XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3Phase
    replied
    Thanks, Jeff!

    I would just as soon not do this again so I'm going to get Columbo put back together for next year.

    I spent about thirty days in hotels and motels while Harley fixed my new bike. I'll get reimbursed for some of it because I bought the Extended Service plan -- and they finally managed to find it -- but I had to shell out for everything while I was on the road. Now that I'm home I have to find and sort through all of the receipts, then send them off to the contract service center so they can approve/reject/laugh at them before I get my money back.

    I got to spend over a week in Milwaukee in a hotel watching the entire Dodgers/Brewers playoff series while they fixed the bike. The repair was done under warranty so it didn't cost me a dime and it was fun being the only guy in the bar from California.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Call it a wrap on VYR 2018

    Scott,

    GLAD to hear you are back home. 10K run is a pretty darn good ride.
    Guess now we can officially call 2018 VYR over/ fini / complete since you were the last one still traveling homeward bound.


    That extra bonus drama in Des Moines didn't sound like much fun. Imagine it is good to get back to all your stuff. Stuff is good.
    You proved there are other ways to "See the USA" besides doing it in a Chevy.

    Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-01-2018, 05:02 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Safe!

    I made it home with a little over 18K on the clock so I rode for over 10,000 miles on this trip and I'm really, REALLY glad to be back.

    I was putting on my glove after filling the tank and got run over in a gas station in West Des Moines, Iowa, by a woman that backed out of her parking spot without looking in her mirror. I got sent flying off my bike and was laying on the ground, staring at the sky while trying to figure out what happened as people were running over asking if I was alright. I was alright, mostly, but very confused.

    There was a cop that saw the whole thing and he called another unit to make a report with our license, insurance, and registration information.

    Leave a comment:


  • Radioguylogs
    replied
    Thanks Marty

    Nick and I put in our request for 2 beds/private before we left this year.

    We're did have some hesitation because we LOVE the location of Room 2.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by Radioguylogs
    Marty:

    Nick and I love the location of Room 2 in the Lodge, but Nick had to sleep on the floor. We are on a waiting list for a private room with 2 beds.

    Does the Deluxe Lodge Room have two beds?

    Is it the room in the back, by the creek, toward the office side?
    Hi Mike,
    With 10 months notice I am sure they can put two beds in there
    just ask and reserve.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    Originally posted by Radioguylogs
    Marty:

    Nick and I love the location of Room 2 in the Lodge, but Nick had to sleep on the floor. We are on a waiting list for a private room with 2 beds.

    Does the Deluxe Lodge Room have two beds?

    Is it the room in the back, by the creek, toward the office side?
    Just one king bed. There is enough room to park your bike in the closet, two sinks, big bed room. Really nice room, but for a couple.

    As you face the office, the building to your left, end of the porch at the back.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyA
    Not sure where to post this.

    I am about to send an email to Iron Horse giving up the Deluxe Lodge Room for next year. Sally and I have been very comfortable in it the past couple of years.
    We have bigger plans for next summer which will be a bit costly, so we will have to skip the rally next year.
    Marty,

    Your 'first right of refusal' on that room expires today. So Do Nothing is ok too. Since you (or any attendee for that fact) didn't claim the same room for 2019 then tomorrow, Nov 1st it is first come - first serve. Anybody in the Vintage Yamaha Group or XSSE can now reserve whatever is available.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • Radioguylogs
    replied
    Might have a Taker

    Marty:

    Nick and I love the location of Room 2 in the Lodge, but Nick had to sleep on the floor. We are on a waiting list for a private room with 2 beds.

    Does the Deluxe Lodge Room have two beds?

    Is it the room in the back, by the creek, toward the office side?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    IH room availability notice for next year

    Not sure where to post this.

    I am about to send an email to Iron Horse giving up the Deluxe Lodge Room for next year. Sally and I have been very comfortable in it the past couple of years.
    We have bigger plans for next summer which will be a bit costly, so we will have to skip the rally next year.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    You can catch up with him at the next Hardley dealer.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Thanks Brant for the update on Scott...

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Well y'all, Scott made it to my place on his HD yesterday afternoon for overnite stay. He and bike ae doing well. Early this morning, he was headed for Mesquite for overnite and is on his way home......Yay!. Now THAT boy has definitely covered the miles!

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    Mechanical breakdown coverage
    Rental reimbursement
    Markel American

    scott I think you would make out on this

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Scott..so sorry to hear of this continuing saga..bet youre fed up with Hardleys by now..Take care and safe journey home

    Leave a comment:


  • bikerphil
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    They are Harley-Davidson mods.
    Apparently these mods must be just for bar hopping.

    Leave a comment:

Working...