XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by dpotter58
    I hate missing this event and am hoping yall have a great time.
    Hopefully we'll be back next year.
    BUMMER
    But at least you had a fantastic California, Oregon, Washington adventure this summer
    Sorry to hear you won't be able to join us this year. With any luck come Thursday I will be riding your Baltimore 78E find to the Rally. Nice bike. Did a lot of routine servicing & maintenance so its good for many miles.


    Originally posted by TopCatGr58
    Well, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to attend due to work and other coworker already requesting that week OFF, usually only allow 1 tech off at a time. My other BOSS, we have 2 doctors we work for is also a biker, and his plans were screwed up recently because of Florence, so he moved his times to this coming weekend and took of Thurday/Friday to reduce the work load to allow me to be off at same time coworker was off.

    I'll be taking a LEISURELY pace across the south of Virginia to the BRP, and then just 80 or so miles to Boone, NC to stay the night. Then get up on Friday and continue down the BRP to Asheville, then catch 40,74,19,28 to IH and my hotel a few miles down the road.

    The grandson has been riding Godzilla this summer keeping it loosened up. I just fixed the SOFA "AGAIN", it sprung another mild leak from my FIELD repair 2 years ago as XSSE 2016, the same year I had to miss most of the rides due to hunting down a replacement mini-race Alternator. Also did a filter/oil change, adjusted the "manual" cam chain tensioner, and gave it a little bath. Getting the supplies/tools ready in the saddlebags/trunk. I'll be using my PHONE GoogleMaps/Drive APP for the first time vs. my old TomTom unit, so we'll see how LOST I get!?

    I split up the ride down over 2 days since I haven't really been riding much this summer/year, don't want to get too fatigued to quickly, especially at my advancing age NOW that I'm over 60! And my back/butt will appreciate the frequent stops/rests/stretches. This way I won't be wore out and can enjoy the challenging rides around the local area.

    And I see from the itenerary that the day's rides will be SELF SERVE/guided, no body planning on leading any specific groups. Guess I'll be playing with Googlemaps a bit more than usual this year. However, I know Gary/Bruce are coming down from NY, they may let me tag along with them, I know they'll be running some of the more challenging routes.

    Looking forward to seeing you all there and having a fun/safe time!

    T.C.
    FANTASTIC NEWS ................

    Look forward to seeing you.
    People can figure out Ride groups on Friday evening. We have no Published Routes but there will be various group forming based on Ride skill and what the individual riders are interested in riding each day. Safer this way vs 50 bike conga with riders driving over their ability.

    With Brent right now making some plans for the Rally weekend

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    Surprise, Surprise, I'm coming afterall.

    Well, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to attend due to work and other coworker already requesting that week OFF, usually only allow 1 tech off at a time. My other BOSS, we have 2 doctors we work for is also a biker, and his plans were screwed up recently because of Florence, so he moved his times to this coming weekend and took of Thurday/Friday to reduce the work load to allow me to be off at same time coworker was off.

    I'll be taking a LEISURELY pace across the south of Virginia to the BRP, and then just 80 or so miles to Boone, NC to stay the night. Then get up on Friday and continue down the BRP to Asheville, then catch 40,74,19,28 to IH and my hotel a few miles down the road.

    The grandson has been riding Godzilla this summer keeping it loosened up. I just fixed the SOFA "AGAIN", it sprung another mild leak from my FIELD repair 2 years ago as XSSE 2016, the same year I had to miss most of the rides due to hunting down a replacement mini-race Alternator. Also did a filter/oil change, adjusted the "manual" cam chain tensioner, and gave it a little bath. Getting the supplies/tools ready in the saddlebags/trunk. I'll be using my PHONE GoogleMaps/Drive APP for the first time vs. my old TomTom unit, so we'll see how LOST I get!?

    I split up the ride down over 2 days since I haven't really been riding much this summer/year, don't want to get too fatigued to quickly, especially at my advancing age NOW that I'm over 60! And my back/butt will appreciate the frequent stops/rests/stretches. This way I won't be wore out and can enjoy the challenging rides around the local area.

