John
                              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                                I'm just going to leave this here. I haven't edited much or written any comments on some. I'll do it a little at a time.

http://s154.photobucket.com/user/gre...2016-17%202016
                                Greg your pics have an ethereal quality to them. Don't ever clean the fingerprints from your lens.

I especially like #18 of the side of your leg. The composition speaks to me on an artistic level like "photography is a part of me like this leg".

Next time I might have a faster coffee cooker like Harry's stove.

John
                                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
                                X