XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BA80
    replied
    Comfort to me = reliability. I would rather have an old wooden rocker that'll stay rockin' than a comfy recliner that'll leave me sitting.

    https://www.moneytalksnews.com/the-m...nd-not-harley/

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    It's good to have such a dealer network when you need it.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    (shaking my head)

    People ask why I don't get a Hardley, I say because I like to ride, not wrench and polish. I ride for fun, not to impress.

    Glad he got his sludge pump back on the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Told me on phone the scoot has a minor oil leak around front cyl. exhaust at head mount and is a tad low on oil. His plan at this point is come to my place and take it out to Harley here in Junction.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    3Phase got his HD scoot back and is in Heber Utah ovenite as of now. He'll be droppin down to my place(G.Junction) tomorrow some time.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    FANTASTIC ……………….

    Have a good trip down. I look forward to seeing you and riding with you guys once again.

    Enjoy your week of riding before the Rally. Kind of get in the groove sort of thing

    I will be at Iron Horse on Thurs 27th along with most of the Rally Planning Team

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • gerkenbruce
    replied
    Hi all

    Hi All
    Gary and I leaving Friday for Fontana meeting Robin and Paul there for a week then to the iornhourse.
    Looking forward to seeing you all again

    Bruce Gerken

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    we still have a good window for recovery after Flo' blows through..so I feel many of the dire predictions were exaggerated....as they forecast but they really dont know...
    its mostly a media show for their dumb azz ratings..

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Thinking of John & the staff at Iron Horse. Hope they are all secure and safe and get through the coming storm.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi Greg,
    Thanks for that. My interpretation is they expect to be opening again on Monday. at least the roads that survive the storm.
    The winds seem to be moderating already but due to the slow progress this massive storm is dumping huge amounts of rain.

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/tailofthedr...0puVq4&__xts__[0]=68.ARC6TnNlze_68E9E2AeSJML9b6o1n6q-Xi_ZPiEic4kUVJ7nbwPb2UUSlHISJuUWh-P9-uUx6Li4j2GvEsIWFvw80RE03EpyaVe1-0CmtSnqxO9l2g-rF7D9B4eI0tbKIb161lSNreknYx2nYCyi9gPb1yDLoyI5w-KJUf2AdH6_TIymeuFvvkipbnHIxqaM7nGePnkvDByVH8ThZjm7 6HQbPBUrSO1pxuuKTeIcf4w&__tn__=kC-R

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase


    On the shiny side: SLC Harley just called and they found the problem after pulling the rear jug. The intake valve beehive spring is broken so they're looking for a new spring, no word yet on an ETA but they'll let me know. Right on!
    I thought you said they said the valve train was fine. The jug doesn't need to come off to fix a valve spring.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Spring has done sprung

    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Well, it looks like this will cause you to win another long distance Rag Trophy! You can use it to polish your HD after the XJ gets you home.

    I hope it all works out well for you.



    I rebuilt the XJ myself and it survived the record rain in the mid-west last year on the way home without missing a beat so I KNOW it works.


    On the shiny side: SLC Harley just called and they found the problem after pulling the rear jug. The intake valve beehive spring is broken so they're looking for a new spring, no word yet on an ETA but they'll let me know. Right on!

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Well, it looks like this will cause you to win another long distance Rag Trophy! You can use it to polish your HD after the XJ gets you home.

    I hope it all works out well for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Oh bummer..Ya cant beat a 36 year old Yamaha...flying back home and starting over is a long time and huge waste of money..IMO...but you might not have any recourse...or rent a bike from where you are perhaps?

    Leave a comment:

Working...