    And I see from the itenerary that the day's rides will be SELF SERVE/guided, no body planning on leading any specific groups. Guess I'll be playing with Googlemaps a bit more than usual this year. However, I know Gary/Bruce are coming down from NY, they may let me tag along with them, I know they'll be running some of the more challenging routes.

    Looking forward to seeing you all there and having a fun/safe time!

    T.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • dpotter58
    replied
    I hate missing this event and am hoping yall have a great time.
    Hopefully we'll be back next year.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Tod, Harry, John and I always have done it in about a day and a half. From Tulsa anyway. We'll have to plot a route around any weather.
    That'll work.

    I just left Joe's place and rode back at the hotel for the night -- good day!

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    The 25th is an open day, then we can leave on the 26th. That's going to be a rough ride to the Iron Horse.
    Tod, Harry, John and I always have done it in about a day and a half. From Tulsa anyway. We'll have to plot a route around any weather.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I'll holler at Bob and let him know when you'll be here.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Yep, I have no idea what time I'll get to Tulsa on the 24th so I snagged a room. The 25th is an open day, then we can leave on the 26th. back east.

    I'd like to see Bob, Bohn, and a couple of other people while I'm going through the area but... I don't know where they live.
    Bob north of Tulsa in Skiatook I think it is.
    Bohn SW of KC in Shawnee
    Harry KC but Missouri side near Liberty or that area

    Glad to hear you are rolling again. Look forward to seeing you & Greg at IH


    Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-22-2018, 12:26 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    You do realize I can't leave until the 26th right?
    Yep, I have no idea what time I'll get to Tulsa on the 24th so I snagged a room. The 25th is an open day, then we can leave on the 26th. That's going to be a rough ride to the Iron Horse.

    I've done Denver traffic before, I didn't like it but Denver's kind of on the way back east.

    I'd like to see Bob, Bohn, and a couple of other people while I'm going through the area but... I don't know where they live.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    BTW Scott, you'll LOVE that Denver traffic.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    You do realize I can't leave until the 26th right?
    Last edited by BA80; 09-22-2018, 08:47 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Leaving Tomorrow For Aurora, CO

    Ride plan for tomorrow through the 24th in Tulsa, OK

    Staying at Best Western Hotels in:
    Aurora, CO Sat 22 to Sun 23
    Hays, KS Sun 23 to Mon 24
    Tulsa, OK Mon 24 to Tue 25

    Google Maps route
    Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    I always have to send a my own email as i am too stupid to figure out how to copy and paste the format to an email..but my choices are in...Cant wait to see y'all...

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Iron Horse Rally Menu

    Here is the Iron Horse Dinner Menu for our VYR Rally weekend.
    Of course if you are a Registered Guest you have already received this via email. If you are sharing a room please forward your email to your roommate so your roommate can also get meal choices sent in.

    If you are an Off Property Rally attendee (like Motel or staying somewhere else) then you will need to get your Menu to the Iron Horse along with setting up a credit card to pay for the Meals.

    Remember this is Dinner Menu only. ALL Rally attendees will fill out their Breakfast selections each afternoon or early evening for the next mornings breakfast.
    You can either pay cash at that time or charge the Breakfast to your Account on file.

    So if you want to eat get your menu selections get emailed back to Iron Horse info@ironhorsenc.com not to me



    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyA
    Funny just now got the menu email!
    Includes a note about the availability of a full body massage also.
    Not sure what to make of that?
    Yep, MENU's E-Mailed to the Iron Horse Registered Guests just a short time ago.


    They go shopping on Wed for the weekends food so having the Menu Choices turned around quickly helps them plan.


    Yes, they have had massage therapist for a number of years. its an upscale resort.

    Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    No
    still too early
    Wait a couple.more days.

    They never send them out this early. Normally it's Mon or Tues

    Jeff
    Funny just now got the menu email!
    Includes a note about the availability of a full body massage also.
    Not sure what to make of that?

    Leave a comment:

Working...