XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    I registered for next year before I left the Iron Horse. I hope I can make it back again.

    Right now I'm kicking back at my dad's in Kentucky and visiting my stepmom in the hospital, she went to the ER last weekend while I was in Knoxville, TN. The rain passed on by and it's been replaced by a cold front. Of course it has.
    Better hit the closest Hardley dealership and get some snow tires.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    I registered for next year before I left the Iron Horse. I hope I can make it back again.

    Right now I'm kicking back at my dad's in Kentucky and visiting my stepmom in the hospital, she went to the ER last weekend while I was in Knoxville, TN. The rain passed on by and it's been replaced by a cold front. Of course it has.

    Leave a comment:


  • Radioguylogs
    replied
    Here are some of my highlight for this year's rally:

    On Friday, Nick and I rode to Fontana Dam, Deal's Gap, up/back on the Dragon, and then south on 129 to Robbinsville. Then we came back to the Iron Horse to welcome other guests:










    On Saturday, a group of us rode with Mark Lew through the Dragon, up the Foothills Parkways, and back down 441 through the middle of Smoky Mountain National Park. Unfortunately, we couldn't go up Clingman's Dome because of the hunt for a lost hiker.

    On Sunday, Nick, Kurt, David and I rode Cherohala and back throught he Dragon. In this picture you can see (left to right) Nick, me, Kurt, and David. Two of the persons in this picture can vouch for the message on the sign.



    Back at Deal Gap, we met Paul, who had recently purchased an XS11 from John Chavez. Paul was hoping for some company to ride the Dragon, so David and I happily obliged while Kurt and Nick returned to the Iron Horse. This was a fateful decision for me:





    Officer Huckabee said "I wasn't expecting to catch you, I thought I would get one of them sport bikes". He clocked me at 51 MPH, but thankfully wrote me up for 44 MPH, so it wasn't reckless at 15 over. I later discovered the fine was fine was $257 plus some extra charges to pay online (Total $270). Ouch.

    I had a great time again this year.

    I must be one of the first to register for next year on the rally website. I know Nick will be coming back too.

    Thanks to everyone who attended and made it so much fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    Yep, a beautiful XS11


    Bob Jones signature and all. Certainly a well cared for and appreciated machine. Thanks for bringing it Steve.

    Jeff
    And thanks for taking such good care of it. Jeremy (Montreux_Blue) R.I.P. Was so proud of that when he got it from Karla.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    2018 Rally Photos

    I see some Rally Photo's over on our Facebook Page if you are interested.



    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    Agreed. Limey Accent is a good looking custom by Bob Jones and has a story of it's own. One of the best looking bikes that he did. And runs like an XS1100 is supposed to. 40 year old custom bike ridden, not trailered, to and from the rally from Alabama. Nuf' said.
    Yep, a beautiful XS11


    Bob Jones signature and all. Certainly a well cared for and appreciated machine. Thanks for bringing it Steve.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Hi Steve...Limie Accent is a stunning bike,,everytime i see it ..it just glows...As Mike has pointed out..you rode it to the rally...Thats even more awesome!
    Thankyou for bringing it!

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Limey

    Originally posted by steve scott
    Great video. I am a little prejudiced but gotta love that Limey

    Steve
    Agreed. Limey Accent is a good looking custom by Bob Jones and has a story of it's own. One of the best looking bikes that he did. And runs like an XS1100 is supposed to. 40 year old custom bike ridden, not trailered, to and from the rally from Alabama. Nuf' said.

    Leave a comment:


  • steve scott
    replied
    All the Yamaha’s

    Great video. I am a little prejudiced but gotta love that Limey

    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Look at all the Yamahas!

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    Hi Phil,

    Glad you guys made it home safely. Sounds like a good route back. Enjoyed seeing and riding with you and Brian again. See you next year.
    Hi Mike,
    Yes it was a good route and weather was reasonable too.
    Thank you for your kind hospitality and I too enjoyed riding with you.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Made it home by 8:00 pm Wednesday
    Brian & I rode the BRP from Cherokee NC to Sparta Hwy 21 to
    Wytheville VA and I77 on to Princeton WV for a late dinner.
    Some rain but not too long mostly blue sky for the views

    Stopped for a nice visit in Kane PA with Marty & Sally

    Thanks to the organizers for another great rally.
    Room booked for 2019

    Phil
    Hi Phil,

    Glad you guys made it home safely. Sounds like a good route back. Enjoyed seeing and riding with you and Brian again. See you next year.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Made it home by 8:00 pm Wednesday
    Brian & I rode the BRP from Cherokee NC to Sparta Hwy 21 to
    Wytheville VA and I77 on to Princeton WV for a late dinner.
    Some rain but not too long mostly blue sky for the views

    Stopped for a nice visit in Kane PA with Marty & Sally

    Thanks to the organizers for another great rally.
    Room booked for 2019

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    http://129photos.com will give you 15-20% discount on your rally Dragon photos is you use the promotional code "Yamaha".

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Got home today a little while ago.

    Good to be back in the barn.

    Bike ran flawlessly except to overheat at some construction backup just east of Russelville, Ar.

    Leave a comment:

Working...